[BlessedHeretic]Sirnat's unban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

[BlessedHeretic]Sirnat's unban appeal

Post by sirnat » #36741

Title:
[admin name] player name -
Sirnat- You have been banned by blessedheretic.
Reason: Killbaiting, lying to admins in ahelps and accusing people of doing this that they were not doing. Reflect on this behaviour please.))

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Acct- Sirnat, Player- Nathan Ward
Banning admin:Blessed Heretic
Ban reason and length: 3820 minutes
Time ban was placed (including time zone):9:00 Est
Your side of the story:
First off, I just want to point out, that if this person truly "Earned" his way to admin, I don't see how. He pm'd me asking why I killed the people that I did, I gave him reason for one, one person threw pizza at me, and would not stop, so yes I killed him via hatchet, security was doing nothing. Another person was constantly tripping/disarming me in the hall, and so once I told him to stop he continued, and once he got the hatchet to the head a few times as warning he decided he'd walk away which was not going to happen. I chased the second person down, hatcheting their brains out, yes, on purpose killing them. The first person came back and was blocking me, and pushing me constantly back into the room, so I decided to kill him entirely as well. The admin kept saying, "Oh logs dont show that they did anything toward you." Wanna bet? I have puush screenshots of the logs of them targeting me first, you should be greatly ashamed for trying to say I was lieing. There was a third incident where I was in medbay getting healed of a virus spread around, a person began punching me and I then said in ahelp that they were punching me. Blessed messages me and says, "Noone is punching you." and so he seems to believe I dont know when im being punched and when im not, it clearly shows up in the chat. So, Blessed made a big mistake banning me on supposedly "lieing to admins in ahelps that they wern't doing, and for killbaiting." Really? So, here are the puush screenshots, enjoy the true logs, since it seems you don't know how to read, and these are not insults, just clear statements.
Spoiler:
Why you think you should be unbanned:For one, if you look at it, these two were clearly there to minge, both targeting the same person, and both not even trying to do any kind of rp. Continued to ag me on until they both were killed, and so when I killed them, heretic seemed to take their side or the logs didnt show anything, in which he should apologize for because these screenshots clearly show I was in self defence.
Last edited by NikNakFlak on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: SPOILER ALERT
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Sirnat's unban appeal

Post by Saegrimr » #36749

sirnat wrote:and so he seems to believe I dont know when im being punched and when im not, it clearly shows up in the chat.
What that last screenshot is telling me is that you were affected by mindbreaker toxin or something similar and were being abused by hallucinations (which don't exactly do damage).
I get the feeling that wasn't a healing virus. Who puts cough in a healing virus? Hitler does.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
sirnat

Re: Sirnat's unban appeal

Post by sirnat » #36751

I dont know man, but he still banned me for "lieing to ahelp" when I reported Uriel punching me, im new to the game sorta, idk about how the drugs work. Only thing I know at the moment is how to play as engineer and botanist (sorta)
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Re: [BlessedHeretic]Sirnat's unban appeal

Post by Shad0vvs » #36771

Just going to go ahead and say for clarity's sake since I am Uriel Sutton, I didn't punch anyone that round and was likely mindbreaker.
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #36772

Mind breaker would explain the lack of VV's about you being assaulted, however in the cases I banned you for, you started the fights and finished them , with lethal force. You killed 2 people, and then accused a third. I must admit I probably should of checked your reagents. That said, stop kill baiting. Punching people to get a rise out of them so you can whip out your hatchet and start killing them, in their workplaces no less, is beyond shit. I am not reversing this ban solely due to this fact.

In your own admission, you killed a guy for throwing pizza at you. That is 10/10 for shitty escalation. I mean seriously, what the fuck. There are starving people around the station that would praise this pizza throwing man as a god!
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #36912

For one, I didnt punch anyone to get a rise out of them in the first place, I was walking in the hall outside of the botany area because I was needing healing from a admin turning the floor tiles to lava. The man continued to throw pizza at me, and would not stop, he was warned, I called security once, and they dont give a fuck about anything honestly.

Also, give proof I started the fights, I showed you the logs of me being hit first, so how did I start them? Your statement is therefore, invalid.
People starving all over the station? It's roleplay, the "minges" should have been dealt with by YOU in the first place, it is RP is it not?

Also, the man was not in his workplace for throwing pizza when he was killed. The second, yeah he was in his workplace, but he assaulted me first. So, how about you let another admin deal with this, due to the fact, you clearly because it's biased for the banning admin to choose to keep that person banned or not.
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #36956

This is a light roleplay server. You could be furious, you could nag them for what they did but outright murdering someone doing something harmless, worse yet entirely eventless is not something we allow. This is a prime violation of rule 1, don't be a dick. You outright removed 2 players from the round. Security is very unlikely to respond to a call of someone being assaulted by pizza slices, unless those pizza slices are doing damage. In this case, it is definitely not the situation and it feels like you were just waiting for any reason to have your character "Go blind with rage and kill anyone who wronged him.". In our rules we specifically state that you can not make yourself valid for kills simply because you want to "roleplay" being a psychopath. The guy disarming you I'd give leeway for, but you didn't heal him out after beating him nor drag him to a place to let him obtain medical attention, and killing a guy throwing pizza earlier didn't help your case either.

Worse yet, either of these events could have been ahelped instead of taking matters into your own hand, or at least an ahelp sent to us for your intent to apply lethal justice as for a go ahead. You'd be amazed how explaining your situation to an admin could open up your options and better yet, make yourself seem more like a victimized party rather than some lunatic that just wants to get valids.

In my case I got 2 ahelps of people being murdered for very, very poor escalation. I investigated, you were the aggressor in logs every time for lethal force.

However, as I mentioned earlier, I was in error when I assumed you were outright lying about a third party assaulting you, I don't get logs for mind breaker assault VVs so I apologize for that.

As a final point, people in their workplaces can defend their workplace. If you are intruding in a place and someone is shoving you or otherwise telling you to leave, you probably should unless you're an antag or have some business with them that's official. You assaulting a guy in his workplace because he didn't want you there is also, pretty fucking horrible.

Attack log here : http://pastebin.com/zRs5QchC

This is the admin logged attack logs.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #36978

Before I look at anything else,
First off, I just want to point out, that if this person truly "Earned" his way to admin, I don't see how.
That is literally the single worst way to start your appeal short of calling us faggots and challenging us to 1v1 you irl. Even if you really truly think that, it's never helped even one person get unbanned faster. On other servers, it would in fact be the reason you get banned, but even here, it's not smart. I know you're mad, trust me, I'd be mad in the same situation, but yeah.

As a point of fact, Saeg, cough is a bad idea to put in a healing virus but it's not exactly impossible. Unlike fever, shivering, itching, or sneezing, it does in fact have a drawback, namely forcing you to drop shit I think. But there's a reason these mostly-benign annoying symptoms are added. It makes the virus more stronk.

Okay let's break this down really simply. Your character was hallucinating, which is why he said you weren't being attacked when you clearly thought you were. It doesn't seem like you were lying, so much as just wrong, and acting on bad information. And as for the other guy,
The second, yeah he was in his workplace, but he assaulted me first.
As Blessed said, that's how it goes. It's not grounds for murder. This looked like a bad set of situations. If you get that you need to be a lot more careful when applying lethal force in these situations, especially now that you know about things like hallucinations and how tresspassing in peoples' places works, I'd be okay with an unban.

New people are still expected to know the rules and the game enough to not fuck over others, and are held to that standard, but we typically cut them breaks anyhow.
RIP
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #36983

Due to Hibbles coming out and clearing this up and recommendation, your ban has been lifted early. Be more careful and please Ahelp lethal self defense in the future. Exceptions of course being against people using something like a syndicate weapon against you, nuclear operatives, cultist, wizards and confirmed revolutionaries. Otherwise, if you are not sure or don't have total evidence to support this, Ahelp your intents.