Byond account and character name: brianhyde/Brian Hyde
Banning admin: ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): game server
Ban reason and length: Image
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-05-24 16:40:24 server time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story:

My note said this --
2018-05-13 03:45:43 | Bagil | citrusgender wrote: On probation for three months, any bad escalation will be dealt with harshly. Any unjustified murders may result in a permaban.
and also:
2018-05-13 03:44:38 | Bagil | citrusgender wrote: Hi, as a part of your unbanning is a 3 month probation: rule 7 will be in effect for everything that you do.
I would just like to know where there is "bad escalation" or "unjustified murders" in any of my playtime since I was put on probation.
For reference, here is the round I was banned on: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... und-88420/

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I don't actually know, because I don't know what I did to violate my probation. I specifically avoided killing anyone (when playing non-antag) even when I strongly suspected that they were an antag. As far as I understand, I followed the terms given to me. I am just trying to figure out what I did wrong, not that I think it will change anything, because you guys seem pretty set on not wanting me around. Also Citrus told me I could make an appeal to find out the exact reasoning for my ban being reapplied.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: [ausops] brianhyde - inquiry about probation violation

Post by somerandomguy » #413002

Not an admin but anon3 amendment

Code: Select all

[2018-05-24 16:34:52.719] ACCESS: 16:34:52.719] ACCESS: Login: -censored(ip/cid)- from -censored(ip)--3954874751 || BYOND v512
[2018-05-24 16:34:52.719] ACCESS: 16:34:52.719] ACCESS: Notice: BrianHyde has the same IP (-censored(ip)-) as Twaticus/(Hanna Tireman).
[2018-05-24 16:34:52.720] ACCESS: 16:34:52.720] ACCESS: Mob Login: BrianHyde/(BrianHyde) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player
This is the last time "bryanhyde" appeared on the page. Multikeying is always permabannable, and it's immensely retarded to try to when you're on probation. I highly doubt you'll get another chance for quite a while.
BrianHyde

Post by BrianHyde » #413003

somerandomguy wrote:Not an admin but anon3 amendment

Code: Select all

[2018-05-24 16:34:52.719] ACCESS: 16:34:52.719] ACCESS: Login: -censored(ip/cid)- from -censored(ip)--3954874751 || BYOND v512
[2018-05-24 16:34:52.719] ACCESS: 16:34:52.719] ACCESS: Notice: BrianHyde has the same IP (-censored(ip)-) as Twaticus/(Hanna Tireman).
[2018-05-24 16:34:52.720] ACCESS: 16:34:52.720] ACCESS: Mob Login: BrianHyde/(BrianHyde) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player
This is the last time "bryanhyde" appeared on the page. Multikeying is always permabannable, and it's immensely retarded to try to when you're on probation. I highly doubt you'll get another chance for quite a while.
That is my girlfriend, and the admins are well aware of this situation, as it's noted on both of our accounts. It has absolutely nothing to do with this ban.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #413006

I was gonna ban you if ausops didn't, considering you mugged a guy for his hardsuit and then ahelped when you got dunked for it. You're on probation and really should not even be considering mugging people without a very good reason. I even brought it up in your ahelp and you dodged the question when I mentioned it.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
BrianHyde

Post by BrianHyde » #413007

SpaceInaba wrote:I was gonna ban you if ausops didn't, considering you mugged a guy for his hardsuit and then ahelped when you got dunked for it. You're on probation and really should not even be considering mugging people without a very good reason. I even brought it up in your ahelp and you dodged the question when I mentioned it.
I stun-cuffed him after the AI told me he had the spare. I ahelped because he (a station engineer) was shooting me with a laser gun WHILE I WAS ALREADY DETAINED IN A JAIL CELL and then built me into a metal box, effectively ending the round for me. Talk about bad escalation, you watched all of that happen. And how did I dodge the question? I wasn't trying to steal his stuff, I needed to take the hardsuit off so I could get the spare from him.
Last edited by BrianHyde on Fri May 25, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #413008

BrianHyde wrote:
SpaceInaba wrote:I was gonna ban you if ausops didn't, considering you mugged a guy for his hardsuit and then ahelped when you got dunked for it. You're on probation and really should not even be considering mugging people without a very good reason. I even brought it up in your ahelp and you dodged the question when I mentioned it.
I stun-cuffed him after the AI told me he had the spare. I ahelped because he (a station engineer) was shooting me with a laser gun and then built me into a metal box, effectively ending the round for me. Talk about bad escalation, you watched all of that happen. And how did I dodge the question? I wasn't trying to steal his stuff, I needed to take the hardsuit off so I could get the spare from him.
If I recall correctly you were an assistant and there was no captain, so the only actual reason for mugging the station engineer would be because you want all access. Feel free to try and prove me wrong but either way you still ahelped for failing to mug a guy.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
BrianHyde

Post by BrianHyde » #413009

SpaceInaba wrote:
BrianHyde wrote:
I stun-cuffed him after the AI told me he had the spare. I ahelped because he (a station engineer) was shooting me with a laser gun and then built me into a metal box, effectively ending the round for me. Talk about bad escalation, you watched all of that happen. And how did I dodge the question? I wasn't trying to steal his stuff, I needed to take the hardsuit off so I could get the spare from him.
If I recall correctly you were an assistant and there was no captain, so the only actual reason for mugging the station engineer would be because you want all access. Feel free to try and prove me wrong but either way you still ahelped for failing to mug a guy.
No captain, no head of personnel, no security whatsoever, and you're trying to make the argument that my trying to get access on my id so I can freely move around what is essentially a ghost station is a violation of the terms I was given? And then further, you're justifying a guy shooting me repeatedly with a laser gun while I'm detained in a jail cell, then constructing walls around the jail cell I was in, so that my round is over?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #413016

Your original rule 0 was triggered by personal observations and reports of you constantly stealing the spare ID during low pop and proceeding to get into all sorts of unnecessary conflict and validhunting. Lo and behold this incident continues to involve you trying to get the spare ID during lowpop rounds after having your ban lifted. Your priorities ingame are at odds with what benefits the server. I won't be lifting it. Headmins are aware and can post at their pleasure.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
BrianHyde

Post by BrianHyde » #413021

imblyings wrote:Your original rule 0 was triggered by personal observations and reports of you constantly stealing the spare ID during low pop and proceeding to get into all sorts of unnecessary conflict and validhunting. Lo and behold this incident continues to involve you trying to get the spare ID during lowpop rounds after having your ban lifted. Your priorities ingame are at odds with what benefits the server. I won't be lifting it. Headmins are aware and can post at their pleasure.
The game is pretty much entirely about the crew somehow miraculously overcoming the "unnecessary conflicts" that arise, to save the day or accomplish their goal in the end, or die trying. Players that create these situations are not the problem, they are the ones that make it more interesting than "Round X: nuke ops show up with their overpowered gear, kill half the crew, blow up station". The game would be boring as shit if people weren't constantly creating/getting themselves into confusing and crazy situations.

I wholly disagree with your charge of validhunting, though. The round that actually prompted my initial ban was when I was an assistant playing as a self-appointed security officer on a 3 HOUR SHIFT and ended up only killing 2 players, one who was a confirmed traitor and another who was a confirmed changeling. I assume what you're calling "validhunting" was the fact that I de-brained 2 scientists to check if they were changelings. I admit debraining them was a little much (and in my original appeal I even noted that I learned my lesson about it), but to call it validhunting is ignoring the fact that I had more than enough to go on to be suspicious of both of them. Both the traitor and the changeling were KNOWN THREATS and I was simply responding to them. And in the end, the actual changeling was the Xenobiologist (another guy in their very department) so all the reports and information that I had to go on, about a scientist dragging a body in the maint and the scientists cross-claiming ling on each other, was all legit.

That's all moot though, because it's not indicative of my playstyle at all. You say it's from "personal observations" of validhunting, can you actually mention any other examples of this kind of behavior? Because I specifically don't go out of my way to look for reasons to kill people, and I hate the people that do. Those players are the ACTUAL problem with this game, because they prevent others from actually playing the game. My going and looking for the spare isn't preventing anyone from doing anything, it's creating a situation for security to handle -- the intended IN-GAME SYSTEM designed specifically to deal with these kind of situations. Besides that, my notes reflect this. Any time I've been told about escalating badly in some situation, I've always tried to follow what the admins were telling me.

The important question is still yet to be answered though, how is what I did in violation of the terms of my probation? I didn't personally harm anyone in that round (except for throwing glass at an electrified grill inside my jail cell that shocked the dude that was shooting me with harm lasers), and I've been seriously cautious about fighting people to the point that I've avoided it almost full-stop.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #413037

>little much
You haven't learned a thing.

>dressing up trying to steal the spare and ahelping when you get dunked is players creating interesting situations

I dont care at all for your excuses, I dont care for your probation terms when your original ban shouldnt have been lifted, I dont want to see you on tg lowpop servers being obsessed with the spare ID and using it for shitty reasons or to ahelp when you fail getting it. If headmins think denying you being able to play on this server is in error they can unlock.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #413050

So as far as I'm aware twaticus is not this guy so the ban should at least be edited to not include them.

Otherwise, I'll just side with ausops on this.