[arianya]F1refly - perma ban, I was being a knob

Appeals which have been closed.
F1refly

[arianya]F1refly - perma ban, I was being a knob

Post by F1refly » #416252

Byond account and character name: F1refly (Ryan Cobb in game as Captain)
Banning admin: Arianya
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent (Originally two day but I decided to be sarcastic to the admin)
Ban reason and length: Being a dickhead - Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 09:50:11 (not sure on timezone, im GMT+2)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Basil/Bagil
Your side of the story: Spawned as Captain, thought it'd be funny to mess with the AI laws, was originally just going to do some meme bullshit but saw that the Oxygen is Toxic to humans Module was there, and the urge was too powerful, one thing led to another and I implemented it. Obviously I was non-antag, two people died. Admin contacted me and gave me two day ban "to think about my actions" or something along those lines. I of course, said "I gave it a whole 30 seconds of thought and have decided I don't feel bad about it" or something along those lines, you can probably pull the log up. Got Perma banned shortly thereafter for admitting to just being there to be a dickhead.
Why you think you should be unbanned: That's a toughie. I've played on and off, obviously not as long as some of the other players but I consider myself a regular to the server/s. I only have one previous infraction from "gouty" for "ICKY in OCKY" and before this I've never openly griefed. Yes I was a dickhead but I think a perma ban is a bit much. If you gave me two weeks or even a month, I think that's a fairer ban than a Permanent one.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: [arianya]F1refly - perma ban, I was being a knob

Post by Bluespace » #416255

I'd just like to point out that Ryan Cobb is a constant source of pain for most command and security staff in-game. From an obsession with getting access to sec channels to troll security, to outright helping traitors and criminals as non-antag. From breaking in to sensitive places and stealing everything not nailed down, you're frustrating. I don't think you should be permabanned, but when you come back, please try and be a little more considerate to people in-game, because you're a decent enough guy.
F1refly

Post by F1refly » #416260

that Ryan Cobb isn't me. I took the name to mess with him because I think he's a pain as well
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #416262

This Is Not The Ryan Cobb I Am Looking For
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #416263

F1refly wrote:that Ryan Cobb isn't me. I took the name to mess with him because I think he's a pain as well
Using other people's names to metagrudge isn't helping your case.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #416273

Full ban reason: "Permanently banned - Rule 1 Ban - You, by your own admission, are just here to be a dickhead. Bye."

To clarify, the upgrade from 2 day ban to permanent was not because you were "sarcastic to the admin", but because the original 2 day ban was under the presumption that the deaths were accidentally caused. The fact that you seemed entirely unfazed by what had happened, and responded to notification of your ban with "well i'll just go shit up Paradise", gave me no belief that you are here to play within the rules, and leads me to believe that you just want to get a reaction.

Based off what I saw of you, I don't see any reason why we would want you back, as even your appeal isn't really acknowledging that what you did was unacceptable for a captain to do.

On that note, I'm denying the appeal, subject to head administrator review, as usual.

Ticket:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ViiqoEGl.jpg[/img]

Snippet of Deadchat:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ykYgbT2l.jpg[/img]
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
F1refly

Post by F1refly » #416277

Well it was worth a shot.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #416282

Personally I think this ban is way overkill, although your response was dumb as fuck. We don't permaban people with fifteen plus notes after they fuck up and we hear the same old same old "I'm sooooooooooooo sorrry", I think what is really needed here is for you to acknowledge that you aren't going to go nuts and do something like this again for no reason, nobody expects anyone to play perfectly but making the AI pump plasma for no reason is crossing the line, however it's up to the headmins to decide now.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #416287

if you're not permabanning people with 15+ notes your'e doing adminning wrong.

line toeing shitters are not in short supply and we don't need to conserve them
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #416423

There's some value in mercy. You made a horrible mistake making those comment in ahelps though. Though, I don't think a permaban would be the correct choice in this situation.

I'm going to downgrade this ban to a two week ban. Understand that we're volunteers and we don't have to put up with your shit. Still, I think you can get another chance here.

Another headmin can comment on this if they please.