[STP] temp ban appeal rubbish

Appeals which have been closed.
topwabbit

[STP] temp ban appeal rubbish

Post by topwabbit » #416308

Byond account and character name: .babuschka and Melchior White
Banning admin: STP
Ban type (What are you banned from?): temporarily from playing the game
Ban reason and length: its for 7 and a half days and to put it in his own words "Tons of notes beforehand about being a shitter, when asked why he stripped the HoS at roundstart he just replied "I don't know", to be honest consider this a final warning."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 14:58:14 Servertime
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): bagil
Your side of the story: I latejoined followed by the hos and another assistant like me. we were heading out when we both realized that the hos didnt really move, so we sticked around and shortly after both stripped him, the other guy even took the handcuffs and cuffed hos to the chair, no reactions from him btw. so with that all done and the hos seemingly dozed I decided to act as the hos and take all his stuff leaving him all mine. I explained that a little more in detail to STP, not just I dont know as he claims.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well I mean even though it was my wrong doing, it shouldnt be a reason for banning. if you dont want your shit to be taken from two stinking greytides, you dont afk right after joning, who does that anyway. we talking three min unsupervised hos standing around, so yeah you cant do that in ss13. also what are all these notes? I mean I have some, three maybe? or more? I didnt act so massivly shit that this should be any warning really. If you ask me someone had to much salt on his salted fish.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: [STP] temp ban appeal rubbish

Post by kevinz000 » #416316

How long were they AFK?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #416317

Actually you know what why are you doing this? Helping stripcuff afk players is pretty dickish.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #416318

He basically just spawned in on the shuttle and you cuffed him and started looting him, you were basically being a dick and violating the fact that the spawn shuttle is considered a safe area. When I asked you why you did it your immediate response was "I don't know", I don't see how this ban is unfair and to be honest it's just terrible behaviour dude.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416327

I did not cuff anyone merely stip them and it was one after the other as the situation enfolded, he was afk for several minutes. I suspect it was STP himself, he basically banned me right away threatening that it is my last warning and so on. its hard to ignore that salt is
Last edited by topwabbit on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416328

so there was another person cuffing and stripping him, what about them btw? if cuffing is such a horrbile crime in that context, we should convict the other dude aswell
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #416337

topwabbit wrote:I did not cuff anyone merely stip them and it was one after the other as the situation enfolded, he was afk for several minutes. I suspect it was STP himself, he basically banned me right away threatening that it is my last warning and so on. its hard to ignore that salt is
As far as I could see he wasn't afk for that long, considering he was ahelping while you were doing it, and no it wasn't me infact the person you strip searched I later banned for a different reason. I'm not really being salty here dude but you have a lot of notes for similar shitty behaviour.
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416339

show me please
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #416345

I'm logdiving at the moment, but the person you attacked is literally the one making an appeal for a HoS ban. I'm sure you remember the person you robbed dude.

However also looking at your notes again, I think I'm going to half the ban but I need to know from you that you aren't going to just be a dick randomly. The reason the ban was so harsh is because you have literally zero reason to strip the HoS while he is spawning in, there is no back and forth there is just you being a dick for no good reason.
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416349

look, I cant say anything about how this guy plays as a hos or anything, it was nothing personal, just opportunity. My opinion on the matter is, that it wasnt the nice way of things but it wasnt really illegal. if I ahelp this shit as clown admins would be laughin at me.
and I was somewhat baited into it, I stripped the glasses as a good luck token, then the other guy stipped some other shit and started cuffing the hos and that hooked me into the situation.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #416354

topwabbit wrote:look, I cant say anything about how this guy plays as a hos or anything, it was nothing personal, just opportunity. My opinion on the matter is, that it wasnt the nice way of things but it wasnt really illegal. if I ahelp this shit as clown admins would be laughin at me.
If some dude stripped you even as a clown on the shuttle while you were loading in and still buckled to the chair I would ban them too, just because some other guy was doing it as well (who will be punished once I search down the logs) doesn't mean it's suddenly okay for you to do it.
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416363

sometinyprick man you are blowing this out of proportion are you not? dont ban the other guy aswell, it was only an example that the situation occured, it was not just a selfish act of shittery, only two greytides baiting each other into a situation greyzoned in space law. all I m saying is this happens alot, sometimes everything gets stolen, the other times it is a handheld crew monitor then other times its a spray can but sure as hell, it is always something. if he manages to be afk right after clicking onto his role, insurance doesnt pay if you know what I mean
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #416368

topwabbit wrote:sometinyprick man you are blowing this out of proportion are you not? dont ban the other guy aswell, it was only an example that the situation occured, it was not just a selfish act of shittery, only two greytides baiting each other into a situation greyzoned in space law. all I m saying is this happens alot, sometimes everything gets stolen, the other times it is a handheld crew monitor then other times its a spray can but sure as hell, it is always something. if he manages to be afk right after clicking onto his role, insurance doesnt pay if you know what I mean
No I'm not to be honest dude, how the other guy gets punished will depend on his notes and his behaviour, for you well it was just that a selfish act of shittery where you looted all of his gear before he could really react, to add onto this you did it in arrivals where even antagonists are not allowed to attack new spawning arrivals since it's considered a safe area, that dude wasn't afk either he was spawning in and he was ahelping as I watched you take all his gear and put on his sec coat. You only get to do shit like this if you have a reason, even a bad one would have helped you a little bit but you had none, your go to was just "let's just strip this dude because why not" and you seem to think what you did was perfectly fine when it's not.
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416624

point taken that the shuttle is a safe area, I didnt really think of it that way since we all arrived at the same time. Anyway, I introduced the other guy into the story to emphasize that it was not a jada jada of shittery, the hos wasnt moving for a few seconds we both had the same perception, both walking back towards the hos, so I took his HUD classes to admittedly greytide, so with that I baited the other assisstant into going a little further, he removed the jumpsuit, oh look at that handcuffs and the hos is still not moving and so goes the tale. it wasnt me sayin Ima ruin this motherfucking assholes shift by taking his shit or something, but yet the ban reflects just that. 24hours are almost over, that should do for stipping someone at an inappropriate location, dont you think?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #416635

Also perhaps unrelated, but why were you using the thetopwabbit account before, kinda feels like you were evading your notes or something.

Admin link: https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/playerdeta ... etopwabbit
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416645

Dax Dupont wrote:Also perhaps unrelated, but why were you using the thetopwabbit account before, kinda feels like you were evading your notes or something.
no I was banned with my .babuschka account for a month, I resolved that recently and used another account after that. an admin talked to me about this, topwabbit is banned now and I m using .babuschka. I m not evading notes or something
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #416664

topwabbit wrote:point taken that the shuttle is a safe area, I didnt really think of it that way since we all arrived at the same time. Anyway, I introduced the other guy into the story to emphasize that it was not a jada jada of shittery, the hos wasnt moving for a few seconds we both had the same perception, both walking back towards the hos, so I took his HUD classes to admittedly greytide, so with that I baited the other assisstant into going a little further, he removed the jumpsuit, oh look at that handcuffs and the hos is still not moving and so goes the tale. it wasnt me sayin Ima ruin this motherfucking assholes shift by taking his shit or something, but yet the ban reflects just that. 24hours are almost over, that should do for stipping someone at an inappropriate location, dont you think?
Considering you didn't kill anyone I'm going to shorten the ban to three days (which means two days since it's already been a day), the effect isn't really the issue it's the intent. Don't do shitty things for no reason, we aren't at norp just yet so you have to a good reason to be fucking with somebody.
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416750

sometinyprick: 'baaaa baaa baa'
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #416755

topwabbit wrote:sometinyprick: 'baaaa baaa baa'
if you are a sheep you need to inform us of that, usually sheep don't live to eighteen so we will require proof that you aren't underage if it turns out that you are indeed a sheep.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #416843

Headmin here. I'm overulling STP. Your ban is back to 7 and a half days from today.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #416901

respect my authoritha
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #416902

Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #416903

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #416905

shame this isn't reserves-worthy tbh
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #416954

topwabbit wrote:respect my authoritha
You have proven your worth to grove street. +1 That STP guy sounds like a b u s t a