[Arianya]Chernoboggo - Banned due to relation to my brother?

Appeals which have been closed.
Chernoboggo

[Arianya]Chernoboggo - Banned due to relation to my brother?

Post by Chernoboggo » #418124

Byond account and character name: Chernoboggo (Johan "Bakgat" Marais)
Banning admin: Arianya
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Relation to my brothers account, which was banned afaik
Ban reason and length: Perma (I think?)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Uh I didn't get a look at the time, was close to 4:30Pm my side I think (UTC+2)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil I think (the ss13 website is weird, sometimes it throws me into Sybil or Terry)
Your side of the story: My brother would come home once a week, and he'd use the Family Computer, sometimes I'd watch him play games like Day of Infamy or Space Station 13. I decided a while back I wanted to play it myself so I registered an account but apparently my brother was banned on the same day? I don't see why my association with him should be cause for ME getting banned?
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because I didn't do shit because my brother is a massive dickhead
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Re: [Arianya]Chernoboggo - Banned due to relation to my brother?

Post by factoryman942 » #418134

Admins have no supernatural abilities with which to distinguish people. If someone gets banned, and another account logs in from the same IP/computer, the most common situation is someone trying to evade the ban, and so the new account is banned.
Also, "it was my brother" is literally the most common excuse used when this happens
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #418151

You have a weird concept of he only comes home once a week, considering all these connections are for the same IP and computer.

Congrats, your two week ban has now become a permanent one.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #418153

Dax Dupont wrote:
Spoiler:
You have a weird concept of he only comes home once a week, considering all these connections are for the same IP and computer.

Congrats, your two week ban has now become a permanent one.
>adding more bans because they appealed

I thought we were over this

edit:Permanently banned - Associated with ckey f1refly, which is banned from the server. Account was registered on same day as f1refly's ban. Asked to explain themselves on the forums if this is a misunderstanding.

when you put it like this though
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #418154

It became permanent by way of deciding to try an evade, the original ban was 2 weeks and he then caught this perma for the evasion.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #418155

Thunder11 wrote:It became permanent by way of deciding to try an evade, the original ban was 2 weeks and he then caught this perma for the evasion.
yeah i wasn't keeping up with it, this is denied
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #418157

Full ban reason:
Permanently banned - Associated with ckey f1refly, which is banned from the server. Account was registered on same day as f1refly's ban. Asked to explain themselves on the forums if this is a misunderstanding.
and from f1refly, since it was applied at the same time:
Permanent ban - Associated with ckey chernoboggo, which logged on during a ongoing ban from citrusgender. Chernoboggo was made on the day of the ban. Please explain on the forums if this is a misunderstanding.
If you truly are someone other then f1refly, please understand that we have to take this measure to ensure that people conform to our rules and the bans that result from breaking them. Otherwise everyone would evade their bans and simply claim to be their own sibling. Short of you in some way proving your relation (I'm not sure how you would even do so without heavy, unwarranted doxing) I see no way for you to easily appeal this ban.

If, as I suspect, you are actually f1refly, please understand that we take ban evasion very seriously, and that you would have been much better simply waiting out the two weeks and then coming back to the server. As it stands, I'd suggest you spend some time on another SS13 server and appeal this in a couple of months with a reference from another server.
Spoiler:
Sorry not sorry for unlocking the topic to say this
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg