Post by topwabbit » #422204

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: .babuschka
Banning admin: Nervere
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permaban
Ban reason and length: apparently rule 1 posting someones facebook in OOC
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-06-28 15:38:something
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): bagil
Your side of the story: I posted some guys facebook in ooc.
Why you think you should be unbanned: although I admit it was a douchy move I didnt know it was illegal, I saw other people post facebook profiles without any consequences. I didnt really know it was illegal. rule 1 dont be a dick is very vague, I mean telling someone to suck dick can mean that they were a dick in somo elses opinion. no posting facebook details in ooc, noted. a warning would have been enough, its not that I m learning disability
Last edited by lzimann on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Included banning admin on title
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: permaban from nerve due to being a dick in OOC kind of

Post by Dax Dupont » #422210

Rule 1 - Posted someone's personal Facebook account in OOC. There is absolutely no justification for this, and we have zero tolerance for anyone who spreads the personal information of others. is the full reason
Weren't you that guy who went on a whole paranoia rampage in OOC once and linked someone's facebook before?
topwabbit

Post by topwabbit » #422214

no no that wasnt me. where does that rule stand?
Rule 1 Precedents.

Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 ban.
Spamming any channel is not allowed, this goes for radio spam, AI vox announcement spam, paper at camera spam and other forms of spam. Non-antagonists doing so may not defend themselves and may suffer from IC or OOC consequences. Antagonists can to a certain extent, moreso with reading things like WGW over the radio, but may be told by admins to stop if it becomes excessive. Spamming can result from ingame admin intervention ending in you dying, to admin warnings, to bans for excessive or repeated spamming.
Rules still apply until the emergency escape shuttle has reached Centcom and the round-end antagonist report has appeared. When the shuttle has reached Centcom, players are free to act as per lone antagonists, detailed in Rule 4. Non-antagonist grief upon the shuttle, from spamming flashbangs for no reason to spraying space lube, can be met with instant 5 (five) minute bans or more.
Unprovoked grief (occasionally known as greytiding), repeated cases of minor unprovoked grief, and unprovoked grief targeted towards specific players or groups (i.e. metagrudging) fall under rule 1. Admins may follow up on grief with allowing the affected parties to ignore normal escalation policy or measures such as warnings or bans.
Players who attempt to break into the captain's office, head of personnel's office, or the bridge at or near roundstart for no legitimate reason put themselves at risk for being legitimately killed by the captain, heads of staff, or security.
You may defend your workplace from trespassers who damage or steal property within that space with significantly greater force than elsewhere. If someone is severely disruptive and returns after ejected, this opens them up to "fun" of the creative workplace death variety.
Raiding and griefing on servers other than /tg/ may result in bans.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #422222

Just because something isnt in the precendents does NOT mean it's allowed. Please use common sense.

Linking somebodies facebook is a huge breach of their privacy and potentially illegal depending where you live.

There is no reason to do it unless you're trying to get people to harass or make fun of the person, which is being a dick (at best).

The reason this was a harsh ban is because releasing the personal information of others is an extremely serious issue and not something we want happening on our servers for any reason. Playing this game shouldn't have negative real life concequences. This is an unwritten rule is basically every online community in existence. Please don't look up the personal information of others without their concent in the future.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [Nervere] permaban due to being a dick in OOC kind of

Post by Dax Dupont » #422232

I got some more logs, but I don't think it's appropriate to post them on the forums.
I'll be happy to provide them in forum PMs to you since they seem rather sensitive.

I don't think you're fit for this server since you've listed this man's facebook over 4 separate rounds.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: [Nervere] permaban due to being a dick in OOC kind of

Post by Nervere » #422252

We can never tolerate the posting of personal information of others.
I am sorry you have clearly had some deeply negative experiences with this person, but for now this appeal has been denied.
I realize that you may be experiencing some disturbing personal issues at the moment. This is unfortunate, but I ask that you appeal when
this has passed and you are able to participate in our servers when you're in a better state and when you can play without spreading the personal information of others.