[Nervere] OrderoftheDarkOats No longer 17

Appeals which have been closed.
BusterNutte
Byond Username: OrderoftheDarkOats

[Nervere] OrderoftheDarkOats No longer 17

Post by BusterNutte » #429383

Byond account and character name: OrderoftheDarkOats Was an offline ban so no character name is available but i go by Bob Hadel
Banning admin: Nervere
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Unsure what this means because i couldnt see the banning message.
Ban reason and length: Admitted I was underage and it was perma.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Im unsure because i tried opening bagil from the site and was only met by Byond could not connect rather than the banned message.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: It was on discord and I mentioned i was in school, someone asked college? and i said no Highschool and then was asked my age and said 17.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well my birthday was last month so im 18 (not a minor anymore in the USA) and Nervere said once my birthday has passed they will unban me.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Nervere] OrderoftheDarkOats No longer 17

Post by Arianya » #429433

Full Ban Reason:
(MANUAL BAN) https://ibb.co/j1dWmc Admitted to being underaged on the Discord server. You must be at least 18 years old to play on /tg/station. Please appeal at the following link when you are 18 years of age: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=7
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #429614

Just a reminder the 18 rule no longer applies for legality but only for vast immaturity.

If the individual's ONLY fault is being 17, and they're otherwise a good player, I don't mind them being unbanned.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
BusterNutte

Post by BusterNutte » #429653

Cobby wrote:Just a reminder the 18 rule no longer applies for legality but only for vast immaturity.

If the individual's ONLY fault is being 17, and they're otherwise a good player, I don't mind them being unbanned.
When was that decided? Because that stinks since I was only banned for admitting on discord that i was a minor.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #429721

BusterNutte wrote:
Cobby wrote:Just a reminder the 18 rule no longer applies for legality but only for vast immaturity.

When was that decided? Because that stinks since I was only banned for admitting on discord that i was a minor.
When we completely banned ERP with rule 8.

Originaly this rule was, like cobby said, for legal reasons.

Now its case to case, depending on the admin.

EDIT:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... =18#p53916 , last thread I could find about this issue, last ruling(by presumably a headmin at the time) was to enforce this rule, however its 4 years old.
BusterNutte

Post by BusterNutte » #429763

Shezza wrote:
BusterNutte wrote:

When we completely banned ERP with rule 8.

Originaly this rule was, like cobby said, for legal reasons.

Now its case to case, depending on the admin.

EDIT:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... =18#p53916 , last thread I could find about this issue, last ruling(by presumably a headmin at the time) was to enforce this rule, however its 4 years old.
Now that mega stinks because i wasnt even on the server. Was just mentioning how I was stage managing a school play. :( oh well.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #429778

I didn’t do this ban completely out of the blue, I was a newmin at the time and I asked adminbus for advice.
Opinion when I asked was that, “If you’re underage and not smart enough to keep it to yourself, you’d ought to get banned.”
Enforcement has shifted much more towards Cobby’s perspective now, and I tend to agree with the sentiment. It’s definitely not a ban I would have applied if I were given the choice today. Regardless, you’re clear to be unbanned now.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Post by Virtual John » #429779

OrderoftheDarkOats my boy you are free to play. Make sure to read up on the rules section before jumping in, but otherwise have fun man, and welcome back!