justicegoat FatCat919 Here to take rule 2 seriously

Appeals which have been closed.
FatCat919

justicegoat FatCat919 Here to take rule 2 seriously

Post by FatCat919 » #429829

Byond account and character name:FatCat FatCat Steele
Banning admin: justicegoat
Ban type (What are you banned from?): metagaming
Ban reason and length: " come back when you are ready to take rule two seriously , you have already ben warned for metagamign with SpaceSeal/(Albert Hunt) PERM BAN
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 10-11 Central time zone on a Saturday
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil
Your side of the story: i was in a discord call with my friend, SpaceSeal/Albert Hunt, i was basicly banned for this, my friend wanted me to find him, and then find a window to break so we can starve the entire station of oxygen. then some guy comes up, and i start fighting him, as my friend is still breaking the windows,he knocked me out, so i told my friend in discord to go attack him (honestly i dont feel like thats realy metagaming if we are still in his view range, AND if i yelled in chat he could hear me
Why you think you should be unbanned: I havent read the rules at the time of ban, but now i have read all rules, and like the ban reason says, i will actualy take rule two seriously *i would atleast like to be unbanned, and have a time, such as 30 days or something than stay perm*
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Re: justicegoat FatCat919 Here to take rule 2 seriously

Post by JusticeGoat » #429975

I would be alright for reducing this ban from permanent, to 14 days for you and your friend. Since this is your second time being caught for metacomms next time this will be a lot longer, not reading the rules is no excuse.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #429977

FatCat919 wrote:honestly i dont feel like thats realy metagaming if we are still in his view range, AND if i yelled in chat he could hear me
I think you missed this part mr admin
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #429984

FatCat919 wrote:honestly i dont feel like thats realy metagaming if we are still in his view range, AND if i yelled in chat he could hear me
I will clarify this. First off, the ban is for metacomms, which is somewhat different from metagaming. Furthermore, communicating in ANY OOC form while the round is ongoing about that round is metacomms, and is against the rules. If you could have done it IC, DO IT IC. It's quite hard to believe that you are "here to take rule 2 seriously", when you explicitly ignored a direct warning by an admin about metacomms, and still fail to understand why what you did was wrong after purportedly reading the rules and appealing.

Explicitly: No, you cannot sit in Discord voice chat with your friend while the both of you play.
FatCat919

Post by FatCat919 » #430011

well i was banned for it, so thats what i put :/
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #430027

For the record, I don't believe your ban sentence should be reduced. I think you took the second chance we gave you and spat in our face. JusticeGoat wants to place their faith in you, so please don't take their trust for granted. Do the right thing.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #430050

While i may of been very lenient this time its because i have the best hopes that you and your friend can rejoin the community and follow the rules. Hope you realize that if any other admin caught this you would have remained banned.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #430675

If you unbanned him resolve the appeal nibba
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current