MrAlphonzo | John53_2 | Two day ban for chem nade

Appeals which have been closed.
John53_2
Byond Username: John53_2

MrAlphonzo | John53_2 | Two day ban for chem nade

Post by John53_2 » #435282

Byond account and character name: John53_2/Forgot char name
Banning admin: MrAlphonzo
Ban type (What are you banned from?): 48 hour server ban.
Ban reason and length: threw chloral triflouride grenade in medbay, killing two monkey security officers, and wounding the HOS and Captain, additionally burning down cryo and the sleepers in the process. I was banned for 2 days.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 23:40 GMT +3
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: Alright, i was a chemist and started making krokodil. After i finished making it i asked if the captain wanted it. I lied and told him that it's only mild drugs, he accepted the offer. After he took it i ran around shooting a few people a monkey and a gondola with a syringe gun. Then a monkey i shot with security gear started chasing me. I ran away and went back to my lab. Then i started roaming again and he had a tazer this time i told him to stop chasing me and ran into chem lab. Then he walked outside of the lab, asking for the ai to open the door. At that moment i started panicking and started making making a grenade quickly, made some clf3, grinded plasma and threw them on a casing. A guy from the medical department opened the lab door i started running away before unpinning the grenade. The fire ignited me, two monkeys the HOS and the Captain. I took a fire extinguisher extinguished myself and hid in a closet before i was BWOINKED and it led to me being job banned and banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: They were detaining me, the HOS the monkeys and the Captain outside my lab with guns out. I didn't want to get detained and used the bomb as a distraction. The deaths of the two sentient monkeys was unfortunate I didn't mean that. I expected them to be set on fire and rushing for a extinguisher/rolling down to extinguish. But they just stood around and fell down. And i didn't burn the cyro pods. They were completely fine atleast when i saw them on my ghost. However the sleeper were burned down yes, but you can just make new ones to replace them. I apologize for the mess i caused really, I didn't plan on the chem nade being that big. However I've seen people getting killed for much of a worse reasoning than not wanting to get detained and it being marked off as valid. So i don't see how killing two sentient monkeys detaining me alongside injuring the HOS and the Captain detaining me is ban worthy or job ban worthy. That's for an another appeal in the future though. I have quite of a history for messing around with the chemist job a few months back. But that's when i got into SS13. One of my friends that introduced me was a casual minge causing chaos so i stirred shit up with him. But then I actually started enjoying SS13 and stopped the bad habits I had. Yet again I apologize for the mess i caused that round, it wasn't supposed to be that big of a fire nade.
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Re: MrAlphonzo | John53_2 | Two day ban for chem nade

Post by factoryman942 » #435317

does the peanut policy cover game mechanics?
15u, which is a full standard syrimge, of krokodil is the addiction threshold, meaning anyone shot with one was likely immediately addicted, which deals a fuckton of brute damage until you die
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #435357

You resisted a lawful arrest by two members of security. At first glance it may not have been obvious that they were members of security and not just monkeys that got their hands on gear, but seeing as how the Captain and Head Of Security were working with them, it is the obvious conclusion.

As a chemist, you have a wide array of chemicals to get you out of many different situations, a sizeable chunk of which are not lethal. You could have easily made a grenade loaded with sedatives and smoke, or used the syringes spawned in the chemistry lab, by default, as ammunition for the syringe gun you admitted you had in your possession. If you had time to prepare that kind of grenade, I'm sure you had time to make a simple sedative such a chloral.

Explosives is not the way to go with these kinds of conflicts, at all. You got both of the security monkeys killed, burned down the sleepers and made the atmosphere in that area of medbay harmful to anyone not wearing proper protection.

You have a history of this kind of behavior, as a chemist, and a history of overescalation, as a player. Over the course of several months, multiple administrators have spoken to you and issued warning about this kind of behavior, but you are still yet to improve at all.

I'm denying this, the head admins or host can overrule.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #435695

Since headmins managed to delete my post but not contest the ban I'm assuming it's not getting overruled.

move back if incorrect.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current