Appeals which have been closed.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

[StickyMayhem] actioninja - How Not to Respond to Bwoinks

Post by actioninja » #436166

Byond account and character name: actioninja - Hudson Marcotte
Banning admin: StickyMayhem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): serverban
Ban reason and length: "During extended, got bored and killed someone because they 'felt like being a shitter'" - 1 day.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): ~3:30AM PST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Since I've probably already raised a few eyebrows for appealing a one day ban, I will say that the quote on the ban reason is a direct quote, I probably deserved at minimum a warning, and I can just wait a few hours for it to be lifted. Why I'm making appeal is that the ban reason looks really bad for obvious reasons, and I don't really feel like it conveys what happened or the degree of shittery.

Since it's a very long story as to what lead up to that exact situation, here's an abridged version:
I killed a hulk trying to kill the AI which he thought was rogue because I knew it wasn't. I knew it wasn't because I wrote the current lawset, but I also knew the current lawset was pretty shit and I probably should just have let the AI die. I had all access for something that happened earlier in the round (it was given not stolen,) so I just walked into the armory, grabbed a lethal shotgun, then went out to the satellite, shotgunned the hulk, then died in space because I didn't have internals. This was around 3 minutes before the eshuttle arrived. I then received a bwoink from sticky asking why I killed as non antag, and it being 4am the first thing to pop into my head is what I sent back was something along the lines of "It's 1 hour in and I felt like being a shitter," which was (mostly) a joke referring to that the round was almost over. I didn't actually know it was extended because I'm a dumbshit, but I realized that was a probably a stupid thing to say when I received back a reply that said "alright thanks for making this easy." I was mid typing another reply attempting to clarify when I received the ban with that reason.

Yes that is an abridged version, if you want more answers to the many questions this raises, I can provide them.

Why you think you should be unbanned: it expires in a couple hours and as said before I think I did deserve it, I just don't feel like the reason that was written down is particularly accurate and also sounds a lot worse than I feel like it actually was. As previously stated, I had reasoning for killing the person, the round was nearly over and I didn't do it just because I was bored. I've learned a valuable lesson on how not to respond to bwoinks at the very least.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [StickyMayhem] actioninja - How Not to Respond to Bwoinks

Post by Stickymayhem » #436449

I'd also seen you in deadchat claiming that you did it because the other guy was a shitter or faggot or something along those lines which didn't help, or I likely would have stuck around a little longer and heard what you had to say.

I think the ban can stay, but I'll edit the note when I'm next on to be a little more descriptive of the incident.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: [StickyMayhem] actioninja - How Not to Respond to Bwoinks

Post by CitrusGender » #438871

looks like this is solved