Bragdolior9000

[Aurx] Madison Cooper - IC in OOC

Post by Bragdolior9000 » #42245

Post Content: ?
Byond account and character name: Bragdolior9000 / Madison Cooper
Banning admin: Aurx
Ban reason and length: IC in OOC, Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 3:25 PM, PST
Your side of the story: I was banned for 15 minutes by an admin for IC in OOC. I went to go take a shower, came back, talked about my death, got permanently booked by Aurx.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I learned my lesson the first time. The second time, I intentionally made sure I said nothing that would give any indication as to where my body was, how I died, or what killed me. If that's still breaking the rules, then keep me banned because I didn't know.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Re: [Aurx] Madison Cooper - IC in OOC

Post by Aurx » #42254

Your exact words during the second offense were

Code: Select all

[18:23:32]OOC: Madison Cooper/Bragdolior9000 : this is great. they just got thrashed
[18:24:06]OOC: Madison Cooper/Bragdolior9000 : No. I died and someone got trapped in the same department as me and called for help
[18:24:11]OOC: Madison Cooper/Bragdolior9000 : When they came in they got rape
[18:24:20]OOC: Madison Cooper/Bragdolior9000 : And they just left me. wow. lol
Which was directly referencing the events that were happening at that time. Nothing at all to do with your original death, which would have ALSO been IC in OOC since the round was still going.

Additionally, full ban reason is as follows: "IC in OOC JUST after a ban for such. Appeal on the forums and explain what you did wrong, and why it's wrong because I doubt you're getting the message. " You're pretty clearly not getting it still.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Bragdolior9000

Post by Bragdolior9000 » #42258

What would you like me to say, Aurx? I got the message. I cant say anything else.
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #42268

What I want is some proof that you have indeed gotten the message, such as putting what IC in OOC means in your own words so I know you understand what you did wrong.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Bragdolior9000

Post by Bragdolior9000 » #42275

IC in OOC ( In Character in Out of Character ) is a situation where current round info (IC) is given through means that others would not normally be privy to (OOC). This constitutes an undesirable environment for roleplay and gameplay in general, as it promotes metagaming and degrades the overall game experience. Put simply, giving out information that would not normally be known through in-game events.
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #42283

Unbanned.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN