[Nabski] Shark-sie temporary ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Shark-sie

Re: [Nabski] Shark-sie temporary ban

Post by Shark-sie » #439149

Bottom post of the previous page:

Oh look nabski has no idea what hes talking about again. Several people have stated the wardens attempt in general chat to stop the borgs. Heres mine too
[2018-09-09 22:14:37.220] SAY: 22:14:37.220] SAY: Shark-sie/(Lexus Black) "BORG NOP" (Brig (102, 167, 2))
[2018-09-09 22:15:20.427] SAY: 22:15:20.427] SAY: Ishotjr8/(A Bee In A Jar) "Borg has been instructed to stop." (AI Chamber (214, 143, 2))
[2018-09-09 22:15:13.684] SAY: 22:15:13.684] SAY: Ishotjr8/(A Bee In A Jar) "Borg, stop." (AI Chamber (214, 143, 2))
[2018-09-09 22:15:05.135] SAY: 22:15:05.135] SAY: Valoros/(Kristopher Richter) "TELL YOUR BORG TO STOP" (Brig (97, 170, 2))
[2018-09-09 22:15:00.861] SAY: 22:15:00.861] SAY: Valoros/(Kristopher Richter) "DO NOT SAVE EILEEN, BORG" (Brig (97, 170, 2))
[2018-09-09 22:14:48.082] WHISPER: 22:14:48.082] WHISPER: FantasticFwoosh/(Tyson T.) "law 2 that borg to stop saving eileen" (Brig (103, 166, 2))
[2018-09-09 22:14:22.809] SAY: 22:14:22.809] SAY: Hi_Im_Chros/(Anjin Stall) "borg stop" (Cloning Lab (93, 91, 2))
[2018-09-09 22:09:42.461] SAY: 22:09:42.461] SAY: Barbedwireqtip/(Mac Tenn) "BORGS ROGUE NOT FOLLOWING ORDERS!!!!" (Brig (105, 162, 2))

EDIT: I think this is solid proof Nabski has no idea what hes talking about, made no attempt to look into the logs, and simply applied a ban and tried to extend it in any way possible.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #439150

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOP

You literally yelled "Borg I am not giving you an order".

The correct verbage here would be. "Excuse me INSERT BORG NAME HERE. I, under law 2, order you to not interact with the person that I was interacting with as I have reason to believe that my minor accidental harm is a direct result of their major harm that they were in the middle of committing."

If you don't have this on a macro I don't know what you're even doing.

At which point the borg says "lol git fukt law 1 nerd".

Which obviously they also need to have macro'd.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #439152

Nabski wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOP

You literally yelled "Borg I am not giving you an order".
what???

i could understand the borg not following the order on that technicality but it's obvious that he attempted to get the borg to stop as well as several others. your ban literally contradicts the rules page. im not gonna type out why because three other people already have and it's a waste of energy at this point.
Lazengann wrote:Silicon protections, rule 5 states this.
As a nonantagonist human, killing or detonating silicons in the presence of a viable and reasonably expedient alternative and without cause to be concerned of potential subversion is a violation of Server Rule 1.
This is the correct rule to look at, because this is a discussion about detonating the cyborgs.

Was changing the laws viable?
No. The AI is required by law to prevent a harmful Captain from changing the laws. The AI would enable turrets to stunlock you which spells death in Revolution. There's a chance the AI wouldn't notice you or the motion alarms, but I don't consider a strategy requiring horrible incompetence to be "viable."

Would changing the laws be reasonably expedient?
Absolutely not. Defeating the turrets would take time, and if you ever pulled it off, the AI would disable power to the upload. At that point, you would need to hack the APC, find the AI control wire, and get everything back online. This is a tough task when the AI is sending cyborgs to stop you.

Under our current rules, blowing the cyborgs was allowed. If you feel this should not be allowed, please ask the new set of headmins to revise the rule, and do not rule on what you think the rules SHOULD be.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #439181

Sad display in this thread. Locking in the hopes that a headmin steps in.

Do note that while the ban has already expired, it does leave a mark on the permanent record that can still be appealed which is what should be decided in this thread.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #439302

Reminder that all public logs quoted or otherwise used in ban appeals MUST be accompanied with a link to the log on either the /tg/ parsed-logs directory or ned's log viewer on statbus.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #439319

This ban has already expired, but I'm going to lift the note for the following reasons:

• Given the dire situation the player faced with revolutionaries, it would neither be reasonable nor expedient to expect the player to change the silicon's laws as an alternative to having them blown up.
• This game, especially /tg/station, has many elements of paranoia, chaos, and misinformation. In the heat of the moment, decisions have to be made that may end up being hasty or not the best plan of approach. For this reason, it's to be expected that some decisions, in this case detonating the cyborgs instead of locking them down, may need to be overlooked. It's not our role as administrators to punish for each and every mistake. At worst, this incident should have been a note.
• While it this particular case is being ruled valid because of the circumstances, the headmin team would like to emphasize that killing cyborgs for doing their job is rarely acceptable, and it's only because of the fine details of this case that this instance is being OK'd.
• The logs utilized in this thread to prove a point do not comply with our policy on using logs in an appeal. However, due to the sheer volume of posts in this thread, the appeal will not have to be redone, and instead the player has been given a serious warning for this infraction. In the future, follow the rules on using logs as detailed in this thread, otherwise your appeal will be closed: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44.