[Imsxz] Baratheon - Metacomms permaban

Post by Honestmerchant » #440177

Byond account and character name: Baratheon
Banning admin: Imsxz
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban from all servers
Ban reason and length: Metacomms, permaban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 09/17/2018, 3:50 EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: I believe that this admin involvement came about because of some appeal by BestDogEver. The ban states that I had "logged off before I could be messaged," but I had exited out of the game client and been away from home for at least 10-15 minutes according to the server time. I'm not exactly clear on what the conversation included with the admin and the other player, but I think Imsxz established metacomms because I passed on my equipment and ID, and essentially role as HoS to BestDogEver without communicating so ingame. I had used a steam message to ask if he wanted to take over my role because I knew he was probably on Sybil and I had to leave in a hurry. I hopped on the teamspeak server that he shared with some DOTA players where I knew he would be and told him to come to sec. I quickly dragged him ingame into my office, downed a bunch of vodka, and suicided with an energy gun before immediately disconnecting. Presumably he took my stuff and tried to carry on as HoS.

Why you think you should be unbanned: While steam messaging is undoubtedly a form of "metacommunication," I would like to point out that my actions did not particularly violate the spirit of the rule. BestDogEver did not benefit from my ingame knowledge or assistance, as he was not an antag, for example, and had no defined game goal. I do not think any other player was majorly harmed or even inconvenienced. In fact, I made the decision to pass on my role and items with the intent of keeping the health of the game intact. As a person with a Head role, I thought it would be best to make sure that someone would be able to play that key position since I had to leave for an emergency and players are generally asked to contact an admin if they need to abandon an important game progression role. I realize that this situation would normally be labelled as metacomms in the strictest sense, or an intense bending of rule 2 if not, but I'm asking for some leniency here. I was not trying to do anything detrimental to the enjoyment of the other players, and I promise to stick strictly to ingame communications in the future. I was trying my best to be courteous without disadvantaging others, but I realize that I went about it in the wrong way. Thank you for your time.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: [Imsxz] Baratheon - Metacomms permaban

Post by imsxz » #440184

Hello, thank you for the appeal! I appreciate that you were straight forward and honest about the events, and will be reducing the ban length to 1 week. 1 week may seem like a long time for something as innocent as your situation, but meta communications is a rule taken very seriously and this needs to be understood. Thank you again for appealing, and see you in a week.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #440200

Remember that if youre leaving as a head, you should ask an admin and they'll offer you to ghosts (and change name if you ask).
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #440277

I'm not overturning imsxz's decision, but please remember there are no "acceptable" metacommunications. The fact that you were metacomming with someone to the extent of knowing each other's antag status is extremely bad, let alone wordlessly giving another player head of staff equipment simply because they were your friend. You should consider a week for that to be a heaven sent gift.

If you have to leave as a head of staff, please ahelp it (you don't even need to wait for a response!). If you metacommunicate again in the future you will be dealt with much more harshly.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg