[Imsxz] Isy232 - Why I maxcapped the shuttle

Appeals which have been closed.
Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

[Imsxz] Isy232 - Why I maxcapped the shuttle

Post by Isy232 » #451645

Byond account and character name: Isy232 playing as "Klynoth Culberry" or "Kryndald Geobbles". I forget which name I used but I only used these 2 on the day of the ban.

Banning admin: Imsxz

Ban type (What are you banned from?): I am banned from the 3 space station 13 gameservers.

Round ID: 96483

Ban reason and length: "Maxcapped the shuttle, planned on it being much smaller but still questionable".

Time ban was placed (including time zone): "2018-11-03 00:53:43" Servertime.

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil (Updated thanks to Subject217)

Your side of the story: I started off the round by doing toxins, which was quite successful, producing enough tritium for 3 maximum capacity bombs. I detonated the first one for research points and saved the leftover tritium for later use still inside the system. Later into the round I got a bag of holding and used the leftover tritium to make 2 bombs, which I then put into my bag of holding, at the time I didn't even know if I would use them, but who wouldn't you want an extremely dangerous weapon in your backpack? I then went back to R&D and realized that we had very little ore left. I went to the head of personnel and with a few other scientists got access to mining. I then spent some time mining. While I was doing so, the shuttle was called for the reason of "I want to show Ian centcom". It may not have been those exact words, but it was for a stupid reason like that. I was thinking that if it was for such a stupid reason, surely it would get recalled. Of course, it didn't. After the shuttle ETA passed halfway I began to return and made it back when the shuttle was about 2 and a half minutes out. I used my mining points to purchase a mining hardsuit and a few survival medipens then I heard the captain announce "Free corgis on the bridge, come get one!". At this point, I was pissed at the captain and the other heads. They were going to call the shuttle on a round where people actually did their job and with no significant damage to the station that I saw or heard announced. So I went onto the bridge and announced to the others on it that I was going to blow up the captains corgis, because fuck him. The other 2 on the bridge quickly ran off so I detonated my bomb on the bridge, killing the captains corgis but I didn't see any crew significantly harmed and this was never brought up when I was banned.

Now onto the shuttle part. After the previous events, the shuttle was ETA in about 60 seconds, so I first admired the damage I had done to the bridge and then decided to see if the station had any other significant damage or if I could find the captian. This was on donutstation so I went all the way around the main hall and found no significant damage or the captain. The shuttle was then arriving so I began making my way over. However, the captains and the other heads decided to launch the shuttle 45 seconds after it arrived, I barely made it on in time. I walked up to the bridge, raging in my own thought against the captain and used my bluespace wormhole projected to get onto the shuttles bridge. When I was getting on I noticed that I had a bomb in my backpack, the maxcap from before. Being pissed off at the captain, I decided that I would blow up the bridge, as it looked like all the heads were on it excluding the research director, who actually did his job well, but I heard it called out over radio that he died somehow while I was mining. Anyways, I decided to blow the bomb either right after the round ended or right before. At 20 seconds before the shuttle reached centcom, I took the bomb out of my bag and began to adjust the timer. Then, suddenly I saw a big red text popup in the log box. The CMO was beside me at the time and I thought it came from him, but since I only had seconds to react I started the timer on the bomb without changing the timer. I was afraid that they had noticed that I was holding a bomb they were going to attempt to disarm me and stop me from getting my revenge. I though to myself, "Fuck no, I am not letting that craptain get another one on me." I quickly pulled out my bluespace wormhole projector and used it to get off of the shuttle's bride. Since I had not adjusted the timer, the bomb exploded about 15 seconds before the shuttle arrived. It did a lot more damage than I expected it to. Oh how fucking wrong I was. The bomb took out the front half of the shuttle and killed about 50%-70% of those I had seen on the shuttle. After the explosion, I though to myself "Well, fuck me, I am so getting banned", which I did.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I know it might sound ridiculous that someone who knows how to make a maxcap and is not a completely new to toxins would not know of how much destruction they caused, but I have some reasons. Firstly, I had not seen maximum capacity bombs actually detonate near people many times before. I had blown myself up a few times before and saw the aftermath of the explosions, taking note that the radius the floor plating was destroyed at was at most 4 tiles. Beyond that, it looked like at up to around 7 tiles took heavy damage, possibly enough to kill a person and at up to around 12 things took light damage, either destroying lights or just damaging machines and removing the plating from walls, leaving the girders intact. I had also watched the explosions on the test range before, remembering that all the bombs I have ever made have never completely destroyed the test site or even made visible damage the the back walls. In hindsight, the toxins lab and launch area on almost every map are made up almost entirely of reinforced walls, lessening the blast radius and the test site was only being hit on the very edge and I often didn't watch the test site explosions and just thought that the times I had blown myself up would be good enough reference for the power of maxcaps.

The issue I ran into on the shuttle was how the shuttle was not constructed of reinforced walls. This resulted in much more being destroyed then I wanted. When I first was setting the bomb, I expected it to take out the bridge while dealing a fair bit of damage to the security compartment and fighting arena, possibly putting some others into critical. The shuttle was "Mother Russia Bleeds" and the bomb was placed in the center of the bridge. The explosion that actually happened took out a good chunk of the crew seats and sent nearly everyone in them into critical at least. I would have died if I was not wearing that hardsuit I got earlier.

While this is definitely a bad thing, I would like to add that it was last 20 seconds of the round when the bomb blew up, so it didn't keep people waiting for a while as a ghost. I did think of this before igniting the bomb, as there were more people on the bridge than just the captain and I thought there was a chance I could kill people who were not heads of staff or with them. Again though, I was wrong with my estimate and it definitely killed more than just the heads of staff and those allied with them.

In the end, I am sorry for those who I killed and were not with the craptain, especially any traitors I caused to redtext. I was not able to check if I redtexted a bunch of people as I was banned before I checked it and closed the first popup to respond to an admin message.

I am posting this about day after I was banned, so I guess I am asking for a reduction in ban time. I do not want to be bored for 6 more days.
Last edited by Isy232 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: [Imsxz] Isy232 - Why I maxcapped the shuttle

Post by subject217 » #451652

FYI, it was Bagil. Also just so you know, the bomb cap is 5 devastation, 10 heavy, and 20 light.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #451658

Hi, the main reason this ban was applied was the mindset of "I only meant to bomb SOME people" instead of the usual "I brought an explosive onto the shuttle and it blew up accidentally". Something that contributed heavily to my decision was another one of your bombs going off in the bridge earlier in that round, also a maxcap, what was up with that?

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #451682

imsxz wrote:Hi, the main reason this ban was applied was the mindset of "I only meant to bomb SOME people" instead of the usual "I brought an explosive onto the shuttle and it blew up accidentally". Something that contributed heavily to my decision was another one of your bombs going off in the bridge earlier in that round, also a maxcap, what was up with that?
Isy232 wrote:I heard the captain announce "Free corgis on the bridge, come get one!". At this point, I was pissed at the captain and the other heads. They were going to call the shuttle on a round where people actually did their job and with no significant damage to the station that I saw or heard announced. So I went onto the bridge and announced to the others on it that I was going to blow up the captains corgis, because fuck him. The other 2 on the bridge quickly ran off so I detonated my bomb on the bridge, killing the captains corgis but I didn't see any crew significantly harmed and this was never brought up when I was banned.
I never aimed to kill or harm anyone but possibly the captain with this bomb, I just wanted to kill the fuckers corgis and damage his quarters as a sort of revenge.

I do think what I did was ban worthy, I just wanted to give evidence to why I thought the bomb would be much smaller and show that I care enough to put in the effort to write all this. I am aiming to show that I am not just trying to ruin others fun and that I actually did think it would be smaller a smaller explosion. So and am asking for a shortening of the ban because of it. I only posted this a day after my ban because it showed me how bored I was on other servers and I do think what I did is worthy of a day ban with quite a bit of shortening if I put in the effort to make a well done ban appeal.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #451696

My bad, I missed that the first time I read this over, it was pretty late and I was a bit tired. I'll lower this to 24 hours as of now, as it has already been a couple days and the logic you explained behind your actions here is understandable. The main takeaway I'd like you to get from this is that bombs are to be used much less on a whim as a nonantag outside of mining/bomb testing, they can easily go wrong and kill someone 20 tiles away that you didn't know was there. Try to save them for things like cult summonings, nukie ship, etc. Thanks for the appeal, and see you in a day!

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #451720

Yeah thanks, I do understand the ban completely and I will be more careful now, knowing how dangerous the bombs actually can be.