timothy_teakettle

[Beesting12] timothytea - metacomming ban

Post by timothy_teakettle » #458390

Account name: timothytea
Character name: Timothy Tea
Banning admin: Beesting12
Ban reason: Metacomming with IUrmYeah
Ban length: Permanent
Time ban was placed: some time between 9 and 9:!5PM GMT I don't recall the exact time, is there a way to get it?
Server I was banned on: Bagil

Your side of the story:
I talked to my friend before the round through a discord text channel, we met through this server
We thought it would be funny to have the same name
He became captain, as announced by the server
I was walking around medbay and he saw me
We decided to have me take his appearance so we looked the same - it was funny
After some time of walking around I went to the captain office
I got put into crit
Got taken back to medbay, got up, realised my bud wasn't with me, ran back to the room
He wasn't there, so I went to look for him.
I opened the locker and he was there.
I then went to let a security officer out of the room, then I walked back, and the questioning from the admin began.
The questions were of the nature 'did you talk in X' where X was some kind of thing to speak through, like discord, etc
Denied it because we didn't talk during the round, nor did we ever speak in a voice channel (we used a text channel to talk about the upcoming round and that was it)
I asked for the evidence as I don't get what they think I did wrong - got banned after being refused evidence.
(i took screenshots of them refusing evidence after I asked, as I don't think that's right)

Why I think I should be unbanned:
I don't believe I have done anything wrong.
I believe my ban has been made from a series of assumptions, rather then actual evidence, because, as stated, I didn't break any rules..?
If I did break a rule that I am somehow not aware of, I want some evidence to backup your point, so I can actually defend myself, not just be refused evidence, which is absurd.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [Beesting12] timothytea - metacomming ban

Post by BeeSting12 » #458391

I doubt you weren't talking out of the game since you didn't say a word to each other IC, and this is while you're changing genetics, dressing each other up, etc. It's plausible that he coincidentally opened the locker, but I already had enough evidence by then. Even if you weren't metacomming, you were metafriending, which means giving IC benefits to your OOC friends. Giving your metabud captain gear and running around with him isn't creative nor is it thinking outside the box.

My response to your friend's appeal, basically all of it applies here ^

Also this line:
>We decided to have me take his appearance so we looked the same - it was funny
I saw no IC communication of the sort.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
timothy_teakettle

Post by timothy_teakettle » #458393

I don't think you need to talk to get across something very painfully obvious, we both knew what to do upon seeing each other.
We both had our names set as the same, and upon him seeing me as the geneticist, we both knew what we had to do.
I also don't speak in IC much for people that I know, as generally the case is that we will just follow each other around and have fun.

Other then us being picked out randomly in some pretty unlucky circumstances, I don't know what else to say.

On the case of 'metafriending' I didn't know that was a rule, but it seems acceptable to say that we did break it if it is indeed a rule, which I assume it is because you're a staff member.
I don't believe that metafriending should give a permanent mute though, but I might be wrong I guess, I have only been playing for about two months.
timothy_teakettle

Post by timothy_teakettle » #458599

Looking back on this, I've clearly broken the rules to some extent. I really like this server and I'm still pretty new, so I hope you are able to make my ban a temp, even if it's long, so that I can play again later on.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #458843

I'm just going to deny this and your friend's appeal. Whether it's metacomming or metafriending- I really think it's the former because you didn't say a word to each other the whole round- it was against the rules and gives the two of you an unfair advantage over others. This is cheating, which is why it's a longer ban then nearly anything else. If you want to continue playing here, then play on another server for three months or so, show you have a good record there, and I'll let you back in. Same applies to your friend, though if both of you appeal at the same time, I'll let you two back in with an appearance ban so you can't metafriend without it being really obvious.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?