Post by Lumbermancer » #458414

Byond account and character name: Lumbermancer , Schlomo Gaskin
Banning admin: MortoSasye
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Posted reason, a day
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 15 minutes before post
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Basil
Your side of the story: Posted below.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think I deserved it, big picture was ignored.

Normally I would just ignore a one day ban, shrug it off. But this one seems particularly silly, and the ban reason is borderline lies.

So I'm security, I patrol maint and stuff, mainly looking for the Nightmare who was breaking all the APC's. Suddenly, I walk on a Lawyer looting HoS locker. I zap him, cuff him. I call for help, since some guys just tried to steal from the locker as I was standing right next to it, and I need second person to secure it.

And then, QM just comes into maint, wearing full SWAT gear and holding a shotgun. I give him a fair warning.

Suddenly, he steals the Lawyer I was holding, and runs away.

I attempt to stop the QM, but I'm a poor shot and waste all my Taser.

So, I'm out of taser, and I attempt to stun baton the QM. Suddenly, he pulls out his own taser, stuns me, and unloads 12 gauge in my face.

So there I lie in crit. Thankfully help comes, I get healed.
In the meantime radiation wave hit, so everyone is swarming in. I throw flashbang.
Then QM comes back, and tases me again. Just in time, backup comes, and QM gets eliminated.

So as we are searching QM, and Lawyer keeps screaming "Syndicate" at me (cause I had North Star I got from traitor earlier), Lady Ari comes and starts pushing through me and my prisoner.

So right then radiation storm ends, Warden is handling Lady Ari, but I lose the sight of the Lawyer.

I go back into maint where I lost him, I pick up the fire axe (it was then I realized Lawyer probably axed the locker and not emagged it). So then Lady Ari just tries to run past me, so I cut her with the axe twice, and run out of the maint searching for the criminal.

And that was that.

So let's examine the ban reason from the top then.

As a security officer - correct.

Killed an assistant with the fire axe - technically correct, but really reductive. I slashed her twice, and there was doctor right with her when she went down. I had no intent to kill her. But I was out of cuffs and non lethals (more on that later). I explained it to the admin.

for pushing them in maint - not really. I explained it during conversation. She didn't push me, she pushed through multiple officers and in the end got robusted by the Warden. I presumed it was because of her, the Lawyer escaped. So she was at the very least guilty of aiding and abetting. I don't kill people for pushing me.

mistaking them for a wanted person - I have no clue where this came from. I don't think I mentioned anyone being wanted talking with the admin. I explained I presumed she knowingly (like the QM moments before that) or unknowingly helped the Lawyer escape.

They had methods to detain them peacefully - No, I also explained it to the admin. I wasted all my taser trying to stop QM. And then lost my stun baton when when QM tased me. Yeah, I probably had flash, but it was quick thing, I saw her walking by and slashed. I was looking for the Lawyer (that again, I presumed she helped escape), I had no intent to arrest her right then.

So there you go. Do what you will.
Last edited by Lumbermancer on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [MortoSasye] 1 day ban for silly reasons

Post by BeeSting12 » #458417

Nice appeal but please edit it to use the format.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #458420

[2018-12-01 21:41:31.406] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->Lumbermancer/(Schlomo Gaskin): Hi there! Could i know why you killed Lady Ari?
[2018-12-01 21:41:39.085] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lumbermancer/(Schlomo Gaskin)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): who when?
[2018-12-01 21:41:49.428] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->Lumbermancer/(Schlomo Gaskin): You, why did you kill Lady Ari
[2018-12-01 21:42:03.230] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lumbermancer/(Schlomo Gaskin)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): I dont know who that is, I will need to check the logs
[2018-12-01 21:43:08.547] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lumbermancer/(Schlomo Gaskin)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): oh we were in maint and she started pushing down all the sec officers, I thought she let lawyer who was under arrest escape, so I hacked her twice with axe for a good measure, didn't realize she died, there was doctor with her
[2018-12-01 21:45:40.729] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->Lumbermancer/(Schlomo Gaskin): You had a stunbaton, an hybrid taser, a flash and the list continues. Killing people just because you think they were a lawyer who was under arrest is against the rules, specially for a security officer.
[2018-12-01 21:46:38.547] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Lumbermancer/(Schlomo Gaskin)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): I didn't kill her, I slashed her twice and left behind. No murder intent. I had no flashbang, uncharged baton and taser, we fought QM who was freeing lawyer criminal already, QM who unleaded 12 gauge in my face, so pardon my agressiveness.

Found in the game log file for round ID 97918, irrelevant lines in between were all omitted.
https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/basil/ ... 8/game.log
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #458431

Good evening. After reading carefully your appeal I have determined that what you stated is the truth, and that it’s an unfair ban.

The reason I concluded you killed them for pushing them was due to me mistaking the following sentence: ‘’I thought she let lawyer who was under arrest’’ as ‘’I thought she was lawyer who was under arrest’’ which led me to also write the part of the ban stating that you mistook them for a wanted person.

Afterwards, when I checked the contents you had on yourself I noticed the security equipment and assumed it was charged, since i expected a special text that would tell me if it was out of charge (Due to me being a new admin in training.)

I didn’t knew either that the assistant in question pushed you on the middle of an arrest/chase earlier, and not while chilling in maintenance during a radiation storm. That cleared things up for me a lot.

I’ll remove your ban and the note, thanks for appealing!
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #458442

Looks like this is resolved then!