Appeals which have been closed.
Dlw4456

[Imsxz]- Dlw4456 - PERM

Post by Dlw4456 » #461064

Byond account and character name: Dlw4456
Banning admin: Imsxz
Ban type (What are you banned from?): PERM
Ban reason and length: Perm for raiding
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Jan of 2018, no clue what time, eastern standard USA
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): /tg/station terry
Your side of the story: Honestly don't know, was probably drunk and saw the words EU and jumped in looking for trouble, sorry about that. would appreciate a 2nd chance to enjoy the server if possible!
Why you think you should be unbanned: well its my only ban on the server and I would appreciate a chance to play here legit
Dlw4456

Re: [Imsxz]- Dlw4456 - PERM

Post by Dlw4456 » #461664

so, is there anything I can do, or questions I can answer?
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #461682

Hi. I was asked to apply this ban by other administrators, I believe it was Jimm or Nervere that messaged me about it. As such, I can't really handle the appeal regarding that information.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #461684

Imsxz is no longer an admin here, so they are unable to handle your appeal. Most likely a headadmin will end up stepping in because this was a permaban.

Things you can do or questions to answer:

Why other than HA LETS GRIEF EU did you do that?
Have you been playing other places, and if so where? Are they going to say good things about you?
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #461691

You were rule 0 banned by Imsxz for raiding other servers as per request of the headmins at the time.
I'm going to need a better explanation from you than, "I was drunk". A positive recommendation from another server would also help.
Dlw4456

Post by Dlw4456 » #461841

its hard to get "good" recommendations from any server, one slight instance and your rep is tarnished. I find it a bit excessive for me to have to jump hurdles for a ban so long ago, with so little consultation or information regarding it. If I am unbanned my actions will speak for themselves, Perma me if you would like if I break any rules again, but I am confident this will not be the case.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #461847

maybe if you weren't a incompetent alcoholic drunkard in the first case you wouldn't have to jump any hurdles you fucking gurdystick.

Since you can get no good recommendations why would we assume you're anything but a tool and leave you to find your own path in this twisted rotten world.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #461848

You know I actually looked and this person has never connected to our servers, and they were still banned for raiding

?
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #461849

To clarify, this ban is not from January, it's from September of 2018. So it's been about 3 months, give or take.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #461869

This was a mirrored ban that I myself requested be placed on the OP.

People who raid other servers is not the kind of player we want on this server. This ban is will within our rules as we can mirror bans from other servers at our discretion. I would agree with what the headmin has already requested which is a positive recommendation from another server.

If you can't get one, well that says a lot about you.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #461871

For posterity, I'm going to note that this ban appeal was made pretty much immediately after their ban appeal at Yog got denied:

https://forums.yogstation.net/index.php ... her.17897/

This doesn't necessarily reflect on their ban appeal here but it feels relevant.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #461896

Dlw4456 wrote:its hard to get "good" recommendations from any server, one slight instance and your rep is tarnished. I find it a bit excessive for me to have to jump hurdles for a ban so long ago, with so little consultation or information regarding it. If I am unbanned my actions will speak for themselves, Perma me if you would like if I break any rules again, but I am confident this will not be the case.
Go to one and contact the admins when you start playing there and tell them "I'm banned from tgstation and they want a recommendation that I can play like a functional adult. Please keep an eye on me so you can see me not cause trouble over the next couple months."
Dlw4456

Post by Dlw4456 » #461904

Not going to lie I think you guys take this a bit too seriously, I mean this is a game not appellate court. You are well to try and stop people who have raided and such, but even if slipped through the cracks the result is far from severe, one person being killed before being revived, one virus being released? And if its true I never joined the server than I guess I really didn't come in drunk or something which was the only way I could assume such as I do not, server raid. Apologies on mistaking the date of the ban, because you are EU I messed up the month vs day on the ban date.

Also, I was not "just" banned over on yog now, I just decided to do all my appeals at once for all servers i'm banned on, I still contend people are far too harsh with repercussions for the violence. It seems nowadays if a single fist fight breaks out you're liable to be banned in a game where the medical system is more in depth and flexible than any other, feels like I am restrained to a rail shooter of roleplay where I have no flexibility, yet many SS13 servers deny the most important part of roleplay that makes life interesting, variety. although for sake of rules and fair games, psychopathy and its ilk are discouraged or outright not allowed, I will never find my actions such as verbal IC poking or pushing somebody ever too far, on the contrary in many instances people have escelated far quicker 1 to 100 than I have, but never suffered consequences (not saying here, in general)

I'm also curious, in regards to the mirror ban which server was my ban mirrored from? I was previously banned from a server at a time for alleged "raiding" that was removed after investigation

I have nothing to offer other than my words and opinions, I wish I had something objective I could provide but I am unable, If you really want a good recommendation I can try to find one somewhere but if not I am not sure where to proceed, please let me know thank you.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #461907

This person has multiple denied appeals on several servers, and posts on neo-nazi forums (unironically). also posted comments on ban evasion vids under his ckey like a utter knob.

https://forums.baystation12.net/threads ... ost-100633
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #461908

Might also be multi ckeying

https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?t=19057

And now that Ive gone down the rabbit hole...

https://steamid.uk/profile/76561198008336937

Good lord please just deny and move on please!
Dlw4456

Post by Dlw4456 » #461921

Qustinnus wrote:This person has multiple denied appeals on several servers, and posts on neo-nazi forums (unironically). also posted comments on ban evasion vids under his ckey like a utter knob.

Wow I have to commend you guys for a proper and in depth investigation. everything you said is true except the neo nazi part but I guess that depends what your politics are, also the video is true lol I ban evade sometimes on fag servers where the admins make no effort to compromise or converse.
delaron wrote:Might also be multi ckeying

https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?t=19057

And now that Ive gone down the rabbit hole...
Qustinnus wrote:This person has multiple denied appeals on several servers, and posts on neo-nazi forums (unironically). also posted comments on ban evasion vids under his ckey like a utter knob.

https://steamid.uk/profile/76561198008336937

Good lord please just deny and move on please!
Not sure what rabbit hole entails in regards to my steamprofile, I don't multi key either I have used vpns before not sure how the key ended up on his appeal.

I appreciate everyones efforts and seems an unban is not likely, thank you for an honest evaluation though, cheers
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #461941

Dlw4456 wrote: Wow I have to commend you guys for a proper and in depth investigation. everything you said is true except the neo nazi part but I guess that depends what your politics are, also the video is true lol I ban evade sometimes on fag servers where the admins make no effort to compromise or converse.
Yeah, that's enough of you. This is denied, we don't want you here.