goymaster123
Byond Username: Goymaster123

[stickymayhem] goymaster123 - ban 2880 mins

Post by goymaster123 » #45697

Byond account and character name: goymaster123 - Alan Thompson
Banning admin: stickymayhem
Ban reason and length: https://i.imgur.com/Oaoh24P.png
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 7:50 PM EST or so
Your side of the story: I had a sing book, I asked the admins to spawn the singularity, they did, it killed about 3 people including the captain instantly, then I threw two people into it. Stickymayhem says it's ok if he kills people because he accidentally did it. He accidentally killed people when he spawned a singularity in escape.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well I assumed when an admin spawns a singularity for you in a crowded hallway the intent for it is to kill people.

http://i.imgur.com/V4N2yzg.png
http://i.imgur.com/DM3A0hL.png
http://i.imgur.com/tlz64vC.png - Having a sing spawned for you that kills a ton of people doesn't mean it can be used to kill a ton of people!
http://i.imgur.com/zitoS8J.png
http://i.imgur.com/mzBlSY4.png
http://i.imgur.com/kCO4b5v.png
not necessarily in chronological order but you get the gist.

I get mixed signals, you spawn me a sing that kills a ton of people, including the captain, and then you tell me not to kill people with it.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: [stickymayhem] goymaster123 - ban 2880 mins

Post by Skorvold » #45701

Stunned me, Krystal Symers, and I think a third person so you could personally chuck them into the singularity. All as a Security Officer.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #45704

Skorvold wrote:Stunned me, Krystal Symers, and I think a third person so you could personally chuck them into the singularity. All as a Security Officer.
you and crystal symers, nobody else.

Yes, I did throw you into a singularity when it was spawned and killed a ton of people

I don't see what makes you different from the captain or the other people it killed without my help
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #45720

StickyMayhem, I have to ask.
Why would you spawn a singulo in a crowded area?
What sort of event was it you were running?
And if you spawned it based on some sold item, why would it be acceptable for the presumably non-antag player to request/trigger the spawn somewhere populated?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #45721

goymaster123 wrote:
Skorvold wrote:Stunned me, Krystal Symers, and I think a third person so you could personally chuck them into the singularity. All as a Security Officer.

Yes, I did throw you into a singularity when it was spawned and killed a ton of people

I don't see what makes you different from the captain or the other people it killed without my help
While I really question the concept of giving a player the means to spawn a singularity like this. The fact you don't understand the difference between someone dying to a singularity because of bad luck/bad skill and someone dying to a singularity because a player intentionally stunned and sent them into it makes me question whether your ban should have been longer.

Like, that last line of your made me blurt out "REALLY?!" in my room just now and wake up my cat. You shock me sir.

EDIT: But then again, this could have been avoided i Sticky didn't set up this highly questionable event.
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #45726

QuartzCrystal wrote:
goymaster123 wrote:

While I really question the concept of giving a player the means to spawn a singularity like this. The fact you don't understand the difference between someone dying to a singularity because of bad luck/bad skill and someone dying to a singularity because a player intentionally stunned and sent them into it makes me question whether your ban should have been longer.

Like, that last line of your made me blurt out "REALLY?!" in my room just now and wake up my cat. You shock me sir.

EDIT: But then again, this could have been avoided i Sticky didn't set up this highly questionable event.
It was spawned directly on top of the captain

saying this was an accident on sticky's part is pretty wrong.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #45747

Even more odd than this guy assuming it was okay to chuck me and another into the Singularity was the fact no one even complained about the Singulo gibbing them. No one ahelped it, no one bitched in Deadchat or OOC afterwards. I would assume they either knew exactly what was going to happen or they just didn't care.
Spoiler:
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #45748

Also, Sticky is asleep at the time, he won't be around to this until tomorrow.
Spoiler:
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #45752

Skorvold wrote:Even more odd than this guy assuming it was okay to chuck me and another into the Singularity was the fact no one even complained about the Singulo gibbing them. No one ahelped it, no one bitched in Deadchat or OOC afterwards. I would assume they either knew exactly what was going to happen or they just didn't care.
Because they assume it's alright for an admin to spawn a sing directly on top of you but they make double standards for players

they know nothing will happen to the admin either way.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #45754

Yeah, I stick by my "What was sticky thinking?" comment. But I really also do stand by my observation that you deserve this ban, no understanding of what you did is wrong.
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #45755

QuartzCrystal wrote:Yeah, I stick by my "What was sticky thinking?" comment. But I really also do stand by my observation that you deserve this ban, no understanding of what you did is wrong.
I mean yeah what I did was wrong, but it was wrong in the sense that an admin was doing it

I just assumed since he spawned it for me that it was fine that I killed people with it
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #45769

I was around when the singulo was made and when he was throwing people in. It was one of those singulos that doesn't move until you make it grow aka chucking people in. In fact it took two people getting gibbed for it to expand and actually fuck shit up. Area wasn't that crowded(escape area) since everyone was busy with the fire or running away as soon as they saw it (me included). I was also in line with Alan when ward(the captain) bought the book to spawn the singulo so maybe sticky spawned at the wrong book. I forget what book Alan grabbed. Could be getting it mixed up.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45786

QuartzCrystal wrote:Yeah, I stick by my "What was sticky thinking?" comment. But I really also do stand by my observation that you deserve this ban, no understanding of what you did is wrong.
I was in this round. In fact I was said seller of the "Singlo". The officer swapped a favour for a book titled "How to pray for a singlo", with the intention that if the owner of the book prayed they would recieve that one wish. However, much in the same ways as any officer being given ANY deadly weapon (for example during a summon guns, removing a weapon from antag or being given it by the warden from the armory) the assumption is always that an officer will not use said weapon, other than in self defence or defence of the station or other innocent people.
In other words, just because you have the power to kill someone, doesn't mean you should.

As the cliché goes "With great power comes great responsibility". You abused that power, you should accept the response.
ThatSlyFox wrote:I was around when the singulo was made and when he was throwing people in. It was one of those singulos that doesn't move until you make it grow aka chucking people in. In fact it took two people getting gibbed for it to expand and actually fuck shit up. Area wasn't that crowded(escape area) since everyone was busy with the fire or running away as soon as they saw it (me included). I was also in line with Alan when ward(the captain) bought the book to spawn the singulo so maybe sticky spawned at the wrong book. I forget what book Alan grabbed. Could be getting it mixed up.
The captain didn't get the singlo book. He took a book titled "How to End the Station", which I actually have no idea if was used or what it would have done.

I do have some personal logs from the round (which most people seemed to think was a pretty fun round, myself included). I'll dump them when I get home this evening.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #45828

peoplearestrange wrote:I was in this round. In fact I was said seller of the "Singlo". The officer swapped a favour for a book titled "How to pray for a singlo", with the intention that if the owner of the book prayed they would recieve that one wish. However, much in the same ways as any officer being given ANY deadly weapon (for example during a summon guns, removing a weapon from antag or being given it by the warden from the armory) the assumption is always that an officer will not use said weapon, other than in self defence or defence of the station or other innocent people.
In other words, just because you have the power to kill someone, doesn't mean you should.

As the cliché goes "With great power comes great responsibility". You abused that power, you should accept the response.
So was it never intended to be used? Didn't a guy just get banned for using a singulo as a means to suicide bomb their attacker?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #45830

I was actually lenient based on the fact that players should generally get the benefit of the doubt in an admin event with mechanics they wouldn't reasonably be expected to be aware of. Using an item like that without full knowledge of the consequences could have been passed off as an honest mistake.

Capitalizing on that error as an excuse to deliberately remove people from the round, including fellow officers, isn't justifiable in any way however.

The round involved a trader selling extremely dangerous items. As the round progressed these got more and more dangerous to the station. The Captain ran towards the book as it was used and accidentally threw themselves in. The only real upset caused by the event was this instance of the security officer tossing people into the singularity, which was then fed by the bodies and drifted from it's initial relatively safe position.

I didn't make myself quite clear in the adminhelps as it was fairly late and I do apologize for that, but the vast majority involved in the round enjoyed the actual event.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45838

QuartzCrystal wrote: So was it never intended to be used? Didn't a guy just get banned for using a singulo as a means to suicide bomb their attacker?
No sorry, I think you misunderstand what I meant. Of course it was meant to be used, not nessicarily by the officer, and of course even if he did and accidentally killed people, IMO that would have been ok. But other than providing the book by knowledge of the events above are limited so I shall stand back from this.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #45848

ThatSlyFox wrote:I was around when the singulo was made and when he was throwing people in. It was one of those singulos that doesn't move until you make it grow aka chucking people in. In fact it took two people getting gibbed for it to expand and actually fuck shit up. Area wasn't that crowded(escape area) since everyone was busy with the fire or running away as soon as they saw it (me included). I was also in line with Alan when ward(the captain) bought the book to spawn the singulo so maybe sticky spawned at the wrong book. I forget what book Alan grabbed. Could be getting it mixed up.
It wasn't crowded because it had already gibbed the captain and a couple other people, also if it wasn't crowded how did 5 people die?
Stickymayhem wrote:I was actually lenient based on the fact that players should generally get the benefit of the doubt in an admin event with mechanics they wouldn't reasonably be expected to be aware of. Using an item like that without full knowledge of the consequences could have been passed off as an honest mistake.
Which is why you should be banned, how dare you kill people with a singularity you monster! you had full knowledge the captain was standing right next to it! Seriously if you didn't think a singularity in escape would kill people you obviously don't know how this game works.
Stickymayhem wrote: The round involved a trader selling extremely dangerous items. As the round progressed these got more and more dangerous to the station. The Captain ran towards the book as it was used and accidentally threw themselves in. The only real upset caused by the event was this instance of the security officer tossing people into the singularity, which was then fed by the bodies and drifted from it's initial relatively safe position.

I didn't make myself quite clear in the adminhelps as it was fairly late and I do apologize for that, but the vast majority involved in the round enjoyed the actual event.
Relatively safe, in escape, right before the shuttle arrived.

Me in my ignorace seeing an admin spawning a singularity in escape that killed people without my help, I assumed that nobody would give a shit if it killed more people with my "help".
peoplearestrange wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote: So was it never intended to be used? Didn't a guy just get banned for using a singulo as a means to suicide bomb their attacker?
No sorry, I think you misunderstand what I meant. Of course it was meant to be used, not nessicarily by the officer, and of course even if he did and accidentally killed people, IMO that would have been ok. But other than providing the book by knowledge of the events above are limited so I shall stand back from this.
So you sold me a singularity book to give to someone else to kill people with?
Why couldn't I have used it? Everyone else got shit like eswords, wand belts, ect. I asked for a spell book and in truth I was kind of disappointed with what I got, you can't do anything fun with a singularity, I expected something like a smoke book or magic missile.

It's like if an admin had a wand belt and started killing people with it, then gave it to me. I don't see why stickymayhem is allowed to spawn a singularity in escape and kill people, but if I throw people into it, it becomes an issue.

You can't say this shit was an accident, you're either extremely stupid and didn't know that a singularity in escape would kill people, or you can say you hosted an event and spawned a singularity in escape to kill people, which is goon tier admining. The singularity was spawned for me, and was given to me by the pawn broker (which again, if you didn't expect me to kill people with an object that has no utilitarian use other than to spawn a fucking singularity, you're an idiot.) If you didn't want a singularity to kill people, you shouldn't have sold me a book that spawns one, and you shouldn't have spawned one in escape. You would think that two people basically begging you to kill people with a singularity wouldn't try to ban you for killing people with said singularity, even right after they killed the captain himself with it.

I shouldn't be the one to play gatekeeper to your shenanigans, it's autistic that I even have to question myself if it's alright to kill people after two admins basically gave me the right of way.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #45870

I had nothing to do with the event, so I have no clue where you're getting this whole "2 admins thing". You know exactly what you did was wrong and shitty, you stunned me and my friend, chucked us both into the singularity as a NON ANTAGONIST SECURITY OFFICER. All simply because you wanted to get some shit started, all for the incredibly selfish want to kill someone or make the singularity larger so it could kill more people. I can only imagine how pissed off you would be had I chucked you into the singularity.
Spoiler:
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #45873

Skorvold wrote:I had nothing to do with the event, so I have no clue where you're getting this whole "2 admins thing". You know exactly what you did was wrong and shitty, you stunned me and my friend, chucked us both into the singularity as a NON ANTAGONIST SECURITY OFFICER. All simply because you wanted to get some shit started, all for the incredibly selfish want to kill someone or make the singularity larger so it could kill more people. I can only imagine how pissed off you would be had I chucked you into the singularity.
Talking about the pawn broker.

Also, by accusing me of being shit you are also accusing stickymayhem of being shit. If I, as a security officer, am under the scrutiny of a higher power, you would assume that someone with the ability to spawn a singularity would be under more scrutiny. By that measurement what I did was totally fine.

Every single word in your post is true, but I was using an admin as a yardstick for my actions, and it seems to me that he did the same thing as me.

I don't understand why you direct the blame for this at me, sure I had a part in it but it was all within reason, to me it looked like the admins didn't give a shit if I killed people, as evidenced by spawning a fucking singularity and killing people with it.

so yes, you can blame me for killing you, but the same amount of responsibility goes to the people that enabled and encouraged this shit.
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #45895

Seriously I'm so done with this circlejerk shit, the person who just posted has the same amount of involvement as aurx, quartz, and thatslyfox. The only reason you removed his post is because he agreed with me.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #45902

Make an admin compliant regarding StickyMayhem. Aurx and Quartz are all administration and may take part in any thread in this subforum. Thatslyfox is a witness.
Spoiler:
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #45921

Skorvold wrote:Make an admin compliant regarding StickyMayhem. Aurx and Quartz are all administration and may take part in any thread in this subforum. Thatslyfox is a witness.
that guy said he was there too

also fuck making a thread on sticky, I don't give a shit about some vendetta, I want to be unbanned.

EDIT: looks like the admin complaint topic was locked, so it wouldn't matter anyways. Either way nothing would change, admins are treated like fourth graders and are held to absolutely no responsibility.

This thread is a perfect example of that, if an admin kills a person with a sing "ITS AN EVENT OK!!?!?!", but if I kill a person with a singularity I get banned and have to baptize myself in the sperg admin community further to play the game again, also I have to wait out sticky's shitty little filibuster routine and hope I get a reply and an unban.
MrGlasses

Post by MrGlasses » #46184

Admin was reprimanded for their actions, as were you.

Stunning people to toss them into a singularity, admin spawned or not, is a shitty thing to do.

In the meantime, there are other servers to play on.