[ausops] istoprocent - mirrored chemist ban from 2016

Appeals which have been closed.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

[ausops] istoprocent - mirrored chemist ban from 2016

Post by Istoprocent1 » #462752

Byond account and character name: istoprocent (N/A)
Banning admin: Ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Jobban - Chemist
Ban reason and length: Permanent - Original note from Ausops: Public hallway lube nades are an IC issue to him.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016?
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Probably Bagil
Your side of the story: Its hard to recall something that happened 2 years ago, but it probably was in the lines of being a chemist and throwing a few lube grenades down the hallway. Nobody got injured or put out of the round.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Rule 0 - Chemist Permaban. Don't know if there is anything more to say as I was subjected to admin's discretion and admin's can make a mistake or have a bad day as well. Would I lube the hallways again? Probably not as my approach to the game has changed from tiding to actually playing the game as intended.

I do wish for the note to be removed as well, since its more than unreasonable.

Edit: This ban (BanID #36353) was applied by Subject217 on 2018-12-17 04:31:56 during round ID 98743. - This is a permanent ban. For when it got mirrored.

In before ban evasion!!! In reality I just got a new ckey, because I matured and going by some edgy meme name wasn't the way I wanted to go, also I forgot the password and email to it.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [ausops] istoprocent - mirrored chemist ban from 2016

Post by Arianya » #463012

In what way is the note attached to the ban unreasonable, if I may ask?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #463016

If the ban is unjust (rule 0 permaban for minor tiding, i probably could have made a complaint in 2016 but i refrained from it), then the note attached to it shouldn't exist, regardless whether anybody thinks that lubing hallways is an IC issue or not. I am sure you have a reason to keep it as you have already expressed your bias towards protecting admins and their decisions, even if they are incorrect.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #463037

I suggest you read this thread. https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13422

It explains our rules on the removal of notes.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #463048

Doesn't fit any of the rules and I do think that its IC issue, keep the notes.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #463049

The ban isn't unjust. We enforce things differently now, but that doesn't mean that, at the time, you weren't breaking the rules. Also, your ban from chemist is not a "rule 0 chemist permaban." It's just a permaban from chemist. Your server ban was a rule 0, but that's separate. We rarely cite rules with our bans, and in this case (your chemist jobban) there was not a rule cited.
Unless the note is inaccurate as to what the situation was like, it's not getting removed. It's also pretty funny how you still think it's an IC issue after being banned from the role for 2 years, it makes me wonder if you've learned anything.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #463051

Nervere wrote:The ban isn't unjust. We enforce things differently now, but that doesn't mean that, at the time, you weren't breaking the rules. Also, your ban from chemist is not a "rule 0 chemist permaban." It's just a permaban from chemist. Your server ban was a rule 0, but that's separate. We rarely cite rules with our bans, and in this case (your chemist jobban) there was not a rule cited.
Unless the note is inaccurate as to what the situation was like, it's not getting removed. It's also pretty funny how you still think it's an IC issue after being banned from the role for 2 years, it makes me wonder if you've learned anything.
I think most of the things that do not put players out of the rounds for extended periods of time are an IC issue, but thats just personal opinion. I get it that its heading towards adminteam vs a player territory, because I dared to call out incorrect actions of an admin. Whether I have learned anything or not should reflect me playing on the servers without any major hichups for a year. This includes playing non-stop for the past month or two.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #463055

Your ban is two years old and aside from your recent notes about OOC in IC, you don't seem to have any problems with the rules.
I'm going to lift this ban on that basis, but you should know that your attitude that admins are all in cahoots to "get" the players is complete and utter shit, and doesn't do you any favors in appeals.