[saegrimr] ShellahFellah - Metagaming Permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
Shellah Fellah
Byond Username: ShellahFellah

[saegrimr] ShellahFellah - Metagaming Permaban

Post by Shellah Fellah » #462757

Post Content: My Ban Appeal for a metagaming ban that occurred a little bit over two years ago. This ban occurred on 2016/11/04.
Byond account and character name: ShellahFellah as "Aubrey Hughes"
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): TG Server Ban
Ban reason and length: Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): I was banned around 9:00 pm on 4/11/2016 with GMT/UTC +10H
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): At the time of being banned I don't think there was any Sybil or Bagil server. This wasn't a section in my old ban appeal.
Your side of the story: I was metagamming with a few friends as I learnt the game. All of my friends and I who were involved were banned, I am the only person making a ban appeal as I was the only person offered this by saegrimr. I believe this was because I was the only person who was honest about metagaming.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban was placed on two years ago, saegrimr told me that I could send in an appeal the next years christmas. I've played a lot more of Space Station 13 on different servers and I now fully understand the effects of metagaming and why the rules are in place. I have had multiple rounds been ruined by metagamers that were later banned. I am sorry that I disregarded these rules and I will not make the same mistakes again.

Edit: It's come to my attention that one of the people I was banned for metacomming with did appeal and got their ban lifted in 2017. My mistake. Please take this into account.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: [saegrimr] ShellahFellah - Metagaming Permaban

Post by Nervere » #462774

It has been two years since your ban, you seem to understand what you did wrong, and you have no prior history aside from this. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Ban lifted, be good.