[blessedheretic] Jad_Saxton - I deserve ban housemate doesnt

Appeals which have been closed.
Jad_Saxton

[blessedheretic] Jad_Saxton - I deserve ban housemate doesnt

Post by Jad_Saxton » #46144

Byond account and character name: Jad_Saxton - Miles Saxton
Banning admin: blessedheretic
Ban reason and length: 10080
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12:45AM, GMT +10 (or something, Melbourne Victoria Australia)
Your side of the story: I accidentally set off a polyacid grenade trying to move it to my backpack. I think my ban is somewhat deserved because that's a pretty big fuck up, but my housemate got banned because he shares the same IP. His username is EElsy, and his in game name is Rictar Lethlin
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't mind waiting a week to not play, I don't enjoy the game that much - I was just learning; hence the mistake. I do however care that my housemate got banned. I'll take a permaban myself if it means he can play. I don't care. I just don't think it's fair, he seems to be a pretty active member of the community.
MrGlasses

Re: [blessedheretic] Jad_Saxton - I deserve ban housemate do

Post by MrGlasses » #46323

Any way to prove that you're not actually your housemate?
EElsy

Post by EElsy » #46353

I'm the housemate in question.
Are there player logs? my byond name is eelsy and you'll see us playing concurrently a lot. Last night being an exmaple, I was playing at the same time and in the same round he was banned.
What would be considered valid proof? I could take a photo of our setup to prove that we're in the same place/are different people if that helps
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #46358

I can sort of vouch for these two, as i've seen them playing together on the same IP. That's all I can really input on that situation though.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
EElsy

Post by EElsy » #46383

I'd really like to resolve this soon, I played on Baystation today and almost fell asleep.
Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #46396

Wah, guess i'll just lift the ban. To suffer Bay station is punishment enough.