Appeals which have been closed.
valid-dinkleNH
Byond Username: DinkleNH

[Nervere] DinkleNH - OOC in IC

Post by valid-dinkleNH » #463937

Byond account and character name: DinkleNH, Nick Johnson
Banning admin: Nervere
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Timed ban
Ban reason and length: 15 Minutes "OOC in IC. Not your first run-in with this rule."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1:46 PM, 12/21/18 Western Standard Time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Said the words "Of which miner is a antag?" over supply channel, apparently antag is a no no word
Why you think you should be unbanned: There are multiple uses of the word antag on near every map in the form of Objects "Antag token, 4no Raisins etc" Posters of which I dont know the name of, and people generally using the word antag in previous rounds. I dont really want the ban to be lifted, I just want to say that this was a dumb reason to be banned for, cause it was part of a albiet unfunny joke about miners not always being the most trustworthy of nanotrasen employees. Round ID was 98999.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: [Nervere] DinkleNH - OOC in IC

Post by Nervere » #463939

Round is not over yet. I'm tired of these mid-round appeals, they are not allowed.
(edit for context): Appeal was put in FNR trash until round over, thread is now back.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #463966

Round is over now.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #463976

The ban for OOC in IC is because yes, antag/antagonist is an OOC term. It refers to the status that someone can have of "antagonist", which is an OOC reference to a function of the game.
Yes, there are references to this in-game, but items that break the fourth wall are part of the nature of SS13. You've done a good job of naming them yourself - antag tokens, 4no. raisins, etc.
The existence of these items, however, does not make it acceptable to break the IC/OOC barrier yourself. If the existence of such items were an excuse to break this rule, then there had might as well be no rule 3 at all.
That being said, this is something we've always enforced, more harshly recently as the violations for IC in OOC/OOC in IC have ramped up.
This isn't a ban appeal - you said it yourself - so I'm going to close this now. I hope this explains the reasoning behind the ban, in the least.