Appeals which have been closed.
MaterialisticThings
Byond Username: MaterialisticThings

[Zoozele] MaterialisticThings - 3 Day Ban

Post by MaterialisticThings » #464166

Byond account and character name: MaterialisticThings - Eugene Yackle

Banning admin: Zoolele

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server Ban

Ban reason and length: "Killed an atmos tech for seemingly no reason and disconnected when I PM'd them about it" 3 Days

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-12-22 12:18:02

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: Atmos tech broke into Captains Office and was wielding a fire axe, I chased them down and flashed them and didn't have cuffs, so I hit them that way they couldn't get back up, as I tried to drag them I continued to hit them because of the stupid harm syndrome the Wizard gave me. Once arrived to medbay they died in a sleeper and when I tried to revive them I could not for some reason. I took them to cloning and they could not be cloned as they had no soul.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was seriously an accident, I had no cuffs, so I did the only thing I could at the time, I then proceeded to go above and beyond to bring them back to life, but it was too late. The harm syndrome caused me to kill them and I didn't want to kill them at all. I never received a PM and if I did I was away at the time and he never bothered to PM me again during the large time frame there was before I disconnected.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [Zoozele] MaterialisticThings - 3 Day Ban

Post by MortoSasye » #464167

Relevant logs (obtained from: https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/basil/ ... 4/game.log)

[2018-12-22 12:04:44.043] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Zoozele/(Gristle McThornbody)->MaterialisticThings/(Eugene Yackle): Hey, do you have a minute?
[2018-12-22 12:05:48.732] ACCESS: Logout: MaterialisticThings/(Eugene Yackle)

You disconnected a minute after being pm'ed by the admin, and didn't log in again.

Before the ban was applied, you had plenty of time to come back and explain, but you didn't do so:

[2018-12-22 12:18:02.967] ADMINPRIVATE: Zoozele/(Gristle McThornbody) has created a temporary 3 days server ban for MaterialisticThings.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
MaterialisticThings

Post by MaterialisticThings » #464173

Well I didn't realize I was PM'd that was definitely my fault. I must've walked off then came back and logged out.
Zoozle
Byond Username: Zoozele

Post by Zoozle » #464177

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to write an appeal.

From what I found out, the atmos tech came to you, asking for all access so that they could bomb lavaland. When you denied the request, they instead requested all access from the captain, the captain approved, and gave them the spare.

With your side of the story, it's apparent now that this wasn't a random kill, but more of a misunderstanding. You chased them down and killed them, thinking that they broke into the cap's office and stole the spare. You did attempt to revive them, but failed due to circumstances outside of your control.

I'm willing to lower the ban to 24 hours to reflect that, but in the future, please exercise caution before using lethal force, as this situation could have been avoided by simply asking the captain why the atmos tech was in his office.
MaterialisticThings

Post by MaterialisticThings » #464179

Thank you I appreciate it a lot!
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #464329

Seems resolved, I’m going to lock this topic now because the spambots love it for some reason.