[DaxYeen] AcapitalA - Murder of a sec officer.

Appeals which have been closed.
AcapitalA

[DaxYeen] AcapitalA - Murder of a sec officer.

Post by AcapitalA » #465867

Username: AcapitalA - Stan Bright
Admin: DaxYeen
Reason: killed a security officer because "'he might kill him' while raiding the armory" [One Day]
Date: 18-12-30 21:37:55 (+1 GMT)
Server: Terry

My side: Alright, imagine this. You're just a roboticist who's trying to help people get implants and help around from time to time. Suddenly while you're operating, a sec officer flashbangs the entire robotics lab and drags someone away who's screaming "HELP". The crew is basically calling for their lynching because they pulled a harmless prank you were somewhat involved with. So, with some guilt in you, you jump in your mech and try to save them. When you arrive at the brig you hear him screaming he's being killed. Suddenly the sec officer who drug them off steps out of sec with an ion gun and tries to flashbang you. You're already dealing with someone needing surgery but the drapes got robbed, already dealing with helping someone who's about to get killed and you're in a slow ass mech right in front of an angry sec officer with an ion rifle. You figure he's gonna be somewhat robust because he knows of ways to damage mechs so you tase him. After quickly thinking he might try to get the rifle again to stop you, you decide to shoot him until he dies and decide to clone him later. Turns out the person you were trying to rescue died, so you head back to robotics to complete the surgery, fix your mech and alert medical to the 2 corpses that need cloning. Some MD is waiting at the brig because firelocks and tell them of the 2 bodies that need cloning. Suddenly, xenos. The captain wants you to eradicate the threat while you're worrying about the surgery, your mech, 2 dead guys and a xeno infestation. When you try to do the operation without drapes you get bwoinked by an admin. He asks you why you killed the sec officer, so you say he might have killed you because of the ion rifle and all. When you're trying to get your shit together with the surgery, xenos, mech, corpses and talking to an admin, he asks why. You tell him it was a do-or-die situation because you really got your hands full. Suddenly, you get banned because "you raided the armory" in addition to killing a sec officer.

Why unban: First of all, I didn't raid the armory. Why in the world would I want a gun while I got a custom tooled death mech capable of leveling the entire station by a tenfold? Also, I kinda agree killing him was a bit over-the-top but then again, I was dealing with security possibly murdering someone, an operation where equipment got stolen, possible xenos and a slight sense of guilt. I didnt have the time to talk it all out and figured he could still be cloned, even warned the captain to keep his cloned body away from me because I don't want to get murdered for... that. Also, I got banned the moment it said "I robbed the armory", so I figured I'd set that one straight too.

Even if I don't get unbanned for whatever reason that might be, at least I told my side about this thing.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [DaxYeen] AcapitalA - Murder of a sec officer.

Post by Dax Dupont » #465878

I might've misunderstood where the ion rifle came from but you still killed a man because 'he might kill you'. You don't just go straight for killing. Especially when he did no action towards you except flashbang you.

As funny as it seemed to you, mass converting people into lizards is griefing and the officer was right to arrest him. I'll edit the raided the armory part but the rest still stands.

I feel it kinda makes the situation worse since you didn't even have reasonable grounds for thinking he would kill you in my opinion.
AcapitalA

Post by AcapitalA » #465959

The fact that he had an ion rifle and was trying to stop me -possibly letting someone die on the operation table along with the xenos gaining WAY more relative power- didn't leave me much of a choice considering the station as a whole. Also, sec is known to execute people on the spot and all thing considered, I really don't like taking chances. I even asked medical to clone him multiple times since I didn't want to take him out of the round either.

By the way, I'm sure the officer did more than arrest him, considering they were dead on the floor next to perma when I was searching sec for them.

At least we got the armory thing solved, so there's that.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #467151

I edited the ban but the note didn't get edited, my apologies for this I made an assumption that it would.

I rectified it so both read the same.

The rest of your appeal is still denied and we're waiting for headmin input to see if they feel differently about the situation.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #467156

The Rules wrote:Exceptions: Security is expected not to retaliate with random abuse or violence unless the person in question is otherwise eligible for execution. You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons.
Looks resolved to me.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg