[MortoSasye] That REALLY Good Soda Flavor - Note appeal!

Appeals which have been closed.
Soda_Flavor
Byond Username: That REALLY Good Soda Flavor

[MortoSasye] That REALLY Good Soda Flavor - Note appeal!

Post by Soda_Flavor » #466835

Byond account and character name: That REALLY Good Soda Flavor - ''Reginald Mortimer Wilson''
Banning admin: MortoSasye
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note
Ban reason and length: Note contents - [Informed to change for next round his full name ''Reginald Mortimer Wilson'' to only a first and last name.]
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-12-27 05:26:30 No idea what timezone
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Regular round, I think my name got noticed because I said something in the radio.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I've gotten in trouble for "unacceptable" names in the past, so this puts me in extra danger for an appearance ban. Otherwise, I wouldn't really care about the note. The rules don't specify anything that should prohibit my character from having a middle name. In fact, the rules specify that "a firstname lastname minimum is required for humans and felinids." Saying that firstname lastname is the minimum implies that something more than that should be acceptable, and we all know that three names is more than two.
I got input from another admin who seems to agree with my opinion:
If the rules change to disallow a middle name, that's fine, but I don't think it's just to warn someone for something that isn't specified in the rules.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: [MortoSasye] That REALLY Good Soda Flavor - Note appeal!

Post by Malkraz » #466857

Changes to Naming Policy were posted in the Town Hall and Discord server, but the wiki page unsurprisingly hasn't been updated.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #467152

I would like to state that while nicknames are banned we don't have a ruling on middle names.

I'd argue that a single nickname is fine as long it's not an excessively long name.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #467159

Alright, after asking about middle names i got confirmation that they're ok but should be handled on a case by case basis.

Since your name isn't bad or a dumb one i will remove this note. Thanks for appealing and sorry about the delay!
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: