[Coiax] Mashallah - perma ban for "anti-semitism"

Appeals which have been closed.
Mashallah
Byond Username: Mashallah

[Coiax] Mashallah - perma ban for "anti-semitism"

Post by Mashallah » #468644

Byond account and character name: Mashallah (appearance banned)
Banning admin: Coiax
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason and length: After very specific warnings to cut the Neo-Nazi stuff out, proceeded to announce anti-Semitic stuff on captain announces, then proceeded to double down on the Antisemitism over admin PMs. Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1/12/19 10:06:20 EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I said anti-Semitic and Nazi things.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think that I should be unbanned because why should I not be able to say anti-Semitic things. There are no rules against it. This is like saying that the anime people can't larp about their anime stuff in the game. Most of the things that I was saying you would not even know what it was unless if you looked it up. Me saying things does not hurt anyone so I do not think that I should be banned for it. It will first be you can't say certain things and then the server will end up like some of those servers were you can't call furies gay without being banned.
coiax
Byond Username: Coiax

Re: [Coiax] Mashallah - perma ban for "anti-semitism"

Post by coiax » #468650

Admin link: https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/basil/ ... 8/game.log

Barring some connection/disconnections, and your mob asphyxiating after your ban, here are ALL of the mentions of your ckey in the game.log for the round.

Code: Select all

[2019-01-12 08:04:30.971] Starting up round ID 100128.
[2019-01-12 09:50:50.490] GAME: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy) Client Mashallah/(Diego Draudy) has taken ownership of mob (/mob/living/carbon/human) (start area (8, 174, 1))
[2019-01-12 09:56:25.722] SAY: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy) (priority announcement) "jews = not human" (Bridge (151, 140, 2))
[2019-01-12 09:56:34.890] ADMIN: Zoozele/(Gristle McThornbody) checked the individual player panel for Mashallah/(Diego Draudy).
[2019-01-12 09:57:02.288] ADMIN: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry) checked the individual player panel for Mashallah/(Diego Draudy).
[2019-01-12 09:58:50.484] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry)->Mashallah/(Diego Draudy): Hi, you've recieved multiple very extreme warnings to "cut out the neo-nazi stuff".
[2019-01-12 09:59:00.295] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)->Coiax/(Braxton Cherry): oy vey
[2019-01-12 09:59:38.733] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry)->Mashallah/(Diego Draudy): You've previously agreed to do so, and yet you've been, as a non-antagonist, just announcing anti-semetic captain announcements.
[2019-01-12 10:00:06.252] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)->Coiax/(Braxton Cherry): what is wrong with "anti-semitism"
[2019-01-12 10:00:39.080] EMOTE: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy) remove kebab (Fore Primary Hallway (151, 153, 2))
[2019-01-12 10:00:46.986] SAY: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy) "remove kebab" (Fore Primary Hallway (151, 153, 2))
[2019-01-12 10:01:51.491] SAY: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy) "wassuh" (Port Maintenance (114, 117, 2))
[2019-01-12 10:02:00.271] ADMIN: Zoozele/(Gristle McThornbody) checked the individual player panel for Mashallah/(Diego Draudy).
[2019-01-12 10:02:04.929] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry)->Mashallah/(Diego Draudy): Sir, that is not a defence or justification.
[2019-01-12 10:02:23.114] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)->Coiax/(Braxton Cherry): where the rule that says no anti semitism
[2019-01-12 10:02:45.133] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry)->Mashallah/(Diego Draudy): You've been warned by admins to cut it out, ignoring what the admins tell you to do is against the rules.
[2019-01-12 10:03:21.583] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)->Coiax/(Braxton Cherry): seems the admins are jews
[2019-01-12 10:03:42.854] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)->Coiax/(Braxton Cherry): admins need a day of the rope
[2019-01-12 10:04:38.338] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry)->Mashallah/(Diego Draudy): I was going to apply a week ban, but your lack of remorse and baiting indicate that you're not taking this seriously.
[2019-01-12 10:05:08.016] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)->Coiax/(Braxton Cherry): you think i am joking saying that jews are not human
[2019-01-12 10:05:52.147] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)->Coiax/(Braxton Cherry): The Jew is not a human being.
[2019-01-12 10:06:11.349] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)->Coiax/(Braxton Cherry): It is a vile, disgusting, and worthless parasite and a scourge on the glorious civilization that the white man built.
[2019-01-12 10:06:20.175] ADMINPRIVATE: Coiax/(Braxton Cherry) has created a permanent server ban for Mashallah. Reason: After multiple very specific warnings to cut out the neo-nazi stuff out, proceeded to announce anti-semetic stuff on captain announces, then proceeded to double down on the anti-semetism over admin PMs.
[2019-01-12 10:06:20.290] ACCESS: Logout: Mashallah/(Diego Draudy)
coiax
Byond Username: Coiax

Post by coiax » #468654

I'm denying this appeal. Your notes are an endless list of warnings and bans for this stuff, and I don't think you've gotten the message that it's not acceptable.

I'll not be engaging with this appeal further unless headmins require me to.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #468655

Relevant policy discussion with headmin ruling
Nervere wrote:We have no interest in censoring the right to expression of others.
Other servers that have rules that restrict IC bigotry may better suit your interest, but this will never happen on /tg/.
e: Removed non-peanut policy relevant content - Arianya
Mashallah

Post by Mashallah » #468656

Oh, by the way, a lot of my notes are for saying racist things or having an esoteric name that you would have to google.
Enzar
Byond Username: Enzarel

Post by Enzar » #468658

I would like to point out that both light anti-semitism (naming yourself Adolf Hitler and looking for jews to cook(at least before the new naming policy, this was punishable with a chrono legion, not a ban)), casual racism (naming yourself Nigerius Watermelon - slightly annoying, but ultimately allowed), and station announcement memery (captain is a comdom and didn't log out of the console) were always allowed as far as i'm aware, as long as it didn't turn into or accompany spam or grief.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #468663

All notes relevant to this case:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
As a side note i want to add something. While we obviously are not the tone police and we don't really ban for it, if someone constantly acts like Mashallah did both in game and out, gets told to stop from the severity and quantity of times in which he was doing it and instead of being understanding when explained about it, he makes it clear is not a joke for him and reinforces his toxicity with more antisemitic remarks on ahelps then they deserve to be rule 0 banned.

While we shouldn't punish someone for their personal believes, or their character personal negative quirks, when it becomes something you do every single time both in-game and out you're just starting to become a toxic player on the community. As you may understand, toxic players are not desired most of the time on a community.

Edit: I also want to add, if you just use this game for advertising this and don't contribute anything positive either it makes the issue even worse.
Last edited by MortoSasye on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Mashallah

Post by Mashallah » #468672

It seems that my opinions have hurt some of the admin's feelings for them to say "fuck off Nazi". As for the "when it becomes something you do every single time both in-game and out", I only "Nazi" post occasionally on the server and most of the time I am just a normal player. It is just that when the admins say "you can't say that, that's racist" my response to it is "n e v e r" and encourages me to do it more because I think that I should be able to do it. As an American, when someone says "you can't say that" my natural response is "blow it out your a**". Some of the admins take personal offense to what I do IC and so they must stop it.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #468678

Boy look at this egregious amount of peanutposting from both an admin and two different players which does not even tacitly follow Peanut Policy beyond Malkraz's first post!

Ban appeals is not for you to personally argue a ban. Post in line with the Peanut Policy at https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... &t=44#p284 or take it to somewhere better suited, like Policy Discussion or the NTR Hut.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Mashallah

Post by Mashallah » #468680

Also, the reason I "baited" in the admin PMs was because I did not think that there was a "conversation" to be had with them. I already knew what they were going to say so there was no point in any further "conversation" with them. Even if I attempted to have one, I do not think that they would have listened to what I said. They probably would have just replied with something like "fuck off".
Mashallah

Post by Mashallah » #468683

Also, saying things like "read siege" is actually a big meme on a lot of communities. The digg type of people that go on here would not be exposed it to. So, I would not consider saying "read siege" as " advertising" because how it is a big meme and no one usually takes it seriously because they know it is a big meme.
Mashallah

Post by Mashallah » #468695

I replied like that because of what I said earlier and I knew that this would just continue until I was eventually banned. I decided "Screw it I'll just get banned now". Now I have decided that I want to appeal my ban.
Booktower
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #468697

You've been warned about this multiple times now, it's a bit late to appeal this now. The headmin ruling Malkraz cited was in the context of saying "nigger" ingame. If you keep ignoring warnings by admins you will get harsh punishments.
Mashallah

Post by Mashallah » #468700

I'm not "peddling genocidal ideologies". I am saying memes about stuff in a game and becoming angry when the admins say that "your memes are too toxic for us fuck off Nazi"
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #468708

This is just peanut posting at this point I'm locking this. Both admins and players should take a good look at themselves and re-read the forum rules.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #469384

There are many things which done individually are in no way shape or form against the rules, but which become wearisome and even rule-breaking when they are your sole contribution to a given round time and again. There's nothing wrong with a joke here or there but literally every round your sole contribution to the round was shouting neo-nazi jokes on the radio, or trying to give the AI laws to the same effect, etc etc.

After we had the talk which is alluded to in the note MortoSasye posted, I occasionally checked up on you when you happened to be on the server at the same time as me. Where before our talk it had been an unceasing tide, your IC chatter was at that time perfunctory and minimal. Single word responses and no attempt to engage with anyone beyond what was required for what you needed at the very moment. This is generally a good indicator that someone hasn't been contributing much to the game experience of others with their "gimmick".

The fact that you started again with this stuff after a couple of weeks goes to show you don't really have any intent to change, and I don't think you're making the server a worse place for your absence. This appeal is denied.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg