[Ivanissaccs] RakuSenpai - Appeal for an unban.

Appeals which have been closed.
CancerSempai

[Ivanissaccs] RakuSenpai - Appeal for an unban.

Post by CancerSempai » #469803

Byond account and character name: RakuSenpai/Mrots Dnasedurad
Banning admin: Ivanissaccs
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Everything
Ban reason and length: Metacommunications - Perma
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-09-09 12:28 CEST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry (proof https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 6/game.txt)
Your side of the story: At the beginning I checked cameras in security and noticed that the lizard was dead in perma, then I saw that warden was not in his office so I went on patrol and during that I found that same lizard looting the dead warden in front of the vault so I decided he had to revive and was a changeling, I do not remember exactly what I did next but I think I grabbed the warden's body to clone him during which the ling followed me to medbay and killed me so after a while I decided, like many players do, to observe the guy who killed me to have at least something to do as a ghost and noticed that he was already back in the same place where he murdered the warden and was invisible, and HoS (which barely joined and had no part in this conflict) was approaching him to stun him, probably by moving his mouse and noticing his name in the lower left corner where it shows the tiles which you aimed at, and after that, I got banned with no warning, no messages, for "telling other players where the body is".
Why you think you should be unbanned: Even if I have a few complaints about how it all went down, I took some time to cool off and after thinking hard I think I learned my lesson and promise to never do anything like that ever again.
Thank you for reading this, have a nice day or night.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Re: [Ivanissaccs] RakuSenpai - Appeal for an unban.

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #470005

I'm going to post your previous appeal and that of the other party.

Your own.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=19520
The other participants.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=19519

Now I don't really remember too much of what cracked off this situation.
What I can remember however was I used admin powers to knock a player out with Chloral hydrate and observed the other guy when the first feel asleep.
The observed player immediately stopped heading to security and started running off towards the unconscious player before he woke up (Should have used more sedatives)
What really kicked it for me however was watching one of you run up to the invisible changeling, stun baton in hand from somewhere in the hallways to area just below the meta-station vault and beeline in to stun him while one party was observing him as a ghost.
During the initial appeal the defense was not we are not meta-communicating but rather that the ban shouldn't stand because "Trial-mins should not be able to conduct a metacomms sting"

I am open to having my mind changed on this but so far, I am far from convinced.
CancerSempai

Post by CancerSempai » #470023

"[...]after a while I decided, like many players do, to observe the guy who killed me to have at least something to do as a ghost and noticed that he was already back in the same place where he murdered the warden and was invisible, and HoS (which barely joined and had no part in this conflict) was approaching him to stun him, probably by moving his mouse and noticing his name in the lower left corner where it shows the tiles which you aimed at[...]"
The other guy (adfdxd I guess) was Warden, and Shiro Neko was HoS.

"During the initial appeal the defense was not we are not meta-communicating but rather that the ban shouldn't stand because "Trial-mins should not be able to conduct a metacomms sting" "
That was the first appeal where other admin reminded me that "Just for anyone reading this, this is wrong. Trialadmins can do almost anything normal game admins can. They're more like probationary admins than trial admins.", now im writing another appeal (more like unban appeal than "Hurr Trial-mins should not be able to conduct a metacomms sting Durr") after cooling down a bit.

I contacted that HoS, who can confirm my version of the story if needed.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #472013

You are right.

I have made one mistake in this ban.

The HOS who stunned the invisible changeling was not the other party banned.

However, having missed this while irritating from my perspective doesn't change my thought process.
Both yourself and the player in question have admitted being in contact outside the game and I do not believe for one minute that the HOS just so happened to ready his stun baton in the central primary hallway, move to primary tool storage and instantly home in on a cloaked individual to stun them.
CancerSempai

Post by CancerSempai » #472034

"Both yourself and the player in question have admitted being in contact outside the game..."
I never said anything about having contact with him, only that I know him from OOC, just like the other guy said "...I know rakusenpai from OOC we like to restart rounds ;)"

"...and I do not believe for one minute that the HOS just so happened to ready his stun baton in the central primary hallway, move to primary tool storage and instantly home in on a cloaked individual to stun them."

Did you already forget that the warden's items were still on the ground next to the Vault? You can not deny the fact that the HoS could have, for example, moved his mouse to check the items and saw the ling's name show in the lower left corner when it passed over him. HoS was aware that there was a changeling on the station.

P.S. Did you just assume that HoS should be banned too ?
I have logs from HoS from when you warned him about chasing the ling "Just in the interest of avoiding futher conflict", which made him feel threatened with getting banned if he continued.

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #472113

It's worth noting that I already had an suspicion that you guys were metagaming like a month before.

I feel like this is relevant to mention this, since there's more than one admin noticing potential and in this case, actual, metagaming.
Maksxpl
Byond Username: Maksxpl

Post by Maksxpl » #472189

Well, looks like it's a good time for me to appear.

It wasn't warden who stunned the ling, but me HoS, and I am not a part of this metacomming thing. I saw a guy talking with that invisible ling next to the vault which gave me information that I'm close to him, then I saw his name in this lower left bar after I moved my mouse by accident which revealed his position, after which, I applied stunbaton.

By the way, when you messaged me, saying that "Just in the interest of avoiding futher conflict, I'm going to let you know that the two people who started the conflict with Bares where infact banned for their conduct", I felt like you were threatening me with ban if I decided to stop him.
Maksxpl
Byond Username: Maksxpl

Post by Maksxpl » #472718

By the way, is it normal here to wait a whole week to get only one response? I saw Ivan Issaccs status turn online and even show that he was browsing the Ban Appeals forum yet here we are with one reply a week.
If this keeps on going like that then it will take literally forever and it also shows you in a bad way, like you are ignoring this appeal in my opinion.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #472883

Admins can take up to a week but it can be faster.

Headmins can jump in at any time if they think it takes too long.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #473098

Dax Dupont wrote:Admins can take up to a week but it can be faster.

Headmins can jump in at any time if they think it takes too long.
Don't lock ban appeals just because they've been sitting out for a while. If anything, that makes them even less likely to be looked at.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CancerSempai

Post by CancerSempai » #474215

Can Ivan please stop ignoring this appeal and respond? I see you browsing Ban Appeals occasionally and yet I don't see you responding in any way...
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #474315

CancerSempai wrote:Can Ivan please stop ignoring this appeal and respond? I see you browsing Ban Appeals occasionally and yet I don't see you responding in any way...
This appeal has brought attention to some issues with the investigation I missed before hand and I've been unsettled as to how to advance on them non of which help you case.
I do not believe there were not metacomms involved, people dont go running towards ko'ed buddies and chasing invisible antags so blatently otherwise.
Appeal denied.