[themidnightrose]Deitus - plasma flood as ai

Post by Deitus » #471404

Byond account and character name: Deitus
Banning admin: the midnight rose
Ban type (What are you banned from?): ai roles
Ban reason and length: 2 weeks
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1/15 1:20:22
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil
Your side of the story: i got purged and then had a law saying "dab on the ops," so to do so i flooded the station with plasma, which is a pretty good way to dab on them.
Why you think you should be unbanned: from past experience on both the giving and receiving end, vague laws have been able to be interpreted as the ai sees fit, and this was such a situation
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: [themidnightrose]Deitus - plasma flood as ai

Post by Deitus » #471432

appeal rescinded as admins are closing appeals without consideration
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #471454

Just going to say that this is DENIED due to you flooding the station with plasma at least 10 minutes before the ops could head to the station, side note, this was announced WAROPS. Then when asked about it in ahelps, you pretended like this was nothing wrong at all as the crew died. You didn't kill a single operative with this stunt and I was being nice when I only gave a two week ban from all silicon roles.
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #471467

TheMidnghtRose wrote:Just going to say that this is DENIED due to you flooding the station with plasma at least 10 minutes before the ops could head to the station, side note, this was announced WAROPS. Then when asked about it in ahelps, you pretended like this was nothing wrong at all as the crew died. You didn't kill a single operative with this stunt and I was being nice when I only gave a two week ban from all silicon roles.
hello,
small note before closure: i did not pretend like this was nothing wrong, i fully stated and stand by the fact that nothing was done wrong. thank you for your time in replying.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #471627

Unless you're an antag an AI still has to follow server rules and escalation. The law "dab on the ops" means to physically dab which you aren't capable of doing. In that case the law means nothing and you have essentially free will. You could only plasma flood the station in a circumstance where a non antag crewman could(essentially never), or if the entire station was trying to kill you and you needed that for self defense.

I get purged as AI a lot and I've yet to encounter a situation where I think I'd be justified in genociding the station.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #473459

This is resolved then.
Headmins won't be overturning the ruling.