Appeals which have been closed.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

[spyroshark]Deitus-note appeal/ban for opening doors

Post by Deitus » #471406

Byond account and character name: Deitus
Banning admin: spyroshark
Ban type (What are you banned from?): ai roles
Ban reason and length: 2 weeks, opened door to supermatter while in a clown car due to multiple law 2 requests
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12/13 22:42
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil
Your side of the story: from my experience future harm doesnt matter in accordance to following ai laws, which is what i applied to the situation
Why you think you should be unbanned: similar situation for an ai to be law 2'd to open the armory during war ops imo, of course there's going to be harm but law 2 forces you to oblige since you can't guarantee future harm
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Re: [spyroshark]Deitus-note appeal/ban for opening doors

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #471462

The contents of the SM chamber can be assuredly assumed to be harmful to anyone entering without proper protection, this includes (ESPECIALLY SO) a clown car full of humans who are being taken inside it against their will. Contact with the SM also causes harm, and anything touching the SM will cause harm to anyone nearby. Letting someone into the SM with other people in tow all but guarantees someone is going to be harmed and as a cyborg you should obviously know better.

the title for this thread is also intellectually dishonest.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #471470

greetings,
before closure, i would encourage posters not involved with the case to please read the original post before posting content that has already been discussed, and on an off-topic observation from myself, find it amusing that yakumo of all people are attempting to call others intellectually dishonest. thank you for your reply.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #471620

Opening a door to an immediately hostile environment is causing immediate harm. Even if they don't run into the SM it's still full of radiation, so allowing people without rad suits in is harmful.

Allowing someone into a room with a plasma tank is fine unless you have reason to think they're going to cause harm with it(like an assistant who's been fucking around). That plasma tank is possible future harm, not immediate.

Allowing someone into a room with a plasma fire if they don't have fireproof gear is enabling immediate harm.
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #471738

this is perhaps the stupidest note appeal i've ever seen

anyway onto the serious part, deitus don't pretend like you thought this was ok - any AI with a functioning positronic brain could figure out that this was going to be harmful
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #471742

lmwevil wrote:this is perhaps the stupidest note appeal i've ever seen

anyway onto the serious part, deitus don't pretend like you thought this was ok - any AI with a functioning positronic brain could figure out that this was going to be harmful
considering this was ok due to asiimov and future harm i'd say im not pretending, but that wont change people's minds or make them interpret assimov correctly. why is this even still open? the appeal was denied ages ago
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Post by Gouty » #472036

I remember this incident. I am surprised that this was only a note seeing as it killed a lot of people.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #472078

Voluntary harm is not considered harm. If there were no law 2 requests countermanding orders to open the door, and enough time was given for people to object, Deitus did nothing wrong.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #472079

ohnopigeons wrote:Voluntary harm is not considered harm. If there were no law 2 requests countermanding orders to open the door, and enough time was given for people to object, Deitus did nothing wrong.
silence is not consent
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #472081

It can be but it is completely conditional on good faith allowance of non-consent.
Booktower
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #472352

If this was on delta I remember the incident, I believe you were asked not to open the doors, though I'd need to check logs to verify this.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #472366

If I remember this incident the only reason there was even time for a countermand was because the AI (who might have been me, I have forgotten) was spam-bolting the doors to the SM repeatedly (And he was opening many of the doors from engineering to the SM without commands from humans and ignoring AI instructions to stop)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #473463

Spyroshark seems to be mia, so im going to deny this.

Its pretty obvious the clown intended to harm his "passengers" by driving the car into the sm. By assisting in that you are breaking law 1, which overrules the law 2 request.