[Ivanissaccs] Naloac - Metacomms

Post by Naloac » #472756

Byond account and character name: Naloac, Lepi Mewtera
Banning admin: Ivanissaccs
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban, all servers
Ban reason and length: Reason: Metacomms group with Mooshimi and KittenPlays
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 4:55 PM EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry
Your side of the story: So we have a group chat on discord where we talk about things mostly outside of the game, such as what we are doing for the day or how a certain area works like toxins. We also talk about previous rounds or something that is not critical to the round like OOC jokes, or what roles we are going for in the next shift. We dont talk about antag status or if one of us is dead. Mooshimi wrote a message to Ivan which I found out later was a meta comm message, meant to be addressed to me. Im assuming it was something about a traitor for that round. I at the time didnt realize, because I keep discord muted while playing the majority of the time. This kind of behavior happened because we where lax in OOC jokes and it eventually ended in a way that karma got us. We have all agreed to not use discord again at any point when we are in a round. I personally am seriously sorry for it happening. I apologize for not following the rules.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Re: [Ivanissaccs] Naloac - Metacomms

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #473399

Right.
Ive had some time to think on this.
What you did is shitty and dealt with harshly.
There is no non critical amount of metacomms. Any amount is terrible as it devolves into further compromising of the rounds you are playing.
I'm going to set the ban length at one month. Note that this is relatively short and based on you and Mooshimi in the past having not been overt shitters and helping me catch the odd issue on Terry.
You should note that it also means the admin team are going to be breathing down your neck on any issues of metafriending or suspected metacomms.
When you return, do not fuck up and make me regret it as any more issues on this will be dealt with all sympathy being spent.