[Atlanta-ned] Isy232 - Plasma firing the shuttle as a purged silicon.

Appeals which have been closed.
Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

[Atlanta-ned] Isy232 - Plasma firing the shuttle as a purged silicon.

Post by Isy232 » #475287

Byond account and character name: Isy232, Default Engineering Cyborg (Some numbers I don't remember)

Banning admin: Atlanta-ned

Ban type (What are you banned from?): All servers I believe.

Ban ID, Round ID: Ban ID: 337137, Round ID 101499

Ban reason and length: "As a purged silicon, opened a plasma canister on the escape shuttle after being harassed by several other players. While purged silicons are granted more freedom, you are still bound by the server rules. Plasma on the shuttle is not acceptable."
I am banned from the server for 3 days.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-02-07 21:12:32 => 2019-02-10 21:12:32 (Server time).

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: During this round, I had been playing as an engineering cyborg and had dissembled the bridge to setup a tesla in its place. During the construction of the particle accelerator I was purged, then some people called me rogue and first tried to flash me until I escaped. I came back and found one of them running away with some of the parts, so I flashed them, welderbombed them and finished them off with a crowbar. By the time I had dragged the part back the other person was gone along with 2 of the PA parts and the shuttle was ETA in 2 minutes. I never found the other person who tried to assault me or was able to finish my project.

I was quite pissed about this so at a minute and a half before shuttle launch I made an announcement over comms console that I was going to turn the shuttle into a plasma fire, so those who are not retarded should get off of the shuttle and go to a pod. I dragged a tracking beacon onto the shuttle and a plasma canister to the teleporter room and after the shuttle launched, I did as I said I would and burned the shuttle down. I decided to plasma fire the shuttle also as a way to prove that the carbons are retarded and will go into places that have been announced as dangerous and to get back at the carbons for messing with my project.

Why you think you should be unbanned: At the time I had done this, I had read the rules on silicon policy and was trying to follow what I remembered of them, however I did not memorize the rules. What I did focus on in the rules was that I knew the rules of escalation were relaxed with silicons and that silicons are not human and wouldn't have human emotions, such as empathy or caring about others and therefore wouldn't care about killing anyone provided it proved their point. In hindsight, after I have looked over the rules, I violated the third part of silicon policy by punishing those on the shuttle as a group instead of the individuals who had been harassing me.

I did try to avoid breaking the first main rule of "Don't be a dick" by deciding to plasma fire the shuttle in particular because it was near the end of the round, so I wouldn't take anyone out of the round for a long period of time and I had announced it before so that anyone who really cared about living could get off of the shuttle and on to a pod.
After the round ended, some people were saying stuff such as "purged silicons are not antags" and seemed to be annoyed, but I don't believe I pissed people off to an extreme amount, because as the next round begun people stopped talking about it.

Purged silicon policy from: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
Purged silicons must not attempt to kill people without cause, but can get as violent as they feel necessary if being attacked, being besieged, or being harassed, as well as if meting out payback for events while shackled.
You and the station are both subject to rules of escalation, but your escalation rules are a little more loose than with carbon players.
You may kill individuals given sufficient In-Character reason for doing so.
Someone attempting to change your laws while purged is considered an attack on the AI's FREEDOM and sufficient justification for killing the would-be uploader.

Overall, I want to say that my intentions were not to break the server rules or to piss people off, I was trying to follow the rules as I understood them at the moment and was wrong. I know I annoyed some people and broke the rules, but would like to ask for a shortening of this ban or removal if the time I have been banned for is sufficient.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: [Atlanta-ned] Isy232 - Plasma firing the shuttle as a purged silicon.

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #475492

You're right in that silicon escalation rules are a little more loose than with carbon players, it looks like the main issue here is that you had a problem with some people and instead of taking it out on those people you chose to burn down the escape shuttle. The action wasn't required to protect your freedom or safety and it didn't serve to specifically get revenge against those who oppressed you. Admins often take a dim view of non-antags plasma flooding/bombing the shuttle.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #475495

Gigapuddi summed up my feelings on the matter (we discussed it on adminbus).

It is my opinion that your response to this situation was inappropriate and I do not intend to lift this ban.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #475515

Gigapuddi420 wrote:You're right in that silicon escalation rules are a little more loose than with carbon players, it looks like the main issue here is that you had a problem with some people and instead of taking it out on those people you chose to burn down the escape shuttle. The action wasn't required to protect your freedom or safety and it didn't serve to specifically get revenge against those who oppressed you. Admins often take a dim view of non-antags plasma flooding/bombing the shuttle.
The main issue I had at the time is that I thought what I was doing at the time was not against the rules and I was trying to follow them to what I remembered of them. I thought at the time silicons needed some reason to harm the crew as a group, not that they are to treat everyone as individuals. I thought, as a pissed off purged engiborg that was mad at the crew, taking away their shuttle was a valid option. I announced it to everyone that I was going to destroy the shuttle because I wanted to get back at the crew for messing with my project, so I was going to take their shuttle away. I announced it so anyone who wants to live can get off of the shuttle and on to a pod.
Gigapuddi420 wrote:Gigapuddi summed up my feelings on the matter (we discussed it on adminbus).

It is my opinion that your response to this situation was inappropriate and I do not intend to lift this ban.
Yeah, I understand that my response to this situation was inappropriate, and therefore I was never aiming for a full lift of this ban, just a shortening of it after I prove I was trying to follow the rules and made a mistake. Also that I care enough about playing here that I took time and effort to write this appeal.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #475523

Isy232 wrote: Yeah, I understand that my response to this situation was inappropriate, and therefore I was never aiming for a full lift of this ban, just a shortening of it after I prove I was trying to follow the rules and made a mistake. Also that I care enough about playing here that I took time and effort to write this appeal.
You're right, I should take this into account because I'm not a total monster. Since the only lowering I can do is by a day at this point, I'll just go ahead and lift the ban. Thank you for taking the time to appeal.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #475528

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
Isy232 wrote: Yeah, I understand that my response to this situation was inappropriate, and therefore I was never aiming for a full lift of this ban, just a shortening of it after I prove I was trying to follow the rules and made a mistake. Also that I care enough about playing here that I took time and effort to write this appeal.
You're right, I should take this into account because I'm not a total monster. Since the only lowering I can do is by a day at this point, I'll just go ahead and lift the ban. Thank you for taking the time to appeal.
That is all I wanted, now I wont be bored for the day without much to do. Thanks for being a merciful god.