[Hbk2006] Carlospaul - Perma Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
carlospaul

[Hbk2006] Carlospaul - Perma Ban Appeal

Post by carlospaul » #475559

Byond account and character name: Carlospaul and Carlos Paul (or Adolf Honkler since I was the Clown)

Banning admin: Hbk2006

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Sybil and Bagil

Ban reason and length: Banned for ERP permanently, was not consented upon. Was told to read our rules in a previous conversation and clearly has not done so.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-02-09 22:01:57 (Doesn't include timezone)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I was arrested by this security officer because of the things I was doing as a Clown. I was given all access by the HoP and so I went to the bridge and bought that Hey Daniel emergency shuttle ship, made a Woody Got Wood captains announcement (An admin warned me that if this announcement got the captain killed, then I would receive a week ban (which I then assured him that everyone knew it was me), but he didn't say anything about the erotic stuff), and other general Clown things. The security officer took away my ID and gave it to someone else, so I kinda got pissed and started tell him to suck my erect cock, and stuff on that same level of eroticness. Hbk2006 told me that he had been reading the conversation and that I would receive a permanent ban for breaking this rule again. I didn't read the rules last time I got this warning because I already knew what I had done wrong and didn't think I needed to go back and read over the rules. I said ERP stuff again because the last time I got warned about this ERP stuff is when I did it on a captain's announcement, and so when I was saying erotic stuff to the security officer, I was thinking, "This is fine since I am saying it in private and not in an announcement for the entire crew to read".

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think a permaban for this kind of thing is a bit much since the conversation was completely private with the sec officer, and he just shrugged it off anyway (On a side note, I am baffled as to why I wasn't permabanned back when I made that Woody's Got Wood joke announcement on the Captain's Intercomm announcement earlier in the round).
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: [Hbk2006] Carlospaul - Perma Ban Appeal

Post by Nilons » #475560

I was the officer, I arrested you because you had been fucking around with all access the whole shift and I needed to call the shuttle. I dunno why you thought the appropriate response to that was to start constantly saying things like "Suck my erect cock", "bend over nig" and other variants of those two
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #475561

Regarding Woody's Got Wood. It is a long ongoing joke that makes the player instantly valid to the crew and often open to admin abuse depending on how well they've hidden themselves. In of itself it's unlikely anyone would take WGW as erotic roleplay; the intention is to annoy and disgust the crew using one of our oldest copy pastas.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
hbk2006
Byond Username: Hbk2006

Post by hbk2006 » #475562

Okay so i'm going to clear up whats happened here.

What Nilons posted is esentially accurate
Spoiler:
[2019-02-09 21:55:27.138] SAY: Carlospaul/(Adolf Honkler) "my cock is erect" (Bridge (114, 136, 2))
[2019-02-09 21:55:32.111] SAY: Carlospaul/(Adolf Honkler) "bend over and start licking" (Bridge (114, 136, 2))
[2019-02-09 21:56:06.683] SAY: Carlospaul/(Adolf Honkler) "I said bend over nig" (Bridge (114, 136, 2))
[2019-02-09 21:58:40.502] SAY: Carlospaul/(Adolf Honkler) "lick my big erect cock" (Bridge (111, 138, 2))
The content of the logs appropriate ive put in spoiler for people who dont want to read that stuff.

You were warned about woodys got wood earlier in the round because you could cause someone to get lynched and you would have received a ban if that had happened because you are a non antag. (i said 1 week not permanent for this)

ERP is usually a permanent ban, sometimes less if it was consented upon but still a ban nonetheless. This was not consented on.

Previously looking over your notes and my own experiences with you. You have had several bans already in only a short amount of time, you were going to get a ban previously for some non antag grief which i stopped upon realizing you are new to the server, at that point I sent you a pretty lengthy message about what is appropriate for pranks and if unsure to ask admins. I linked you to our rules expecting that you would go over ALL of the rules, and you would have seen that ERP is not allowed and warned you at the same time your next ban would be permanent.
"New player to server: still unsure on whats acceptable. Has had multiple bans in past, has been given a detailed view on acceptable 'clown pranks' and whats not after stepping the line in a round. Also given a link to our rules and pre-warned if continues to break them will get perm banned" thats the note in question i gave.

Your defense in the Ahelps with me for why you did this were also not acceptable- along the lines of you thought it was acceptable because of the age rating of the game which which had you read the rules originally asked to you would know it isn't.

I have no intention of lifting this ban at this time.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #475565

this guy is dumb as a box of rocks, I literally warned him about this shit within two-three days ago
carlospaul

Post by carlospaul » #475576

Alright, I suppose this is an obvious "No" to the ban appeal.
hbk2006
Byond Username: Hbk2006

Post by hbk2006 » #475578

yea that would be accurate- head admins can over turn that decision if they see fit. You can appeal again after 12 months.