[blessedheritic] Tyrannosaurusduck - Security Banned

Appeals which have been closed.
tyrannosaurusduck

[blessedheritic] Tyrannosaurusduck - Security Banned

Post by tyrannosaurusduck » #48482

Byond account and character name: Tyrannosaurusduck (Zap Rowsdower, David Gayfer, Pat Fayjat)
Banning admin: blessedheritic
Ban reason and length: Grenading a pack of clowns, permabanned from security
Time ban was placed: Again, can't remember.

My side of the story:
I was given a security ban a while ago for throwing a grenade into a pack of rioting clowns in front of the brig a while ago. I didn't think much of it and I figured it would come off in a few days. However I've now found out that it was a permanent ban and so I'm here to appeal it.

Why I think I should be unbanned:
According to your rules here..
Shitlers/Grey Tiders

Don't take shit from a grey tide. If a shit ton of assistants are swarming the brig all at once, you're free to use lethal force due to how silly it would be to even try getting them stunned and in the brig without being stolen away / broken out.
If they (individually) are someone who does it constantly, adminhelp it and they'll get dealt with.
If someone is intentionally fucking with security, throw them in a brig cell. If after they get out they come back for more, at that point you should look into getting permission for a permabrig if they won't stop.
If they're yelling about security being rogue / security killing them / etc while you're actually not, feel free to go straight for asking for a permabrig.

The "clowns" were all former assistants who had broken into the theater and stolen costumes. And they were all crowded around a cell containing another clown, trying to break him out. None of them were actually killed in the blast as it was just a weak grenade scrapped together in chems. (Where I was previously defending from clowns as one of the few guards and where I used up my flash grenade.) I thought I had a good enough IC reason but if I was still in the wrong I still don't believe it necessitated a perm-ban and I've certainly spent enough time already.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Re: [blessedheritic] Tyrannosaurusduck - Security Banned

Post by BlessedHeretic » #48592

I remember this round pretty well. The HoP or Captain decided to open up an asinine amount of clown slots, and nature took it's course and clowns flooded the station. The reason I removed you from being security is because, the clowns had gathered in one place, they were honking each other, knocking on glass and generally just being passive clowns. While it is true a FEW clowns (2.) Had strayed off and caused some issues, you targeted clowns who had been doing nothing. The clowns whom were causing issues were already detained by the time you came out with tear gas and threw it into a group of clowns, for no reason.

The clowns were not grey tiding. They were also not assistants because literally, there is NOT that many clown suits on the station (7+.) naturally. Even if they WERE assistants, their actions did not deserve being assaulted by security for doing the clown's sole job : To honk, to serve.

The fact you even think you were justified a bit against benign people who were not actively causing disturbances, means that you still deserve the week long sec ban, and maybe longer. However that will remain to be seen when your ban expires and you can resume attempting to be a decent player as security. I do not approve this appeal.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #48883

Uh, teargas is entirely non lethal, and I don't see how this is at all worthy of a sec jobban especially perm to throw it around brig. Were they at the time congregated there or what?
I really dislike this ban as of now.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #48886

Antonkr wrote:Uh, teargas is entirely non lethal, and I don't see how this is at all worthy of a sec jobban especially perm to throw it around brig. Were they at the time congregated there or what?
I really dislike this ban as of now.
Seconded. It starts with gathering in front of the brig and quickly escalates to trying to pull prisoners away, running through the brig doors, etc.

The initial "Grey Tide" protests were exactly what the clowns were doing.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #48902

Isn't that kind of the purpose of the teargas grenades? Dispersing crowds?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #48904

I'll revert the ban then, but honestly I don't see how throwing chemicals at people for no reason is acceptable. I based this ban off the fact the clowns were not harassing anyone, and were merely talking with brigged inmates while honking each other with their horns.

He targeted clowns offering a service, rather than ones doing anything wrong. This irks me.

Edit: Then half way through unbanning i forgot he threw a literal DAMAGE grenade at them. That pushed two into crit, as reported in the ban. RIP my memory, but does that alter things?

In the actual ban listing itself it states : Used his position to assault clowns. Used a chemical grenade to harm them, pushing 2 into crit. Will log dive to get the attack.
Last edited by BlessedHeretic on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #48921

Blessed asked me to supply relevant logs of the grenade in question, and wasn't very specific about it, so heres a short sample of the initial grenade, the ahelps, and the nearby clowns in question.
It was an explosive grenade, not tear gas.
Spoiler:
[21:52:27]GAME: Tyrannosaurusduck/(Zap Rowsdower) has primed a grenade for detonation at Fore Primary Hallway (104,163,1).
[21:52:29]SAY: Clunwe: Woody: Andy Senpai! I'm alive and I want to be INSIDE THE CLOWN.
[21:52:32]GAME: Explosion with size (-1, 0, 2, 0) in area Fore Primary Hallway (104,163,1)
[21:52:34]EMOTE: Big Honkers: Big Honkers gasps!
[21:52:34]EMOTE: Comrade Bro: Comrade Bro gasps!
[21:52:37]ADMIN: BlessedHeretic/(Immovable Rod) : really.
[21:52:41]EMOTE: Big Honkers: Big Honkers gasps!
[21:52:42]SAY: Saddness: CLOWN DOWN!
[21:52:46]SAY: Clunwe: Andy: Oh Woody-chan! I always knew you were alive! I want to stuff you up my kawaii clown!
[21:52:46]ADMIN: PM: BlessedHeretic/(Immovable Rod)->Tyrannosaurusduck/(Zap Rowsdower): So.. Hi..
[21:52:48]SAY: Saddness: CLOWN DOWN!
[21:53:02]ADMIN: PM: Tyrannosaurusduck/(Zap Rowsdower)->BlessedHeretic/(Immovable Rod): Purging the clown menace
[21:53:03]SAY: Honkstalicious: DEAFNESS OW
[21:53:07]ADMIN: PM: Tyrannosaurusduck/(Zap Rowsdower)->BlessedHeretic/(Immovable Rod): A necessary evil
[21:53:15]ADMIN: PM: Tyrannosaurusduck/(Zap Rowsdower)->BlessedHeretic/(Immovable Rod): I accept my punishment
[21:53:20]ADMIN: PM: BlessedHeretic/(Immovable Rod)->Tyrannosaurusduck/(Zap Rowsdower): Were you ordered to do this or did you just take the law into your own hands?
[21:53:32]ADMIN: PM: Tyrannosaurusduck/(Zap Rowsdower)->BlessedHeretic/(Immovable Rod): There was no law on this station
[21:53:37]ADMIN: HELP: /(Dinky Doodle): Zap Rowsdower just used a bomb to stop us clown honking at each other as we wait for our clown brother to get out - heard by 2 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[21:53:50]ADMIN: PM: BlessedHeretic/(Immovable Rod)->/(Dinky Doodle): Already on it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #49069

-1, 0, 2, 0 is an explosion from a potassium/water grenade of 50 units each.
At most it will do 24 damage if it explodes under their feet.

In other words they would need to be already hurt by 76 damage to go into crit.
tyrannosaurusduck

Post by tyrannosaurusduck » #49232

I noticed I got security officer back so thank you, I've had some good productive rounds since then, but why am I also banned from HoS, Warden, and Detective? I've never even played those jobs before. Also I was not aware that it was an explosive grenade, I was just told that Potassium + water was a weak concussive grenade, I certainly wouldn't have thrown it otherwise. With that knowledge I do apologize for my actions.
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #49304

tyrannosaurusduck wrote:I noticed I got security officer back so thank you, I've had some good productive rounds since then, but why am I also banned from HoS, Warden, and Detective? I've never even played those jobs before. Also I was not aware that it was an explosive grenade, I was just told that Potassium + water was a weak concussive grenade, I certainly wouldn't have thrown it otherwise. With that knowledge I do apologize for my actions.
Technically, you shouldn't even have security back, but in my haste to appease my fellow mins i didn't read my banning reason prior. Keep in mind you were totally in the wrong, and may be subject to worse bans if you abuse your position again. I'll leave the other bans on because those are far more complex law enforcement positions anyway.