[DaxYeen] cris5311 24H ban for killing self antaging chemist

Appeals which have been closed.
cris5311

[DaxYeen] cris5311 24H ban for killing self antaging chemist

Post by cris5311 » #480623

Byond account and character name: cris5311 - Valary Wood
Banning admin: DaxYeen
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Complete ban
Ban reason and length: Tabled a chemist on glass tables in chemistry, because he pushed him on the floor. then proceedet to kill and SPACE the chemist when he retaliated. \'He tried to kill me so he must be a traitor and thus I can space him\' - 1440H
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-03-02 21:04:19
Server you were playing when banned (Terry):
Your side of the story: After i tabled the chemist he threw a grenade at me. Even after that i still administered aid to him by giving him bicardine in the sleeper. Later he threw a grenade at me in the hallway (with others around) which i luckily managed to avoid. It was HE and could have easily killed me or a bystander. I then beanbaged and cuffed them and interogated them, to which they admitted lethal intend. So i choked them, but as a MD came to their help i had to be quick, as another lethal attack was likley if they came free. the only way i could quickly kill them was to space them. So i spaced them in arrivals.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Rule 4 clearly states "Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.". which in combination with " Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists" I assumed that i could kill them. I even ahelped to ask if an attack on my life could be payed back with death, to which i got a yes. I dont see how throwing a lethal grenade in a hallway is *not* behaving like an antag.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [DaxYeen] cris5311 24H ban for killing self antaging chemist

Post by Dax Dupont » #480626

Yeah I'm gonna lift this ban in a bit, you kept talking about a singular grenade and I only saw the one in chemistry right after you tabled him on all the glass tables. However it appears he kept coming back if what you say is true. From what I only saw the one incident in the logs but I might have read them wrong, the text can be hard to read sometime. I'm in bed currently so I'll ask the other admins to lift this on discord.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #480627

If it was a singular fight it wouldn't be okay however considering escalation but if he keeps going back he's a chumbis. Also the way he ahelped seemed like it was a single incident.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #480628

This is lifted now, be good.