Post Content:
Byond Account: Aerasteele
Character name: Aera Steele
Banning Admin: Penterwast
Ban reason and length: Meta-Communications with Brian Core, permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-02-23 04:57:34
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry
Your side of the story:
Me and Brian were in a discord call while playing on Terry. He was completely new and I was teaching him how to play. It was his second round ever and we both rolled miners, and we were in a call so I could easily teach him controls, fundamentals, and everything I could about the game. At some point, someone said the work "Husked" to him, in cloning terms. He asked me what it meant, and I myself didn't know. When I told him I didn't know, he asked in OOC, "What does husked mean? I'm in discord with my friend and he doesn't know.". Upon seeing this, an admin contacted him about his reference to being in discord, and soon-later contacted me. I told him that I was teaching him the game and he told me that it was against the rules. I was under the assumption that external communication was allowed as long as it did not provide advantage in any way - I was wrong and know that now. He also claimed there was strong proof that I was relaying my the position of my dead body over discord, in which I denied, and still do.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I should've read the rules more closely and I realize now that I could easily have given him meta information that ruined the round for others, and I'm sorry. If I were to play again, I would be more careful and give it my best effort not to break the rules again. I really enjoy playing this game and TG servers, and hope I can come back to injecting peeps with superpowers and breeding all-powerful slimes.
penterwast
Byond Username: Penterwast
Github Username: penterwast

Re: [Penterwast] Aerasteele - Permanent Ban

Post by penterwast » #480663

I'm going to reduce your ban to one month starting from when I applied it. I understand you were teaching your friend to play the game, but what you did was still cheating, and given how long you have played on our servers I would expect that you have read through the server rules by now.

Please also keep in mind that when you come back you will be watched closely for metacomms or metafriending, and it will be punished harshly if you are found to be doing it again.

Your friend may also appeal their ban.
AeraSteele
Byond Username: Aerasteele

Re: [Penterwast] Aerasteele - Permanent Ban

Post by AeraSteele » #480664

Alright, thank ya. Again, my apologies, I understand I was cheating and screwed up.