[Gigapuddi] Onebi - when you put a bag of holding into another one

Appeals which have been closed.
Onebi

[Gigapuddi] Onebi - when you put a bag of holding into another one

Post by Onebi » #483097

Byond account and character name: Onebi / Dakota blaine
Banning admin: Gigapuddi
Ban type (What are you banned from?): i seem to be ban from one of the servers
Ban reason and length: Detonated a pair of Bags of Holding resulting in the death of fout crewmembers as a non-antag. didn't reply when asked to explain their actions but say logs support the idea it was probably accidental and they got spooked by the admin PMs. Either way, watch for futures accidents.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2019/03/13 20:53:49 (i am in france, so UTC+1 i think, but thoses are server time)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): i honnestly do not know :/
Your side of the story:

So hi! uhm i'm pretty new to the game (started three days ago) and as such a was fresh out of the pan, i started learning sci and nanites and so began a new round dedicated to augmenting the crew and placing public nanomachines machines for self implantation.
yadi yada, i just installed a public nanomachine thingy in front of the (then explosed !) engineering dept when i came back to the sci dept, and there someone was pounding on the glass asking for something.

bags he says. so i get to the machine where i build micro lasers and ask for "bag", bingo two hits, one i havent seen, and one i have seen people using before, the bag of holding. so i print one of thoses and give him.

he then asks for three, so i print two and drop them on the ground (the table was packed and made my PC ram when right clicking) and when i put the second one a dialog appears, not reading it i clicked ok and then i learnt that i should read dialogs even under pressure..

after i was a bit bummed, i ruined the game for multiple people and it was my best nanites deployment to date, to end like that... so i was gone cooking dinner and i suppose that is when Gigapuddi tried to ask me why i did what i did, and i didn't respond...

so here is my side, sorry for the long story.
tl, dr : i was under pressure and did not read the ever so important dialog.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

well it was really my fault and as such i cant say that i'm innocent, i mostly hope that with my side of the story i can show that is was really an accident, and that i was really not self antag or something of the sort.
i don't know what i can add, if this explanation cannot clear the ban, i hope that it can at least reduce the ban time, as how it stands it is longer that in have played so far ^^

also i did not interact with Gigapuddi, but i am sure that he is a good guy, i really am not throwing shade

here is a screen of the ban message :

thx for your attention
Onebi
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: [Gigapuddi] Onebi - when you put a bag of holding into another one

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #483104

I'm pretty convinced you combined the two by accident so this isn't really a ban for malicious intent or anything like that. That said at least four players were killed/stranded as a result of the detonation and significantly damaged the science department and hallway leading to escape on a round with a lot of chaos and plasma flooding. I don't think removing the ban or reducing the time is appropriate for this level of destruction, accidental or otherwise. We have that warning box on Bags of Holding for a reason and typically when people die to non-antag bombs we add a day onto the ban length for each innocent killed, thus: four days.

It's good you came onto the forums to explain your side of things though, I can edit the note to reflect that much but you'll just have to sit out for four days and be more careful when you come back on. Science has a lot of destructive gear around and players need to be careful in their use.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Onebi

Post by Onebi » #483106

very well then, thanks for having at least considered my case, four days it is
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #483109

Code: Select all

Detonated a pair of Bags of Holding resulting in the death of four crewmembers as a non-antag. Didn't reply when asked to explain their actions but later came onto the forums to explain their mistake. I'm convinced it was accidental and the player understands what he did was wrong.
I've edited the note to better reflect this outcome, besides that the appeal is denied. Naturally a headmin could come and overrule but personally I consider this resolved.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #483624

Hi! Like Gigapuddi420 said, even when you did it accidentally, four people died to your mistake, so it would be unfair for them if we didn't do anything about it - but they made sure to include that they trust you in the edited note, and I agree with it.
Both parties seem happy with how this appeal turned out, so I'm locking and moving it to resolved soon.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try