Appeals which have been closed.
MCterra
Byond Username: Mcterra

[Coconutwarrior97] Mcterra - Lube Grenade on the shuttle

Post by MCterra » #483440

Byond account and character name: Mcterra, Terra Andedare

Banning admin: Coconutwarrior97

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban

Ban reason and length: Banned for 2 days for setting off a lube grenade on the shuttle as the chemist, which is said to have resulted in the deaths of several people

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 8:26:04 PM, GMT+11 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story:
I was playing chemist and made a lube bomb for the shuttle (which in retrospect was a shitter move), which I then detonated just before the shuttle left the station. Roughly 10 seconds after that Sunshine Day (a traitor) detonated three minibombs in various areas of the shuttle, resulting in the deaths of several people who didn't have hardsuits.
I got an admin pm soon after the round ended telling me to "Stay for the next round" which I did. Soon after roundstart I received another PM asking me why I lubed the shuttle, to which I responded that it had been a joke.
The next response I received informed me that my lube had been responsible for the death of multiple people who had slipped and floated off after the bombing, and that it had made it difficult for aid to be given, noting at the end that I would receive a two day ban with no further questions about my actions or justifications asked, to which I responded with a deflated "Alright."

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I don't expect to be fully unbanned, as it is clearly stated in the rules that non-antag shuttle grief such as lube can be met with "instant 5 minute bans or more", although in my fun I had forgotten this part.
I claim full responsibility for being a troll, but I feel that to be attributed with the death of several other players is unfair, as it was claimed that several people floated off as a result of the lube slipping them, but I had a look at the logs (the logs for this round are here) and nobody died in space after floating away, which makes sense, because as long as there is gravity, slipping doesn't make you float through an opening. The point was also made that the lube made it hard for aid to be given to the injured, but considering that I was actually the only medbay staff on the shuttle, and that everyone on the shuttle except I think the CE was incapacitated by the initial blast (including myself) and that the shuttle had left at this point, there was no way that any aid could be given to the injured. It is also important to note that I had no way of knowing that syndicate minibombs would be thrown after my lube grenade.

In closing, while I fully expect not to have the ban entirely removed, to blame the lube grenade for preventing people from saving themselves or others on-board the completely shredded shuttle without hardsuits or other protection and to use this as the basis to turn what would normally be a 5 minute to a few hour ban into one that lasts several days is unfair.

Thankyou.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [Coconutwarrior97] Mcterra - Lube Grenade on the shuttle

Post by Dax Dupont » #483470

Hitting space in a shuttle though a missing tile or openings will launch you into space.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #483528

I looked through the logs and I can also say that I did not find anyone who slipped into space and died, so I will be editing your note to reflect that.

Heres where you lubed the shuttle.
[2019-03-15 08:13:03.525] GAME: Mcterra/(Terra Andedare) primed a chemical grenade at Emergency Shuttle (0, 0, 0) containing: (large beaker 1 : Sugar, 50 | Space Lube, 50); (large beaker 2 : Potassium, 50 | Phosphorus, 50);. (Emergency Shuttle (205, 136, 2))

Heres one of three syndicate bombs.
[2019-03-15 08:13:09.501] GAME: Kendrickorium/(Sunshine Day) has primed a syndicate minibomb at Emergency Shuttle (0, 0, 0) for detonation. (Emergency Shuttle (206, 139, 2))

Here is where someone was slipping around a bunch and eventually died.
[2019-03-15 08:13:17.420] ATTACK: Neuroplasty/(Arche N) has slipped on the [shuttle floor] (LUBE) (Emergency Shuttle (208, 140, 2))
[2019-03-15 08:13:29.932] ATTACK: Neuroplasty/(Arche N) has slipped on the [shuttle floor] (LUBE) (Emergency Shuttle (208, 140, 2))
[2019-03-15 08:13:33.564] ATTACK: Neuroplasty/(Arche N) has slipped on the [shuttle floor] (LUBE) (Emergency Shuttle (207, 140, 2))
[2019-03-15 08:13:35.597] ATTACK: Neuroplasty/(Arche N) has slipped on the [plating] (LUBE) (Emergency Shuttle (206, 140, 2))
[2019-03-15 08:13:37.862] ATTACK: Neuroplasty/(Arche N) has slipped on the [plating] (LUBE) (Emergency Shuttle (205, 140, 2))
[2019-03-15 08:13:40.696] EMOTE: Neuroplasty/(Arche N) seizes up and falls limp, their eyes dead and lifeless... (Emergency Shuttle (204, 140, 2))

Here we can see a player attempting to heal someone, but be unable to due to the lube on the shuttle.
[2019-03-15 08:15:01.738] ATTACK: Hulkamania/(Jet Brody) has grabbed 123chess456/(Scheherazade Ayla) passive grab (NEWHP: -54) (Emergency Shuttle (22, 101, 12))
[2019-03-15 08:15:02.897] ATTACK: 123chess456/(Scheherazade Ayla) has slipped on the [shuttle floor] (LUBE) (Emergency Shuttle (22, 101, 12))
[2019-03-15 08:15:03.953] ATTACK: 123chess456/(Scheherazade Ayla) has slipped on the [shuttle floor] (LUBE) (Emergency Shuttle (23, 101, 12))
[2019-03-15 08:15:32.869] EMOTE: 123chess456/(Scheherazade Ayla) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless... (Emergency Shuttle (25, 99, 12))

Heres an admin talking about the lubed shuttle the round after in ASAY:
[2019-03-15 08:23:22.482] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Hulkamania/(Jet Brody) "holy shit that lube is what caused so many people to get fucked up"
[2019-03-15 08:23:28.373] ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Coconutwarrior97/(Coconutwarrior97) "how many you think?" (start area (8, 174, 1))
ASAY: Hulkamania/(Jet Brody) "I dunno. The bomb killed a lot of them but the lube made it impossible for me to grab people to heal them up" (Brig (111, 167, 2))

Shuttle grief is not allowed, and yours enabled an antagonist to kill several people, essentially aiding them.
That being said, I'm willing to lower this ban to a day since you went through the trouble to make an appeal and seem apologetic as well as fewer people dying than I initially thought.
Thanks for appealing!
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #483634

This is what the note looks like right now:
Banned from the server for 1 day - As a non-antag chemist lubed the escape shuttle. A bombing happened shortly after that contributed to several people dying due to difficulty in being able to heal themselve/having others heal them. Shuttle grief is not allowed, and yours enabled an antagonist to kill several people, essentially aiding them. Don't shuttle grief.
I believe Coconut's ruling and the edit he made to the note are both fair. Even if you didn't intend to make people die, it did result in that, and shuttle grief is not allowed to begin with.
I'm locking and resolving this soon.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try