Subject217 note appeal

Post by imsxz » #483887

Byond account and character name: imsxz
Banning admin: subject217
Ban type (What are you banned from?): note
Ban reason and length: note
Time ban was placed (including time zone):
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): bagil
Your side of the story: 2019-03-17 05:15:06 | Bagil | Subject217 warned for OOC in IC - "KOS"
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was told this was OOC in IC because it has strong ties with Trouble in Terrorist Town, though I've been using this term frequently even on servers with higher RP standards, it's also a term people use in real life with frequency. There's no quicker way to inform the sec that a target NEEDS lethals on whatever target than to say KOS. This is in line with other accepted abbreviations such as "ASAP".

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Subject217 note appeal

Post by subject217 » #483890

I actually asked in adminbus about this because it seemed borderline to me and I was told by a headmin that it is indeed OOC in IC. I don't really have a problem with deleting this note if the headmins decide they think it should be allowed. That's all I really have to say here.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #484033

Excessive acronym-ing, especially for acronyms that are mostly associated with video games (wtf, kos, gg), is generally considered a no-no. Anyone can say any of those acronyms in real life, that still doesnt make them good. I cant really think of any situation in which saying "KOS" is both necessary and its not possible to just say "kill them".
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #484048

Where's the line drawn for shortenings of words/phrases? We allow plenty like rev, all the head of staff terms, centcom, ASAP, "etc", etc.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #484058

This is not worth arguing about.
Though, the difference between "KOS" and "ASAP" is that you directly say "asap" but as for KOS, you say "kay oh ess". As long as you make it sound like a future space security force term and not just you being lazy to type "kill on sight", I'm okay with it.
We allow CMO, HoP, HoS, because they make sense in the context of the game. I believe KOS is acceptable in this context - but even if this changes in the future, it wouldn't be fair to rule on it before a decision is made, and when it's a grey area.
I'm removing the note now.

Edit: In the future, please name threads accordingly with the proper format.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try