[Elyina]W33blord-Banned for a chaplain gimmick

Post by weeblord » #486083

Weeblord:Noel Fielding
Banning admin:Elyina
Ban type (What are you banned from?):http://prntscr.com/n2dz3j
Ban reason and length:http://prntscr.com/n2dz3j
Time ban was placed (including time zone):around 6:45ish EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):bagil
Your side of the story:I was playing chaplain and chose the gimmick religion of "the fourth wall" my entire gimmick revolved around educating the masses and enlightening them by telling them nothing was real and that its all just a videogame played by fat neckbeards, I enlisted the clown to help me and we spread our message for I assume like a solid 15 minutes before I get slapped with a ban by Elyina with no prior bwoink or message saying hey cut it out, this isn't ok. I am under the impression chaplains are given a little more leeway for their gimmicks if this is not the case I apologize. Regardless I feel this is a bit harsh at the most I'd like the ban to be shortened.
Why you think you should be unbanned:I feel the lack of communication before being slapped with a ban is unjust, I also feel being banned for a chaplain gimmick is also unjust. If nothing else I'd like a shortened ban time for this.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [Elyina]W33blord-Banned for a chaplain gimmick

Post by elyina » #486093

The ban length being 24 hours was a mistake, I changed it to down to 15 minutes right after. You should be unbanned by now.
Gimmick or not, running around the station shouting "THIS IS A VIDEO GAME EVERYONE" is damaging to immersion for everyone. The chaplain can do gimmicks, but that doesn't extend into getting a free pass for OOC in IC.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: [Elyina]W33blord-Banned for a chaplain gimmick

Post by wubli » #486514

The ban time was a mistake and it was shortened so I think there isn't much more to be done here.
I''m locking the thread and resolving this soon.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try