[JusticeGoat]ClassicAmericanYouth - Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
ClassicAmericanYouth

[JusticeGoat]ClassicAmericanYouth - Ban Appeal

Post by ClassicAmericanYouth » #486142

Byond account and character name: ClassicAmericanYouth; DICK FINNEGAN
Banning admin: JusticeGoat
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server Ban
Ban reason and length: "Found talking to their friend Kit320 on stream, warned to keep all comms about the round in game told to read the rules. Next round proceeded to spoil the round type to Kit320 by telling them its "revs" in voice chat over stream" - Permaban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-03-25 04:49:16
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Event Hall
Your side of the story: I was under the assumption that both Kit320 and I had missed the round ready up. It announced in chat from my perspective that it was a "rev" round, meaning everyone who did not ready up was now aware of the fact. I then made an offhand comment about it, assuming he already knew and to reassure him that it would not affect him, for he only cared about mastering the fine art of pie-making. He had just started playing that day, and I had left the computer for a moment, and when I returned I found that I was banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My intent was not metacomms, but when playing together over voice chats mistakes are bound to happen. I understand why metacomms are destructive to the game experience and there was no ill-intent to provide any advantage to another player. My friend had just started playing and I was asked to help him out with the basics as I used to play frequently many years ago. It was a mistake made on my part, and as he's getting the hang of the game on his own now we will ensure out voice comms will remain separate for now on.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Re: [JusticeGoat]ClassicAmericanYouth - Ban Appeal

Post by JusticeGoat » #486169

I was sitting there in stream, already asked that you keep off voice chat the round before a bit very nicely and left a note. You broke my trust so i upped it to a real ban /TG/ takes meta communications very seriously, ill be more inclined to look at a appeal after a month, please read the rules over.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: [JusticeGoat]ClassicAmericanYouth - Ban Appeal

Post by wubli » #486516

Denied.
JusticeGoat gave you a chance, and you misused it. If he thinks a month is enough to appeal it again, I'll trust his judgement.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try