mkl - Discord ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
mkl
Byond Username: Mklzer0

mkl - Discord ban appeal

Post by mkl » #486400

Discord ID and (if not the same) your commonly used names: mkl#0328
Banning admin (if known):
Time ban was placed (approximate): 3 months ago, on new years I think?
Your side of the story: if I recall correctly there was some major autism going on in general and I joined in, then I remember I called a trial admin or game admin a redditor and I got bwoinked a few seconds later. Unless that's not it. Then I don't know.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Sseth released his SS13 video and I started playing again a few days after, and having the discord available to brainstorm, discuss, help other players, ask for advice myself, etc is pretty useful.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: mkl - Discord ban appeal

Post by Arianya » #486450

Full ban reason:

Code: Select all

This isn't a place for encouraging racial genocide, thanks!
Due to the age of the ban, the banning admin isn't clear anymore (thanks Discord!) so this will be up to the headmins.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #486696

You were one of three people I banned that day when I was purging the Discord server of people regularly posting Nazi content / shit about hating Jewish people. Lucky you, of the three people I banned, you were the one whose message history I accidentally cleared upon banning (the default is to clear the last 24hrs of messages). Due to this, there isn't a whole lot of evidence left of what you actually did, although the posts of yours which weren't cleared have the same sort of content.
My questions to you: why should I lift this ban when Discord is currently in the middle of a moderation fiasco, where they ban people and entire servers for stupid shit, and why should I believe you've changed and won't do it again?
mkl
Byond Username: Mklzer0

Post by mkl » #486781

I feared that would be the reason why. I can see the risks of having someone back saying things like I did with the current situation of Discord and why banning me wouldn't be such a bad idea when all I did when I joined a conversation was post that type of stuff. I don't even think it's bullshit because I wasn't trying to have any kind of healthy discussion. My point is, I know what I was doing wrong, and it won't happen again.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #487546

I’m a bit apprehensive about this, but I think you’re being genuine when you say you realize your mistakes so I’m going to lift this ban. Please do not make me regret this and do not post that sort of stuff again. Needless to say, any future offenses will be an instant reapplication of the ban.