[Okand37] Datmanisdumb - 3rd Ban Appeal

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #486656

Datmanisdumb: i don't remember
Banning admin:Okand37
Ban type: Permaban
Ban reason and length:Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone):11-22-2017
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil I think
Your side of the story: I honestly don't remember. I looked back on my ban appeal and I guess I got temp banned so I started saying dumb shit. also I used to grief a lot.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been a good boy on goon since my last appeal nearly a year ago. Id like to be unbanned.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Datmanisdumb's 3rd Ban Appeal

Post by Okand37 » #486679

Third times the charm, huh pardner?

As for the reasoning, it is as follows:
"Aww man. I knew it was a longshot that this would actually work. Yeah, I actually did all that shit. I only play ss13 to fuck with people, because I'm the physical embodiment of an asshole. I'm really surprised I haven't been permabanned yet."
This stemmed from your first ban appeal found here as you had multiple bans for randomly killing other crew members:
Banned for 10080 minutes - Killed a botanist for being batonned by beepsky, said they cloned then and they didnt, and then started randomly killing people on the escape shuttle.
Banned for 4320 minutes - As Chemist burned down their own department with a chemical nade filled with flammable substances because they were disarmed and 'assumed I was about to be killed'. In his ahelp constantly blamed admins for having bias againt him. Has been warned multiple times about escalation rules. Please learn the rules about escalation.
Banned for 1440 minutes - Banned for 1440 minutes - Murdered an assistant for only disarming them. Please be more careful with escalation in the future. This behavior is not appropriate.
As a chemist, killed a player nearing roundstart who had allegedly broken into chemistry then shoved their body in a chemical closet. (The killed player claimed they lagged in, and supporting logs showed they did not do anything once in nor fight back.) When questioned, they claimed they had no tolerance for greytiders and killed them for breaking in. Informed of escalation rules and that, while it is allowed to defend your department, you should give the individual a warning or forceful removal first.
It's been quite a while since your last appeal, and as you've mentioned you've been getting along on goon a bit better, could you be able to get an administrator from goonstation to post your recent notes and vouch for your good behaviour?
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #486680

just for the sake of it here are these

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=17839 ban appeal from last year

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=14141 ban appeal that resulted in a permaban
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #486681

You have not been a "good boy" on Goon. You've got a record of notes a mile long, and the Goon admins I asked about you instantly recognized your ckey as a shitter.
Here's a list of your awful note history on Goon: https://pastebin.com/zKqWxwfq.
Here's you making an insane staff complaint on Goon: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10906.
  • Funny quote from it: "Also you're being kind of disingenuous when you say joking about Stalin isn't much better. Stalin doesn't have nearly as much of a stigma as, say, a certain other leader of a certain other country during WW2. Stalin obviously did do stuff wrong, but that makes the joke funny."
I think your post in the appeal that got you permabanned still stands true (click the image for a less shitty and uncompressed version):
Spoiler:
Datmanisdumb2

Re: [Okand37] Datmanisdumb - 3rd Ban Appeal

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #486745

Sorry for the late reply, I went to bed at 5:30 yesterday. I think I have only gotten one note since last year when I made my 2nd ban appeal, and it was around 6 months ago. How about if I get a single note playing on tg station for the whole month of April you can permaban me again? What do you have to lose by unbanning me?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #486753

Datmanisdumb2 wrote:What do you have to lose by unbanning me?
Considering this is your third attempt at appeal, isn't the correct question what is gained by unbanning you?
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #486772

As Cedarbridge said, the responsibility is on you, as a permabanned player, to prove that we have something to gain by unbanning you. It’s also on you to prove that you have moved beyond your old behavior that got you banned in the first place. Since you’ve already lied in your appeal about good behavior on Goon, there is in fact no reason to believe you have changed.
Datmanisdumb2

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #486854

Nervere wrote:As Cedarbridge said, the responsibility is on you, as a permabanned player, to prove that we have something to gain by unbanning you. It’s also on you to prove that you have moved beyond your old behavior that got you banned in the first place. Since you’ve already lied in your appeal about good behavior on Goon, there is in fact no reason to believe you have changed.
I said since the last time I have appealed I have been good on Goon. Look, I just want to be unbanned, this is pretty silly. It's been a year and a half since I've last played and I have been a relatively good boy since then. No hardcore griefing or anything like that. How long does it take until I've been forgiven?
Datmanisdumb2

Post by Datmanisdumb2 » #486856

Nervere wrote:As Cedarbridge said, the responsibility is on you, as a permabanned player, to prove that we have something to gain by unbanning you. It’s also on you to prove that you have moved beyond your old behavior that got you banned in the first place. Since you’ve already lied in your appeal about good behavior on Goon, there is in fact no reason to believe you have changed.
I have only gotten one note in nearly 1 year since my last ban appeal on goon, and it was for something I would not have been banned for on tg. Also, CitrusGender said I could get unbanned in 3 months if I have not gotten a note on goon, and it has been over 3 months since my last note on goon.
CitrusGender wrote:I will note that 2/3 of these things would not net a note here but it doesn't look too good if you're not willing to play by the rules there.
Come back in 3 months and appeal again.
I deserve to be unbanned. My playstyle has radically changed since the last time I have played on tg, when I was new to the game and didn't appreciate it.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #487326

You haven’t been keeping yourself out of trouble, your history on Goon makes this very apparent.
I do not foresee you being unbanned without a positive recommendation from another server that speaks well about your IC behavior. Please appeal in a year or when you have a server to vouch for your good behavior.