Discord ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Discord ban appeal

Post by Shezza » #487477

Discord ID and (if not the same) your commonly used names: carbondioxideXD#7756 (formerly shezza#0001)
Banning admin (if known): Nervere
Time ban was placed (approximate): 23:44 (gmt +1)
Your side of the story: Broke rule #1 and rule #3
Why you think you should be unbanned:
It's been roughly 4 months since my ban, a lot of stuff happened inbetween.
I don't think i'll break the rules again, so thats why i'm asking for a unban.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Discord ban appeal

Post by subject217 » #487679

Hi there.
I don't think i'll break the rules again, so thats why i'm asking for a unban.
Explicitly, you have a long history of bans in all /tg/ station spaces. You have been permabanned multiple times from the server (including a current permaban) and you have been banned from the Discord on two separate occasions. You also recently copped a permanent forum ban for your behavior on the forums.

Here's the two appeals from your last discord ban, one denied and one accepted.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=19489
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=19821

This time around your ban reason is: "you got kicked for spamming emojis and then did it again right after, i dont know what you expected, especially with a previous ban for being dumb on this discord". The primarily relevant rule being the Discord's rule 1.

It seems pretty apparent that you at least somewhat understand what it is that you did wrong. However, given your extensive, repeated, storied history of being banned on /tg/ station, what reason do we have to believe that you will not do something along these lines or against another rule again? Why should /tg/ station give you yet another chance? Why should we believe that this time you will follow the rules?

edit: You also appealed this second ban once before, in this thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=20757
In that thread Nervere says "You may appeal this again in 2 months, by then I'll expect you to understand why you weren't in the right in this situation." So, do you understand? You say very little in this appeal.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #487787

subject217 wrote:It seems pretty apparent that you at least somewhat understand what it is that you did wrong.
subject217 wrote:In that thread Nervere says "You may appeal this again in 2 months, by then I'll expect you to understand why you weren't in the right in this situation." So, do you understand? You say very little in this appeal.
I know i fucked up, and i'm aware i was in the wrong on the last appeal. I don't think there's much to say about it.
subject217 wrote:given your extensive, repeated, storied history of being banned on /tg/ station, what reason do we have to believe that you will not do something along these lines or against another rule again? Why should /tg/ station give you yet another chance? Why should we believe that this time you will follow the rules?
Given that the thing i was banned for is somewhat done on daily basis now, although, not as excessive as i did it. I'll probably won't end up breaking the same rule again, i know where the line is. And i know better than to cross it.

As for notes, I have a lot of notes where i came close to getting over the line and that made me tone down rulebreaking behaviour. Which should show that i tone down when spoken to about a issue with me.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #488572

Hi.

We have decided to lift this particular ban. As long as you abide by our Discord rules from now on, the ones you've broken aren't reasonable enough to keep you out of it after four months.

Be aware, though, that you have been banned twice already. Even though they were by themselves minor offenses, it continues to build on a bad reputation. Please be more careful in the future.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try