[nervere] Brettwardo obligatory ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Brettwardo

[nervere] Brettwardo obligatory ban appeal

Post by Brettwardo » #487988

Byond account and character name: Brettwardo is my byond account name and I don't remember my characters name
Banning admin: Nervere
Ban type (What are you banned from?): I think everything.
Ban reason and length: I was spawned as a death bolt Magikarp and shot several players, permaed.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-04-03 12:26:26 during round ID 105369, for me I think it was around 6am EST.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: Well I definitely did what I did. Violated rule one, but I wasn't aware of the consequences. I had ahelped asking admins if spawned Xenos were allowed to use their abilities on people before the fact, but got no response, didn't see anything on the wiki either. I also didn't think I killed 12 people which is what nervere wrote. I thought it was closer to 6, but damn if the logs say 12 I might have been more fucked up than I thought. The ban reason also lists me leaving like I was trying to ban evade?
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png
I was simply getting off for the night. Nobody was asking me to stay and talk about anything.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I mean yeah its definitely being a dick to kill people but I didn't realize I would be permanently banned from all servers because of it. As it was a first offense couldn't you show a little leniency this time? I wouldn't like to be permaed for a one time thing at like 6 am after a night of inebriants. 3 minutes of retardation excluding me from the servers for all time just seems too much. But it's up to you. All I can do is appeal it I suppose.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: [nervere] Brettwardo obligatory ban appeal

Post by Nervere » #487990

I wasn’t implying you were trying to ban evade. I was noting that you logged off after your massacre which looked pretty bad to me, and wasn’t inaccurate. There were 30 or so people on Sybil at the time, and over the course of your murdering, you bolt of death’d 12 people.

You mentioned you ahelped about using your xenobio abilities and didn’t receive a reply. I didn’t see this, but regardless - if you don’t receive a reply, why would this be an excuse to go on a killing spree? Our most important rule is to not be a dick, what good could possible have come from killing a large part of the station? Also, how can I trust you will follow the rules in the future, and you won’t do this again with no admins online? I’m sorry, but I find it hard to believe that this was anything but a badly intentioned massacre.
Brettwardo

Post by Brettwardo » #487994

Damn. Well I can get that, but at the same time it is a first offense. Couldn't you at least make it 6 months or something?
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #487995

I’ll reduce it to a month since you’re a new player who has a positive note, a pretty rare thing to see.
If you do something similar after the ban expires, it will be a permaban again.
Brettwardo

Post by Brettwardo » #488000

Wow man. Thanks. Seriously, seen a lot of appeals just get one word NO responses so I wasn't expecting that man. Really appreciate ya. I'll make sure to play well within the rules in the future.
Brettwardo

Post by Brettwardo » #488001

Also thanks for a terrific response time.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #488185

No problem. I hope to see good things from you in a month.