Appeals which have been closed.
BrutalEddie

[Gigapuddi420] GlogbavirShatterfist - Innapropriate Shuttle Behaviour

Post by BrutalEddie » #488333

Byond account: "BrutalEddie"
Character Name: "Glogbavir Shatterfist"
Banning admin: Gigapuddi420
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Playing in general
Ban reason and length: Rule 8: Erotic/Creepy stuff is not allowed, i'm banned for 7 days
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-04-05 at 18:26:12 (GMT)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry
Your side of the story: I was banned from playing earlier today by Gigapuddi420 for being stupid and saying something very innapropriate in the escape shuttle as the round was ending, to be more specific I gestured "Glogbavir Shatterfist masturbates furiously" At the time of the statement I had just regained my voice after some weird genetic injections, as well as my height, and I was sitting naked in the shuttle after being cloned while all sorts of crazy things happened around me, I was just trying to have fun and took a shot at shock humour, and I understand now that was very clearly against your rules, and I apologize.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because my ban here was honestly a small mistake on my part, that I definitely regret. I've been having a lot of fun experiencing crazy events for the past 2 days on your server and this was the first time I believe i've gotten into trouble. I understand if some punishment is required for my mistake however i'd like (If possible) to wait less than 7 days as this game is an amazing distraction from my flu. Thank you.
-Eddie
Last edited by BrutalEddie on Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: [Gigapuddi420] GlogbavirShatterfist - Innapropriate Shuttle Behaviour

Post by PKPenguin321 » #488343

I've approved your post for now, but your appeal will most likely be denied until you edit it to follow the ban appeal format. Please follow it as outlined here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #488345

I appreciate that you took the trouble to sign up to the forums and appeal your ban. The main reason this ban ended up being a week instead of the initial day-ban I was thinking of is because you failed to reply to my admin-PM and then disconnected after dying at centcom with the end of round report. This led me to assume you had no interest in replying when a more reasonable assumption is that you didn't see the PM with the chaos on the shuttle or you didn't know how to respond to the PM being a rather new player. In the future it's important not to completely ignore admin-PMs (though its reasonable to delay a bit to find a reasonable place to rest while responding). You can click the admin's name in the message to reply to them.

With that out of the way, you seem genuinely apologetic and you cared enough to appeal so I'm content to reduce this back down to the original 1-day ban. Rule 8 is something we take fairly seriously as this kind of thing can go beyond just annoying a few people. Shock humor is fine but don't act out stuff like masturbation as a joke. Sex jokes themselves can be fine but the acts or specifically creeping on players isn't. Being a very new player I suggest reading these rules if nothing else, you don't have to read the whole thing as it's pretty big when getting down to specifics, but the main rules are useful.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Main ... thing_else
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
BrutalEddie

Post by BrutalEddie » #488346

I really appreciate it, thank you.

I've been reading through the rules while waiting on a reply to the appeal, and I believe i'm understanding them a lot more now. Thanks for your time.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #488410

This is pretty much resolved so I'm going to lock and move it.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.