[Nervere] NDHavch1k - server perma

Appeals which have been closed.
NDHavch1k

[Nervere] NDHavch1k - server perma

Post by NDHavch1k » #489654

Byond account and character name: NDHavch1k, Ivan Popov
Banning admin: Nervere
Ban type (What are you banned from?): banned from server
Ban reason and length: "Griefed the escape shuttle with no admins online using rocket mechs with his buddy. Killed most of everyone aboard". Permanent.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): ~21:10
Server you were playing when banned: Events Hall
Your side of the story: While the reason of my ban is partially true, i have killed most of the players, BUT i did this after the round has ended.
Why you think you should be unbanned: As i've stated before, i didn't kill anyone during the round. After the round came to an end, everyone was killing each other so i thought it was okay to use my mech as well. If it's not allowed to kill people after the round, then i apologise and promise that this won't happen ever again.
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Re: [Nervere] NDHavch1k - server perma

Post by Nalzul » #489737

What round ID were you banned on? Date? It should be on the ban reason whenever you try to rejoin the server.
NDHavch1k

Post by NDHavch1k » #489738

I was banned yesterday at ~21:10 GMT+3, the round id is 106232.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #489796

To clarify, by "after the round has ended", do you mean "after the shuttle left the station" or "after the shuttle docked with Centcomm"?

If the former, this quote from the rules (https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules) might be relevant:
Rules still apply until the emergency escape shuttle has reached Centcom and the round-end antagonist report has appeared. When the shuttle has reached Centcom, players are free to act as per lone antagonists, detailed in Rule 4. Non-antagonist grief upon the shuttle, from spamming flashbangs for no reason to spraying space lube, can be met with instant 5 (five) minute bans or more.
NDHavch1k

Post by NDHavch1k » #489804

The latter, after the shuttle has docked with CentCom, and to be precise, when i saw the "Round has ended" message in the chat.
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #489938

For reference, the ban was placed on round ID 106232 but the actual events happened on round ID 106220.

[2019-04-15 16:39:20.090] MECHA: [ST4-LN] Fired from �SRM-8 missile rack, targeting Magnus Magnum. (Emergency Shuttle (102, 62, 2)) -- time of 16:39 ((misleading, this was another player NDChief))

[2019-04-15 16:42:58.485] GAME: Blackbox sealed. -- time of 16:42

I can post more when I get home
Last edited by Isratosh on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
NDHavch1k

Post by NDHavch1k » #489942

Oh yeah, that is correct, the actual round ID is 106220, thanks for pointing that out. There were 3 Durands and one (iirc) of them was attacking people before the shuttle has docked with CentCom. I named my mech something like "CommieMech", so "ST4-LN" was another person.
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #489950

You are correct.

The first instance of NDHavch1k firing anything on the shuttle is at 16:42:56, two seconds before the round ended according to the blackbox.

[2019-04-15 16:42:56.553] ATTACK: NDHavch1k/(Ivan Popov) has fired at [�space] with the �HE rocket from Emergency Shuttle (Emergency Shuttle (212, 79, 1))
[2019-04-15 16:42:58.485] GAME: Blackbox sealed.

However, this ban may have more to do with a connection to NDChief. Nervere will have to reply.
[2019-04-15 16:39:12.164] ATTACK: NDChief/(Evgenij Popov) has fired at DeathMittens/(Briggus Maximus) with the �HE rocket from Emergency Shuttle (NEWHP: 97.2) (Emergency Shuttle (102, 62, 2)) -- and much more

These logs would normally be available at https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/eve ... ack.txt.gz however the recent network problems (read: DDoS) have prevented the logs from syncing to the website. Any admin can download them while connected to the game server.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
NDHavch1k

Post by NDHavch1k » #489986

Honestly, i don't know why he was killing people on the shuttle, perhaps he was confused by something etc, i don't know. Better ask him directly, i'll notify him to reply here/create his own thread as soon as i get home. As much as i know him, he always has a reason behind his actions.
NDChief

Post by NDChief » #490013

NDChief reporting in. I am a sseth-tider, so my game knowledge was far from perfect, same goes for the rules.
This, coupled with my experience from other rounds had me convinced that the round ends as soon as the escape shuttle departs from the station, as there were always people killing each other on the shuttle in every previous round i played. I honestly felt pretty shitty about my actions when i was told that the round ends after the shuttle docks with CentComm because i ruined people's round by my lack of knowledge of the game.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #490502

It appears I did mess up with this ban. I was rushing to get through all of the tickets that round, and as a result it seems my investigation of the events you two went through the round prior was not thorough enough.
I will lift these bans and edit the ban note accordingly, but keep in mind that "end of round grief" is not allowed until the shuttle docks at Central Command and the round has ended appears in the chat.
Thanks for the appeal and your patience!