[Pizzatiger] Ballastoftheass - Permabanned/Should be a temp ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Ballast

[Pizzatiger] Ballastoftheass - Permabanned/Should be a temp ban

Post by Ballast » #490967

Byond account and character name: Ballastoftheass Aishley Fields

Banning admin: Pizzatiger

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma

Ban reason and length: Stated reason is as follows "Got themselves named rapist before going around and groping people and moaning.Then also went around shooting people with toxin syringes and went far enough to attempt to space a bartender who hit them once while they were trespassing."

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-04-26 17:50:14

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I did not actively seek out the job title 'Rapist' as the logs would show, I rolled curator, and asked the HoP for a random role with the intent to play whatever he gave me. I recieved the custom role 'rapist' with assistant level access. Probably already cringeworthy, but I like to commit to things.

I had a small push fight with an EMT, using a single one line emote once to state that I had groped them. I allowed them to beat me, and served time in the brig for sexual assault/assault, no resistance. In the scuffle I acquired the syringe gun they used to sleep-tox me.

I was not ever 'moaning', I have drunken resilience and light drinker quirks and was drunk the vast majority of the round. If at any point I was 'moaning' it was part of an involuntary speech effect from being drunk.

I remember, the only people I shot with the syringe gun were the bartender, Runtime (Who was a player, and should still be considered a shitter action), the chaplain who did not die and healed themselves, and a ghost, which seemed to be an admin spawned event and therefore an antagonist for valid. On that charge, I wholeheartedly accept my greytiding shit smeared bullshit in the fact that I killed the bartender for little more than pushing me. i make no defense of that.

As far as I am aware my standing is being that I kept to respectful limits with all parties except the bartender and the chaplain, allowed myself to willingly engage in IC consequences, generally didn't contribute, but also didnt massively detriment the round.

I deserve a temp ban, 1 week, or 48 hours, something more standard for a RDM or random non-antag greytiding. The rape charges are all trumped up bullshit and you know it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I shouldnt be unbanned. My ban should be moved from a perma to a temp of some length or variety.

*Reformatted in line with forum expectations
Last edited by Ballast on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Permabanned- Should be a temp ban Pizzatiger-Ballastoftheass

Post by Okand37 » #490969

Please adjust your post to properly fit the format listed here. You should be filling it out like a form, and are welcome to look at other posts in the forums section for reference if you're unsure.

In addition, here are some relevant logs screenshotted from the server:
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [Pizzatiger] Ballastoftheass - Permabanned/Should be a temp ban

Post by MortoSasye » #490979

Are you aware of which rules you broke? It seems like you're not aware that you messed with rule 8.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Ballast

Post by Ballast » #490980

MortoSasye wrote:rule 8.
Nope. Yep. It was creepy/sexual. No defense.

If there is precedent for that being perma on the spot, then I have nothing. Justice served.
Pizzatiger
Byond Username: Pizzatiger

Post by Pizzatiger » #490984

Im honestly willing to lower the ban to a month if you
1-Understand what you did wrong, promise not to do iy again and apologize to your victems in this thread.We play this game to have fun and what you did to them wasnt fair.
2-Understand that any repeat violations will result in you being permabanned for real
Ballast

Post by Ballast » #490985

To your response in each part, in turn.

1a. "Understand what you did is wrong." Absolutely. Its clear in the rules. It would be undeniable what I did is in violation.
1b. "Promise not to do it again" Sure. It wasn't nearly as interesting a roleplay as I had hoped it would be. At first I thought it might be neat to do a weird aggressive thing, but honestly its better left to antags and assistants. I don't really have a desire to have the job Rapist again. Sexual content in general is difficult to portray with any amount of tact whatsoever and I can see why there would be a blanket ban from my end.
1c. "Apologize to your victims" Point me in their direction or otherwise just pass on my condolences. I am not part of the discord server or any of the irc circles so I have no way to get in touch on my end.

2. Abundantly clear. In your shoes I might have upheld a perma verdict.
Last edited by Ballast on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballast

Post by Ballast » #490986

Forget that part about not knowing how to get in touch. If anyone out there cares/was affected. Im here. Clearly shitter nonsense, sorry I intruded on your round, hope it all turned out well in the end. Bartender specifically. You didn't deserve a double-tap.
Pizzatiger
Byond Username: Pizzatiger

Post by Pizzatiger » #490988

Alright! I will lower it when I get home, I look foward to seeing you back in a month! :D
Ballast

Post by Ballast » #491108

I suppose if I remember when the ban lifts, Ill see you in may as well
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #491161

Ballast wrote:I suppose if I remember when the ban lifts, Ill see you in may as well
The expire time is 2019-05-26 17:50:14