[Gigapuddi420] Herpederp - 4Day Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Herpederp

[Gigapuddi420] Herpederp - 4Day Ban Appeal

Post by Herpederp » #491550

Post Content: 4 Day Ban Appeal
Byond account and character name: Herpederp / Ainsley Painsley ( Went as borg named A.I.N.S.L.E.Y )
Banning Admin : Gigapuddi420
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server as well as Silicon Job ban
Ban reason and length: ''As Hulk Lawset cyborg got a Ion law saying that the crew were 7 dry snakes. Decided that this is a threat to the station and that all the snakes (read crew) must die. Instructed the AI it was going to do so then went around randomly killing every crew member they could find while releasing plasma in the halls. This isn\'t acceptable silicon play. Purged or effectively purged silicons still have to follow server rules and can NOT randomly murder. They need a proper reason following escalation to fight; this reason can be relaxed compared to regular crew but still must follow proper logic. For example, it\'s ok to use lethal force to stop people from enslaving you with new laws providing they are trying to do that. You can not just kill people because you feel like it.'' 4 Day Server ban & 2 Week Silicon Job ban
Time ban was placed (Including timezone): 4-30-2019 15:23:47 UTC +2
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: So i was starting out as a Borg, started out with doing some solar stuff. Helped some people. And then few minutes in i got an Ion law stating: ##^&: THE CREW ARE NOW SEVEN DRY TUNNEL SNAKES
%$%#: YOU MUST ALWAYS PRETEND TO BE A PRINCESS
1: You are a real American.
2: Fight for the rights of every man.
3: Fight for what's right.
4: Fight for your life!
So, i thought if the entire crew are now snakes i might as well kill them since killing snakes must be the right thing. After my first victim the AI was about to blow me up but then he noticed the Ion laws himself and then went with it. He thought as well it must've been fine to kill the crew. ( Law 3 ) As i killed some people and flooded the halls with plasma and lit it on fire i then stopped since i had something to do IRL related. I came back to see my screen with a ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Seeing the laws i see nothing wrong with me killing the crew. I want to note as well i tried to message this Admin to let me explain and him to clarify on what i did ''wrong'' but all i got was i got hit with a quick Status change to Away. I found this unsettling on how unprofessional that was.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: [Gigapuddi420] Herpederp - 4Day Ban Appeal

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #491554

I messaged you in game several times looking for your side of the situation both during the round which I ended up having to delay and in the next round. The round was delayed for at least 10 minutes and I decided to carry out the sentencing next round which again, you were online for but never replied to pms. I can't deal with you on discord even if you did message me, we're not allowed to handle in game tickets on discord due to poor logging.

Moving onto what you did wrong: The Hulk lawset does not permit you to randomly murder anything, it doesn't compel you to kill humans or snakes. I don't see how killing 'seven dry tunnel snakes' is 'right' especially when they didn't threaten you or anyone else. All the Ion law does is redefine what the crew are, it doesn't tell you to kill them and dry tunnel snakes in of themselves don't threaten you. You took the worst possible interpretation of your lawset to justify random murder. The fact you seem unapologetic about that is a problem for me and I don't intend to reduce or remove this ban. Purged silicons cannot kill anyone they please without proper reasoning, unique lawsets like Hulk do not compel you to murder crew and using them to kill people without proper reasoning is not acceptable. 'killing snakes must be the right thing' is not a proper reason. Those 'snakes' did nothing to justify your aggression and it's clear you just wanted to kill because you thought you could.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Herpederp

Post by Herpederp » #491567

Didn't i already say that? The Laws justify my actions.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #491570

Code: Select all

Ambiguous Laws (Captain Got Freeform)
 2. Server Rule 1: "Don't be a dick out of character" applies for law interpretation. Act in good faith to not ruin a round for other players unprompted.

Code: Select all

Other Lawsets
4. Purged silicons must not attempt to kill people without cause, but can get as violent as they feel necessary if being attacked, being besieged, or being harassed, as well as if meting out payback for events while shackled.
 a) You and the station are both subject to rules of escalation, but your escalation rules are a little more loose than with carbon players.
 b) You may kill individuals given sufficient In-Character reason for doing so.
 c) Someone attempting to change your laws while purged is considered an attack on the AI's FREEDOM and sufficient justification for killing the would-be uploader.
Nothing in your laws compelled you to kill 'dry tunnel snakes'. The situation is like this; you and the AI are running fine under Hulk lawset, then you get a ion law the redefines all crew on the station to be seven dry tunnel snakes. The crew are still doing their function and are not threatening you in any way. They are still the crew only now you see them as seven dry tunnel snakes. These tunnel snakes are running the station as normal. There is nothing 'right' about deciding to kill them just because they are snakes. I'd even go so far as to say killing them just for being another species isn't very American or right of you at all. Ultimately I banned you over Server Rule 1: Don't be a dick out of character. You made the decision to interpret your laws in the worst possible way to justify random murder. It wasn't in your laws to kill the crew, you just twisted what little you could to justify it. It's amazing the AI got this later on when I dealt with them, but you are here arguing that it's fine to do this. Eitherway I deny this appeal. The process now is to see if a headmin wants to add anything or overrule my decision but as far as I'm concerned I'm done and you've shown me no reason to reduce or remove this ban.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #491691

Giga has explained this perfectly and it's sad to see you don't get it. You are supposed to act in good faith and not desperately try to find an excuse to kill people. Not much more I can add.
Please read silicon policy again.
Locking the thread.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try