[Phuzzylodgik] close0 - ban

Appeals which have been closed.
close0

[Phuzzylodgik] close0 - ban

Post by close0 » #491821

Byond account and character name: close0 (charname didn't remember, always randomize)
Banning admin: Phuzzylodgik
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temporary ban from Events Hall server.
Ban reason and length: Sabotage SM without being antagonist 72 hours
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 02/05/2019 01:13:22h (server time)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Events hall (:4337)
Your side of the story: I just wanted to make some fun and experiment with the SM Crystal. The fire was an accident (the gas leaked not), a spark iniciated the fire. Later the SM was stabilized by the crew. I lied to the admin because i was afraid that they will permaban for griefing.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I just want to cause minor trouble, but it has turned into a major problem. I enjoy playing /tr/ server, i've learned the lesson, i will not do more grief. I'm so sorry :(
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [Phuzzylodgik] close0 - ban

Post by MortoSasye » #491841

Lying in ahelps is also against our rules:
6. In-game administration rulings are final.
Incidences of admin abuse, negligence or disputed rulings can be taken to the forums. If an admin says something was 'looked into, handled, resolved' etc, regarding an issue, it is unlikely an admin will provide any further information. Admins are under no obligation to reveal IC information. Deliberately lying or misrepresenting facts in adminhelps will be dealt with harshly.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
pointlesswaste
Byond Username: Pointlesswaste3

Post by pointlesswaste » #492159

deleted for poorly stating something that could easily be interpreted as encouraging players to lie.
Last edited by pointlesswaste on Sat May 04, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #492179

pointlesswaste wrote:quick reminder (to other admins) that a good portion of the playerbase has no experience dealing with our admins outside of player-told stories that essentially go *bwoink* "yer gettin banned kiddo"

lying to admins is bad, but understand that there's such a thing as a reflexive lie told in fear. it's hard to take them back, too, once they slip out.
I know this will count as peanut posting, but I consider it important to clarify that you can't lie under any circumstances. Players should follow the rules and read them, and if they bothered to do so they would notice the rule posted above that lying is dealt with harshly and avoid doing so even when they may be ''scared''.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #492252

Apologies. I've been busy preparing for a trip so I didn't get to your appeal until now.

I very much appreciate that you've come here and honestly discussed your actions and expressed regret for them.

Your ban has already expired but I can at least offer you an explanation as to why you were banned for three full days and how you can avoid finding yourself in the same sort of trouble in the future.

First, here's the actual ban reason:

Code: Select all

Banned from the server for 3 days - Playing as a non-antag engineer, deconned the SM's cooling loop then opened a canister of plasma, starting a fire that made it much more difficult to stop the delamination. At least one other player was killed as a result. When quesioned, player lied about every aspect of the above.
Player receives a 72 hour ban.
Please use this time to familiarize yourself with our rules: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that while each of the above events happened, I have their order turned around.

Here's what you did from my perspective:

While ghosting elsewhere in the station, I received a notification that someone had opened a plasma canister without a container inside of it. This means that the canister's contents are now venting into atmosphere. This is almost always a bad thing.

I jumped to its location and watched you walk from the now-venting canister over to the left side of the SM, where you immediately wrenched loose 4 pipes that are critical to the cooling loop's operation. As other members of the engineering department started to arrive, you walked over to the engine room's air alarm and began to attempt to hack it. A resulting spark is what ignited the inferno that killed you and another player.

When I PM'd you, you were at first not forthcoming about what you had done. When I confronted you with log data and what I had seen with my own eyes, you responded with lies and hostility.

In short, you received a day's ban for each of the following:

Day 1: Plasmaflooding and igniting the fire.
Day 2: The resulting death of your fellow crewmember.
Day 3: Lying and hostility in our ahelp conversation.

I can understand that you lied because you were worried about being permabanned. I will tell you this for the future: myself and most admins are much, much more lenient and understanding when the person we're bwoinking is forthright and honest. There is no better way to ensure that the severity of your punishment will be dramatically increased than lying to our admins.

Your grief gimmick got away from you and someone got hurt? Who among us hasn't done the same?

You and another player got into a fight and things got out of hand? There isn't a single admin on staff that hasn't been in that position. (Except maybe Reed.)

Lie to us about any of the above, however, and prepare to have your ass shown the door.

You're free to come back and play at any time now. Please review our rules and and relevant job guides before you do. If you have any questions or need clarification regarding a rule or policy, please don't hesitate to ahelp it.

Welcome back and have fun!