skarrj

[Hulkmania] Skarrj - Temporary Server Ban

Post by skarrj » #492026

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Skarrj / Brett Tallman
Banning admin: Hulkmania
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temporary Server Ban
Ban reason and length: 30 Days
Time ban was placed (including time zone) : 2019/04/21 21:14 [Pacific Standard Time]
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I don't remember.
Your side of the story: I was going around the station opening the hand portal to the abandoned teleporter for no reason, and then random crew members would go into the portal for fun. Anytime I opened the portal I'd start warning people that "Portals are dangerous" and I went on a few random rants over the radio about how people should avoid portals. That being said, I'd re open the portal every five minutes and more crew members would just walk inside thinking nothing of it. Sometimes they'd come running out terrified using with their internals equipped, but a lot of them just died because they didn't know any better. Seven crewmembers died from it, so I was told. I was definitely being trollish by opening portals, but I never was pushing anybody into the portals or tempting people to go inside. I strictly told people to avoid the portals. Hulkmania claimed I was "going into the portal to check my body count", which was definitely not the case. I didn't have a flashlight and the abandoned teleporter interior is pitch black; I only went in by accident except for one time to check if anyone happened to setup the teleporter since an engineer went in the portal while wearing a space suit.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I definitely wont do anything like this ever again. It was a one time thing that was out of character for me. I was just in a bad mood from people griefing me the round before and this seemed like an innocent way to vent and also teach people a lesson about random portals being dangerous. I definitely realize where I went wrong and I apologize for using people's curiosity to lead them to their death. I hate when people grief and I never want to be that person; Again, I apologize to everyone I inconvenienced by removing them from the round as a non traitor. It will never happen again, I will try my best to do better in the future.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkmania] Skarrj - Temporary Server Ban

Post by Hulkamania » #492031

I have changed the note to reflect the fact that you were not intentionally going to see how many people you had killed.

You seem to have understood what you did wrong in this instance, and why it was a bad thing. You do have a little bit of a note history, and this was a particularly egregious incident of grief. While telling people "portals are dangerous" does technically serve that the portal might be something you don't want to, this was pretty clearly baiting people to their death and I'm glad you understand that.

I have reduced the length of your ban from 30 days to 15 and so it will now expire on May 6th.